EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Socorro Coaching Job

Who is going to take this job

Re: Socorro Coaching Job

Everyone is scared 😱 of this job where Coaching Careers go to die!!!!!

This job is actually better than both Bel Air and Riverside. You may not win a district championship, but with the right coach in there they could possibly compete for a playoff spot.

Most ridiculous statement I have ever read.

Are you must be high, its one of the worst jobs in the state 6A.

What the hell are you talking about, Socorro will never be a playoff team....lol

The year Socorro makes it to the playoffs is the year students from that area stop going to Del Valle and Americas and decide to go to Socorro and play for Socorro.

I never said they would dominate or win district, but with the realignments it is easier in that district than it is for Riverside or Bel Air to make playoffs.

Not true at all the district Riverside is in is a cakewalk. Literally parkland maybe canuts then everyone else is absolutely aweful. Seriously hanks, ysleta, horizon, come on

They are bad, but not nearly as bad as Riverside currently is. It's tough to say that, but Riverside has completely fallen off the face of the earth. Such a dominate program for so long and now Ysleta beats them on a regular basis. Socorro at least will have some numbers and is still in 6A, but unless something changes drastically Riverside may need to drop down to 4A. Neither in my opinion are very good jobs but looking at everything I think Socorro is a better job to take.

I have to agree with nostradamus. RHS is not the RHS of old folks. They will most likely be 4-A the next go around as they were around 10 over the number this yr. Even though there is open enrollment in all districts, Riverside is not a draw. Eastwood with a new school building will get a ton of transfers as they had prior to last year. HMMMM, should I go to EW or RHS if I am an aspiring athlete? easy choice.

Now, let's not forget Socorro is getting a brand spanking new school and has a pretty good magnet school. I could see SHS make a move and compete at some time for a playoff spot.

New Building same issues and no coach is given time to build. Too political. Coaches go there to die literally. They don’t have numbers compared to all the other 6a in the district. The big 5a’s have more numbers than Socorro. Why do you think nobody apply’s.

Eastsider
The year Socorro makes it to the playoffs is the year students from that area stop going to Del Valle and Americas and decide to go to Socorro and play for Socorro.
I think you meant to say Eastlake not Americas.

So who’s the lucky guy???. . Out of towner??

The final two candidates are from out of town one is rumored to be the OC from Lubbock Estacado

I’m sure they’ll be a good fit for our kids and community smh😩

Hearing only a couple people applied for this job. So Socorro asked/offered the job to a former El Dorado Coach who turned it down. Then they advertised in other parts of the state. No one wanted this job.

I dont blame them, this is a hard place to win and unless administration starts to help facilitate change they will continue to be the worst 6a in the state of Texas.

If the better skilled kids that live in and around the Socorro community actually enrolled and attended Socorro high school instead of some other nearby high schools who recruited them they would see immense improvement.

And thats the "Flagship" school of SISD.....?????

Anthony Hinsley from Pharr San Juan Alamo will be the new head coach recently a linebackers coach and former DC

Legend.Abe08
Anthony Hinsley from Pharr San Juan Alamo will be the new head coach recently a linebackers coach and former DC
Good Luck to the guy

So our new coach is apparently on probation with the uil right now. Any truth to this.

He received a public reprimand (slap on wrist, name in UIL Leaguer) probably for something verbal. Got it in January and I guess he was coaching basketball while he received it.

Probation is more serious. Eastwood FB is still on a three yr probation from using cell phones in press box or something like that.

Lol at Eastwood cheating

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m