EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ok so i know the greater ep showcase game isnt

Ok so i know the greater ep showcase game isnt necessarly a all star team of the best players in ep but all star teams consisting of the best seniors only and after watching the whole game i came to this. Oline play was bad really bad, ep has huge olineman but they couldnt block. Dline play was good and it wasnt bcs of the bad oline, i saw the d line making good athletic plays. Quarterback play was bad also especially passing wise. I was impressed by chapin qb ability to run. All qbs struggled alot with snaps. No qb impressed passing wise but ill give em the benifit of the doubt bcs oline was horrible... The rest of the positions looked pretty good to me. Wrs did drop alot of easy passes but they also made big plays. Skill positions looked to have decent speed but you could easily tell which ones were the d1 players just by speed.the secondary wasnt really tested as there wssnt much throws. They did get beat a couple of times from each team with trick plays or just the usual d1 players making a play. Secondarys from both teams were really good tacklers tho. Play calling was also bad which didnt really help anyone. Ik its just a game for fun and they dont get much preparation but thats just some observations from an outsider. There is a noticiable gap between the legit d1/d2 players compared to the rest. Also utep shouldve offered chapins dt lol hes fast for a 6'2 290lb guy and has some good fundamentals. New mexico state got a steal

Linebacker play was good for both teams. Not alot of good runs. It all goes back to the oline play. Im sure theres better olineman out there in ep that happen to be underclassmen but just some observations. Also ignore all the typos. Hard to type alot on a phone lol

Re: Ok so i know the greater ep showcase game isnt

I think it's pretty ridiculous to look at an all-star game to judge individual skills. Especially in the offensive side of the ball when everyone is running these plays for the first time

Deion Flanders
I think it's pretty ridiculous to look at an all-star game to judge individual skills. Especially in the offensive side of the ball when everyone is running these plays for the first time
I went over that. But that doesnt explain the horrible o line play, it was bad. Rbs were getting met 2 yards behind the los and qbs had less than 2 seconds to throw. But ok lets just ignore all that. Horrible Playcalling doesnt explain easy drops, missed wide open throws ,no one blocking etc. No qb impressed, rbs were basically a non factor with the exception of some plays here and there due to the bad o line play. I said ill give em the benefit of the doubt cs they get little prep but to not be able to block anyone is bad.

The format tested my patience, but i guess we should expect that from an All-star game. Waiting all thru the 2nd & 3rd quarter to see my son play when the game was being decided by those players kind of sucked. Oh well, great experience for all.

Montwoods Richard Lara was originally not selected for the all star game. He was not invited to be picked in the draft. But after a roster slot became available way later after the draft they ended up contacting Montwoods Richard Lara and he ended up getting MVP Offensive Lineman of the all star game. Think about that for a minute and that's the kind of all star game that it is.

Qbert
Montwoods Richard Lara was originally not selected for the all star game. He was not invited to be picked in the draft. But after a roster slot became available way later after the draft they ended up contacting Montwoods Richard Lara and he ended up getting MVP Offensive Lineman of the all star game. Think about that for a minute and that's the kind of all star game that it is.
right on man!

Deion Flanders
No it's not ridiculous, it is really all about the individual skills from the players, cause they don't really have time to come together as a team, that is why it's call the all-star game. Lets be honest, certain players that suppose to show up didn't show up, simple as that......

Qbert
People make mistakes

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m