EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3
Author
Comment
Hanks is Open

So who gets this one?

Re: Hanks is Open

My guess is no one good. Hanks is like the UTEP of high schools. They can't get any good coaches and when Hanks does get a coach that can turn the program around, they leave.

Please lord, not another loser like Price or Cleveland. We need a real coach. Someone who cares about the Hanks community. Richard Thomas anybody?

Richard Thomas will never get Hanks

Why not? Ysleta hired and alum and Riverside just did too. The community wants someone who cares and has experience and he fits the bill. He can do a good job but at the same time the district has to give a head coach resources to be successful. I am not talking about money I am talking about being able to hire and put people around him to get the job done.

It’s gotta be Jason Blair’s . . He’s been the OC under Price who’s vested in the program and would continue the systems put in place to have the Knights run through the district next year. . No brainer!!

Current HS coach
Why not? Ysleta hired and alum and Riverside just did too. The community wants someone who cares and has experience and he fits the bill. He can do a good job but at the same time the district has to give a head coach resources to be successful. I am not talking about money I am talking about being able to hire and put people around him to get the job done.
Richard Thomas applied and didn’t get it when Jones got the job then applied again after jones was fired and again did not get the job price did so what makes you think he will get it this time when he was fired from bel air ....

He wasn't fired TC was fired.

Lol so was he if not he would still be there ... scoggins gave him the boot

TC and his coordinators were Fired!!!

Quick Wok
It’s gotta be Jason Blair’s . . He’s been the OC under Price who’s vested in the program and would continue the systems put in place to have the Knights run through the district next year. . No brainer!!
Blair offered at Socorro.....you know what that means

El chingon
Current HS coach
Richard Thomas applied and didn’t get it when Jones got the job then applied again after jones was fired and again did not get the job price did so what makes you think he will get it this time when he was fired from bel air ....
Man...jones and price.....that worked out well

Whoever becomes Hanks new head coach better do some solid recruiting of their own Hanks zone and not have all the good skilled players from that Hanks zone to be recruited to go to Eastwood.

El chingon
Lol so was he if not he would still be there ... scoggins gave him the boot
Yeah look at the clowns that Scoggins hired, I bet youre one of them...

No Mr Thomas I am not a coach at Bel Air ... but I see you’re not holding any grudges lol

I didn’t think Coach Price would be there more than three years. I believe his mission was to lay a foundation and groom Coach Blair to be the Head Coach for the future. There are many things that Price got going in the spring of 17 that were being neglected under Jones and the program bottomed out during his tenure. I agree they need someone who will commit long term and think either Blair or Thomas would be that guy. Yes, they need to try and keep the kids within the boundary but long term need a healthy dose of transfers like Eastwood. It wasn’t too long ago that Eastwood was a bottom dweller. Also, the demographic seems changed much from when I was there. Not saying it’s a good or bad thing, just an observation, and that is that it appears there are more native Spanish speakers than before, not exactly the type that prefers football but futbol instead. Again, it’s anecdotal and I’m Hispanic so there is no white privilege I need to check LOL.

This job was Blair's up until the last minute when Price was contacted and brought in. If he stays and does not go after the Socorro job, this should all be his. Knights have made strides the past two years but this is not the Hanks of yesteryear. As parent mentioned above, the demographics have changed and numbers are way down. With Eastwood opening back up next year, it will be a battle to keep/get kids to choose Hanks.

Things are not going to be easy at BA as well.

Whoever the next HC is, he is going to have his work cut out for him. Especially with the new Eastwood campus nearly complete and Montwood HS down the street. YISD needs to step in and help with Hanks enrollment #s by making some sort of cut off mark at Eastwood (2250-2500max) and by making the EHS feeder Boundaries smaller.

I was told that Desert View had a pretty good football team this past season (not sure if it were 7th or 8th grade) but that future Hanks HC will need to make his and his staff's presence known at Desert View and Indian Ridge with the athletes and coaches. Can't forget about the peewee football program the JR knights as many of the kids parents live in the Hanks feeder area or are Hanks alumni. If he can make the 79935/36 community proud and take pride of being a Knight, he can turn that program around.

Quick Wok
I, as many, believe the next candidate who should replace Price and be Hanks next HC is currently on staff. However, Blair is not the man for this job....

JJ Calderon...Hanks alum...might as well, Eastlake can't compete in that district anyways, he can bring his mijo OC with him

My son will be a senior next year and I was really looking forward to him expanding on the success of the past two years. It really angers me that instead of him and the team flourishing they will regress and now need learn a new system of play calling or even a new offense. Coach Garcia would be my pick but I'd settle for Blair . . .Really hope they choose from within

1 2 3
w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m