EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Top Freshman and Sophmore Quarterback's Moving Up Next Year

Always looking at new players moving up to varsity next year. Any players that have caught your eye? I've watched a lot of Westside football over the years and I really like a couple of QB's at Franklin. They have a freshman and a sophomore that have been tearing it up for years. Cameron Byrd is the freshman and Devyn Clark is the sophomore. They both went undefeated last year. Cameron is more of a pocket passer and Devyn is a dual threat very fast kid. Pablo (forgot last name) is another kid at Franklin who was moved up as a sophomore running back last year but unfortunately has had some shoulder issues. Franklin appears to be stacked with a lot of big linemen moving up. Who have you seen that look to make some noise over the next couple of years?

Re: Top Freshman and Sophmore Quarterback's Moving Up Next Year

DaMinerMan
Always looking at new players moving up to varsity next year. Any players that have caught your eye? I've watched a lot of Westside football over the years and I really like a couple of QB's at Franklin. They have a freshman and a sophomore that have been tearing it up for years. Cameron Byrd is the freshman and Devyn Clark is the sophomore. They both went undefeated last year. Cameron is more of a pocket passer and Devyn is a dual threat very fast kid. Pablo (forgot last name) is another kid at Franklin who was moved up as a sophomore running back last year but unfortunately has had some shoulder issues. Franklin appears to be stacked with a lot of big linemen moving up. Who have you seen that look to make some noise over the next couple of years?
They lost to the Mighty Rams.

They lost to no one last year......freshman, JV, and Varsity did not lose any district games last year. The Montwood game was very competitive but they did not win the game.

Top returning sophomore and one of the best in the city is Hanks Aaron Molina. Kid has already produced at a high level in leading the Knights to a playoff berth this past year. Look for big things from the Knights in 2019 with Molina running the offense.

Chingon
Top returning sophomore and one of the best in the city is Hanks Aaron Molina. Kid has already produced at a high level in leading the Knights to a playoff berth this past year. Look for big things from the Knights in 2019 with Molina running the offense.
I second that

DaMinerMan
They lost to no one last year......freshman, JV, and Varsity did not lose any district games last year. The Montwood game was very competitive but they did not win the game.
Refs had their take on the outcome last year, buy hey it was what is was.

Refs have been a little inconsistent over the years, but overall I think they do ok. I guess the only way to look at is sometimes the bad calls go your way and sometimes they don't. I think it balances out unless you go and play in New Mexico. They don't even try to hide the fact that they making all the calls in favor of their local team. Very frustrating that they wait to throw a flag until they see the result of the play. If you catch the ball for a big play then the holding call is made on the offensive line. If the receiver drops the ball or its an overthrown pass they play on. If its holding throw the flag regardless of what happens after the pass. Same on long runs. Your team breaks off a long run, then there was a holding call being made as he is being tackled down the field (after making a first down) or running into the end zone. I hate calls being made based on the result of the play. Maybe it was a hold but late flags being thrown all the time looks bad when it is not being done to both teams.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m