EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Breaking News out of Del Valle

Posted on Twitter by Matt Stepp

Pending board approval Garland Naaman Forest will name ELPaso Del Valle Jesse Perales as their next HFC

Re: Breaking News out of Del Valle

Congratulations to Coach Jesse. What a terrific move for him.

Wife got a promotion. Superintendent of Garland ISD is former DV principal Rick Lopez.

SportsFan
Wife got a promotion. Superintendent of Garland ISD is former DV principal Rick Lopez.
It's not what you know but who you know in this world.

Congratulations to Coach Perales, an EP Legend already, Godspeed! He came he saw and he conquered at Del Valle. OFOD nation will forever be grateful for what he has done. Naaman Forrest is getting a great coach and even better a great family man. He amassed a record of 125-50 and molded hundreds of young men. Now the question is who will take over at Del Valle???? Any predictions??????

Wonder if another Montez kid would have been coming up in the ranks as a sophomore or junior if Perales would have stayed.

With the timing and success of program, look for them to stay with a current staff member.

SportsFan
With the timing and success of program, look for them to stay with a current staff member.
I agree. They will stay in house and DV will likely miss the playoffs. Jesse Perales is leaving at the right time as the district DV is now in because of the new realignment finally has tough competition after all these years.

Coach Deal will be on his staff

You do know there are 10 other coaches on the coaching staff that are staying at DV and have been in that winning program for years. Tell me who will beat out DV for a playoff spot in that division? Bel Air? El Dorado? Chapin? Eastlake? Eastwood? DV has a lot of talent coming up and a solid offensive line that are mostly seniors. They have a sophomore quarterback that can run and throw the ball. They have 2 solid running backs that can run and put their helmets down run over people and will be adding a tight end into the mix. The defense looks solid as always and is very fast. Oh lets not forget that the JV and Freshmen won district by crushing Eastlake and beating Eastwood. So as for the future at DV well its set up for years to come. I'm sure there will be some top names applying for this position because the foundation of winning is set for years to come. I really hope they hire in house and continue to with their winning tradition. At DV we dont rebuild we reload!

BigBadBlue
You do know there are 10 other coaches on the coaching staff that are staying at DV and have been in that winning program for years. Tell me who will beat out DV for a playoff spot in that division? Bel Air? El Dorado? Chapin? Eastlake? Eastwood? DV has a lot of talent coming up and a solid offensive line that are mostly seniors. They have a sophomore quarterback that can run and throw the ball. They have 2 solid running backs that can run and put their helmets down run over people and will be adding a tight end into the mix. The defense looks solid as always and is very fast. Oh lets not forget that the JV and Freshmen won district by crushing Eastlake and beating Eastwood. So as for the future at DV well its set up for years to come. I'm sure there will be some top names applying for this position because the foundation of winning is set for years to come. I really hope they hire in house and continue to with their winning tradition. At DV we dont rebuild we reload!
Del Valle is done. No Montez no playoffs

Seems like the finalists have been found for this job and final interviews are tomorrow. I would be expecting something final early next week.

Very big job for whoever they choose to lead the program. Usually, good programs hire from within. There was a TON of outside interest however. It'll be interesting to see.

Felix Chavez El Paso Times just tweeted this

According to multiple reports Rudy Contreras will be new football coach at Del Valle replacing Jesse Perales who left for Garland

Great hire for the DV community. Former QB at Del Valle and a great coach who’s been apart of multiple district titles as a player and a coach. The district got this one right in my opinion!

He deserves a shot at the HC job but there were way better applicants. It's not what you know but who you know in the city of El Paso.

Great to hear Coach Contreras got hired! Very much deserved and great for the players, school and community. Coach Contreras is a great coach and it is best fit! Its not about who you know its about OFOD its representing Del Valle its about the 79907!

Not what I was hoping for but it is what it is and he will have my support.

DV Dad
Great to hear Coach Contreras got hired! Very much deserved and great for the players, school and community. Coach Contreras is a great coach and it is best fit! Its not about who you know its about OFOD its representing Del Valle its about the 79907!
What is OFOD?

DaRock
He deserves a shot at the HC job but there were way better applicants. It's not what you know but who you know in the city of El Paso.
Who? Heard there were not that many.

X
Great hire for the DV community. Former QB at Del Valle and a great coach who’s been apart of multiple district titles as a player and a coach. The district got this one right in my opinion!
What year(s) did he play at del valle?

Zzzzzz
X
What year(s) did he play at del valle?
I think he played for chuck veliz many moons ago

Deion Flanders
DV Dad
What is OFOD?
OFOD has to do with finance

Options, Futures and Other Derivatives

The SAGA Continues...... Contreras was a hell of a qb back in his day. He along with the Chuckster got DV on the Map, Coach Perales continued and made his own legacy as being the top contender in the Lower Valley after taken the reigns (best program in the valley) from Work and Riverside. Now we will see if Contreras is ready to continue being a top contender. If he can show us early on he can compete with the likes of Eastwood and Eastlake, Del Valle will be in business for years to come!!!!

ThE KiNg
The SAGA Continues...... Contreras was a hell of a qb back in his day. He along with the Chuckster got DV on the Map, Coach Perales continued and made his own legacy as being the top contender in the Lower Valley after taken the reigns (best program in the valley) from Work and Riverside. Now we will see if Contreras is ready to continue being a top contender. If he can show us early on he can compete with the likes of Eastwood and Eastlake, Del Valle will be in business for years to come!!!!
Not with SISD new open enrollment. Perales left at the right time. Smart guy.

I would have been happier if Coach Butler was hired for the position.

Our motto OFOD-One Family One Destiny

Trucker
ThE KiNg
Not with SISD new open enrollment. Perales left at the right time. Smart guy.
Open enrollment is no big deal. EPISD has it and YISD has it. SISD is just starting, but believe me, if someone wanted to play somewhere, they made it happen. Perales sure as heck did not leave due to impending open enrollment or maybe what some have seen as a fall off in talent. Eastlake will be 6-A the next go around as well as Eastwood. So the district even gets weaker. ElDo is only other SISD school so there is no fear of open enrollment for DV.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m