​​​​​​​
EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Top quarterbacks in the city next year

Ben Carney is going to be surprising a lot of people next year. He is a tall kid with a rocket arm and has good leadership skills. He got hurt last year because he didn’t have much of an o line besides Niland. But Coronado was 4-0 with him and 3-4 without him. Even won against Carlsbad when they were one of New Mexico’s top teams. But this kid is special and with a more experienced line, Samaniego at running back and burns and cox as other weapons, expect him to get multiple offers by around mid way through the season.

Re: Top quarterbacks in the city next year

This is a delusional statement.

Top QBs

Walther
Ochoa
Kid from eastwood.

That's where the list stops

Period end of story.

Please dont tell me what they were in non district.

So the kid is good, but he DID NOT win the Carlsbad game.... they took him out and #12 Arroyo scored the only touchdown that night the score was Coronado 10 and Carlsbad 9... Defensive won that game.... Coronado hasn't had a good line for any of there QB. So good luck!!. ANY QB that plays for Coronado will need be to quick on their FEET!! If this kids wants to be on top he needs to play for a different school.

Castañeda- Eastwood
Walther- Franklin
Herrera- Parkland
Ochoa- Pebble Hills

In that order.

Translation ep football insider= Eastwood fan. Sorry but that isn't the order

Probably either the kids daddy or the coach himself lol

I thought Hanks was supposed to have a good QB?

Zzzzz
Don't they always.

I just won the lottery!!!

Qbert
Zzzzz
Don't they always.

I just won the lottery!!!
What is the criteria being used to determine the top QBs? I ask because a QB in a more spread offense may have better numbers than a QB in a power run game but that doesn't make them better. Same as a QB with a 8-0 record but he has a stud RB and defense and he manages the game while another is 5-3 but is more "valuable" to the teams success. With that said I look at Gabe Herrera and Sebastian Ochoa as the top two QBs.
Leadership on and off of the field, wins, statistics, and total versatility. They both can stand in the pocket as well as run if asked to. More so Sebas than Gabe. Gabe is a very good pocket passer, very accurate.
I know that Americas will have a new QB that is bigger and more athletic than the two from last year. I have heard nothing but sterling things about him. Socorro will have a new QB as will Montwood.
Eastlake has a returner as well.
Should be fun to watch all of these QBs develop

The team with the best O-Line will produce the best QB.

Real
The team with the best O-Line will produce the best QB.
The best QB will make his OL seem the best.

Honestly the top Quarterbacks considering everything will be

Franklin's Danny Walther and Coronado's Ben Carney

Why people keep trying to sell the coronaomdo qb. Please stop putting him with the elites

Niland was horrible last year. Jake Cox is the man! Coronado needs good pulling guards.

BOLD
Niland was horrible last year. Jake Cox is the man! Coronado needs good pulling guards.
Will Cox be playing both sides of the ball offense and defense?????

Slaughter scored the touchdown against Carlsbad. 25 slide into the endzone!

nope
Slaughter scored the touchdown against Carlsbad. 25 slide into the endzone!
Slaughter did score the touchdown, but #12 Arroyo was the QB that ran the ball twice, passed the ball once,that go Coronado to there 10 yard line for Slaughter to run it in.. So yeah... and once again to score the only touchdown of the night..

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m