​​​​​​​
EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Was Coronados season last year legit or a fluke?

Last year was the first time in a long time the T-birds had a 7 win season. The year before they won the westside bowl and went to the playoffs, last year They win 7 games and get to the playoffs, will they be better this season or will they take a step back?

Re: Was Coronados season last year legit or a fluke?

I am a bit biased here, but I truly believe that last year was a sign of things to come. We had a massive amount of talent (Seabrook, slaughter, varela, Barrett, McFaddin, Niland, Romero, Cox and Burns) those are all guys who were great for us last year and most are moving on to the next level. We have some guys moving up that we’re young guys that will be good. The biggest place we’re going to be hurting at is the loss of Gary Recoder. The defense will be solid with bob Anderson, and Romero is a very good coach as well. Ultimately it will be on the offense to produce, but carney and Samaniego will be good in the backfield, and we only lost one guy up front. I’m interested to see who steps up at right tackle, but the line will be much more experienced. All in all, I expect us to do about the same as last year.

Coronado will make it to the playoffs this season. As far as winning the 1-6A district title it will come down between them, Franklin and Americas.

Coronado needs work on the offensive line. They have had great skill players, but the reason Carney went down was a line problem. Bob Anderson loves defense, but lets get a good line to pass protect, and run behind.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m