​​​​​​​
EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Do cathedrals state championships count?

Hear me out, I know that they count and they won fair and square, but they were a door mat until they dropped to a lower level of tapps, and my bet is they would get the table run on them if the played most of the city. Hell I bet even Socorro would beat them handilly. So the question is, are these validated championships, or just low level private schools? Because to be honest they were not the best private school those years either, and are not an elite program amongst Texas private schools. Let’s talk about this

Re: Do cathedrals state championships count?

No I don't count Cate or Faith Christian's title(s).

See I just don’t see how you can call yourself a state champion when you are always scheduled as a homecoming game in your own city

They dont play taps though do they. Aren't they tcal which is the lowest league. Not very competitive.

From what I understand, there were 5 teams that weren't competitive in the association and they formed their own 5 team division. 4 of the 5 went to the playoffs and Cathedral won the State Championship.

I guess it would be as if Tornillo and Anthony one year decided to go independent and play each other for the State Title when their seasons finish.

Couple years ago I was at a Franklin vs Gadsden volleyball game at Gadsden and there are several Football State Titles from Gadsden in the 80's. I knew they had wan alot in the 50's buy never knew they were a State Power in the 80's. Well it was a similar scenario to Cathedral. They won multiple state titles in the 80's but they're not recognized by the State Association.

How many playoff games did Cathedral have to win in order to get to the state championship game?

Rudy
How many playoff games did Cathedral have to win in order to get to the state championship game?
Only 2 games. A semifinal and final. 4 team playoff.

I feel you guys, especially with the upper levels of TAPPS being tougher to play in. I must ask though, would you rather be a doormat in a larger league or be in a league that is better suited for teams that are like yours?
Just a question

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m