My Top 10 Teams in the 915
1. Franklin- the Cougars high octane offense is looking to be the top in the city for the second year in a row. When the dust has settled look for QB Walther and company to put up some big numbers.
2. Americas- All State RB Dumas returns along with eight other starters on offense and eight on defense. They definitely have a shot at the #1 spot! A young Dumas and company proved they could compete last year. They will now try to prove the naysayers wrong by trying to win a district and bi-district crown.
3. Parkland- This team from the Northeast usually doesn’t get the press it garners. However they have quietly gone 2 deep and 3 deep in the playoffs the past 2 years. Hankins and company taught the Matadors how to win now QB Herrera and company will keep the Tradition alive at The Park!
4. Eastwood- The Troopers have one more year left in 5A, and they will surely take advantage of the opportunity presented to them. QB Castaneda and Company’s Air RAID will be fun to watch and will give their opponents fits.
5. Eastlake- One of the top team’s in the city in my eyes, they are loaded at almost all skill positions. Gone is Calderon,however this proud program will simply continue the tradition. QB Olivas is one of the best athletes in the city, couple him with RB Donacio and UTIL Kirtley and we have something scary in the Horizon! This team returns 17 starters and knows that it can challenge for the district crown as well as make a playoff run.
6. Coronado- Two Division one Players along with seasoned QB Carney gives this team the arsenal to compete. If a stout defense can be assembled look out for the T-Birds to fly high!
7. Pebble Hills- Ochoa and Company are on a quest to win their first ever district championship and make a playoff run. Who will emerge on offense to make this a memorable season?
8. Montwood- Ramos looks to be the next big running back at Montwood. WR Flores will be a key target on that offense, look for the Wood to burn the ship!!
9.0 Del Valle- Gone is one of the best to ever put on the headset in El Paso. Contreras will keep the OFOD tradition alive. A strong defense (they return 7) should hold the fort down until the offense side of the ball is figured out. Amongst those expected to emerge on offense is RB Serrano.
9.1 Andress- D1 prospects LB Liggins and DT Gallardo make this defense one of the best in the city. Plenty of football talent at Andress they are eager to show the city how far they can go this year
10.0 Burges (sleeper)-QB Caldwell, RB Hall, and UTIL Jones make one of the best offense in the city. The Mustangs will look to go further this year in the playoffs as well as compete for a district championship.
10.1 Canutillo- RB Amato will lead the Eagles along with 14 returning starters. Look for the Eagles to play their type of football, ground and pound and some hard nose defense.
My Top 10 Teams that will go furthest in the Playoffs
1. Parkland (3rd Round)
2. Burges (3rd Round)
3. Andress (3rd Round)
4. Franklin (2nd Round)
5. Coronado(2nd Round)
6. Eastwood (2nd Round)
7. Eastlake (2nd Round)
8. Canutillo (2nd Round)
9. Americas (1st Round)
10. Pebble Hills (1st Round)
So sad. I mean, unless I am wrong, the best a team can do is beat ONE out of town team!!!!!!!!
Yet some on this site rant and rave about EP FB. So much media attention, yet other sports fare way better!! Just being REAL !!
AMEN !! I mean reading those stellar reviews above I would of thought we owned the STATE!! Oh well. Praise EP Football!!
Shut up realist.