​​​​​​​
EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Parkland coaching

Why does parkland schedule so weak ??Is the coach trying to get a high winning percentage and find anther job??? They might have the weakest schedule in the city.

Re: Parkland coaching

Orangebird
Why does parkland schedule so weak ??Is the coach trying to get a high winning percentage and find anther job??? They might have the weakest schedule in the city.
Most all head coaches do that. Schedule easy teams for predistrict games. Win win win and then apply for jobs out of town and leave El Paso. It's a common practice by alot of head coaches.

Not in 6a check their schedules

Using Max preps rankings parkland scrimmaged 9 Eastlake plays 10 Austin on predistrict plays 13 burges in predistrict plays 14 Chapin in predistrict and in district has no choice to play 12 hanks and 15 canutillo. I grant no outta town teams but has 5 games vs top 15 in el paso and scrimmages number 9. Not sure what y'all think of max preps but that what I noticed.

After Friday’s game...why does Burges schedule so weak??!!

FalconFeather
After Friday’s game...why does Burges schedule so weak??!!
😂😂

Parkland wins because they can out-talent everyone. I can coach them to 8 wins with my minimul knowledge of X's and O's.

Deion Flanders
Parkland wins because they can out-talent everyone. I can coach them to 8 wins with my minimul knowledge of X's and O's.
It's 1-5A so so weak.

I was out watching the Parkland-Austin game and I can see why Coach Frontz only schedules weak teams. The quarterback only looks one way toward #14 and #9. It seemed as though it was intentionally done. On one occasion #12 and #13 came back to the Qb when he was scrambling but yet he waited until #14 came all the way across the field on a slant. They really miss Deion out there

Austin and Burges are predicted to win THEIR district and they beat them both.... They beat Eastlake who has more enrollment in a scrimmage where eastlake kept starters in until the end... What you keep crying over lol

Common practice? How many head coaches have left for out of town jobs?? Perales is the only one that comes to mind and he was at DV for 10+ years. Know what you talk about.

What a stupid take. Parkland has had talent for years and ever did anything with it. Who are you to think you can step in with limited knowledge and win with them?

Orangebird
Question: Why are you saying Parkland has an easy schedule? They barely beat Burges and Austin......I doubt either school fears them come playoffs... If it were easy so far they’d be running over them

My take all of those teams are equally bad. The bottom line is there are a few elite teams and all the rest are about the same.

Parkland andress burges canutillo eastlake austin Bowie chapin. Would all get blown out by the two elite teams in el paso.

So yeah parkland 2 and 0 is different then franklin and americas 2 and 0

On another note

The entire big 5a district is ofer

My take all of those teams are equally bad. The bottom line is there are a few elite teams and all the rest are about the same.

Parkland andress burges canutillo eastlake austin Bowie chapin. Would all get blown out by the two elite teams in el paso.

So yeah parkland 2 and 0 is different then franklin and americas 2 and 0

On another note

The entire big 5a district is ofer
Your take says a 3A, 4A, 5A can’t have a good football team because they cannot compete with a 6A........we’ll just have to play out the season and see where we all end up

Well saying that if you claim your the beat around then be the best around.

Schedules are set right after realignment. Teams usually agree to play two years. Last realignment was in February of 2018. Schedules were booked then. You don’t really know how good teams will be by the 2nd year.

Perales was known to schedule tough teams. He agreed to play sal pointe and Hutto last year. The Hutto game was canceled. He’s played other tough out of town teams before. Plus he also scheduled some 6a teams like Americas and Coronado.

We arent talking about del Valle. We are talking about garbage teams like andress and parkland that want to be in the conversation as being the best team but then schedule socorro burges austin. Stop.

You're an idiot, Austin and Burges are in the same district so there's no way they're both picked to win it. Second, Andress is king of that district which is the worst district in Texas. But for Andress, Austin and Burges have been stat games at best over the last couple of years. I wouldn't look for that to change any time soon.

So obviously with them I'm referring to parkland playing them in non district

This is a parkland thread

We arent talking about del Valle. We are talking about garbage teams like andress and parkland that want to be in the conversation as being the best team but then schedule socorro burges austin. Stop.
Some guy said coaches schedule easy so they can win lots of games then leave. Perales is the last coach to leave. I won’t stop.

Name at least 2 before him that left a head coaching position to go out of town?

Edgar
Orangebird
Most all head coaches do that. Schedule easy teams for predistrict games. Win win win and then apply for jobs out of town and leave El Paso. It's a common practice by alot of head coaches.
I agree. That is usually most El Paso coaches mentality.

EPSports
Name at least 2 before him that left a head coaching position to go out of town?
Mike ferrel

David satcher

Jesse perales

John parchman

Josh Kirkland

Aaron price

Jeff Cleveland

Jim Carson

Should I keep going

Germ I dont understand your question?? Parkland doesnt play a tough team.

Everyone has their opinions. I remember some years ago I was always advocating for tough out of conference games and a few guys claimed it didn’t matter or prepare teams for the playoffs anyways. Besides, who do you think teams like Parkland should schedule? Franklin, Americas, Del Valle? Midland Lee, Frenship? Would those teams want to play Parkland? Like I mentioned before, schedules are set every two years. You really won’t know how good someone will be by the time each game is played. At least they aren’t playing San Eli, Cathedral, Clint or Fabens.

Orangebird
Germ I dont understand your question?? Parkland doesnt play a tough team.
it is not an easy schedule if they are not easily winning

Well then they should not be in consideration of being a local elite team

Well then they should not be in consideration of being a local elite team
Agree

Most of those coaches were fired or left before the boat began to sink. :upside_down_face:

EPSports
Mike ferrel

David satcher

Jesse perales

John parchman

Josh Kirkland

Aaron price

Jeff Cleveland

Jim Carson

Should I keep going
Most of those coaches were fired or left before the boat began to sink

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m