​​​​​​​
EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Franklin 49 Permian 28

Franklin pulled a major upset against mojo tonight. 49-28 putting up more points than #16 DeSoto did. This team is definitely a contender.

Re: Franklin 49 Permian 28

This team is legit this year. I hope they can go far this year

Good win for Franklin but I wouldn’t call it a major upset, Mojo has a down year. Either way good job Cougars

Despite the circumstances with the cities of Odessa and El Paso hurting because of the tragedies it was a good win for Franklin. Tragedies make teams play soft. Look at Plano. Eastwood went toe to toe against them. If it wasn't for a controversial call by the official when the score was 23-20 I say Eastwood would have gone on to win the game. Tragedies cause games to go weird.

OldTimer
Despite the circumstances with the cities of Odessa and El Paso hurting because of the tragedies it was a good win for Franklin. Tragedies make teams play soft. Look at Plano. Eastwood went toe to toe against them. If it wasn't for a controversial call by the official when the score was 23-20 I say Eastwood would have gone on to win the game. Tragedies cause games to go weird.
Are you delusional ? Tragedies don’t make Wired games. They create a reason for the team to win. They fight way harder then they would during a normal game.

Westsider
Franklin pulled a major upset against mojo tonight. 49-28 putting up more points than #16 DeSoto did. This team is definitely a contender.
Nice win for you Franklin fans. I have a friend that is a FHS grad that lives in Odessa and he told it was a safe bet that Franklin would have a better squad than Permian this season. Guess he was right.

Franklin is the 4th El Paso team to have beaten Permian

1960 Ysleta team beat Permian
2012 El Dorado team beat Permian
2012 Montwood team beat Permian and 2013 Montwood team also beat Permian
2019 Franklin team beat Permian

What I would like to say to that is this. There is a big difference from a non conference win to a playoff win.

Ysleta in 1960 beat Permian in the playoffs
El Dorado in 2012 beat Permian in the playoffs
Montwood in 2012 and in 2013 beat Permian in non conference games which don't count for scrap
Franklin this season beat Permian in a non conference game which don't count for scrap

In my opinion El Dorado and Ysleta wins against Permian in the playoffs were much bigger wins. Can't wait to see what Franklin really does in the playoffs.

Westsider
Don't get ahead of yourself. Slow your roll.

BillyBob
Franklin is the 4th El Paso team to have beaten Permian

1960 Ysleta team beat Permian
2012 El Dorado team beat Permian
2012 Montwood team beat Permian and 2013 Montwood team also beat Permian
2019 Franklin team beat Permian

What I would like to say to that is this. There is a big difference from a non conference win to a playoff win.

Ysleta in 1960 beat Permian in the playoffs
El Dorado in 2012 beat Permian in the playoffs
Montwood in 2012 and in 2013 beat Permian in non conference games which don't count for scrap
Franklin this season beat Permian in a non conference game which don't count for scrap

In my opinion El Dorado and Ysleta wins against Permian in the playoffs were much bigger wins. Can't wait to see what Franklin really does in the playoffs.
Someone always gotta steal someone's thunder instead of saying good job. Elpaso strong

IGWT

Our Panthers were off that day but congrats to El Paso franklin for taking advantage of that.

Yeah franklin only won because Permian was off. Smh

Congratulations on the win (not upset) Franklin.

Yeah franklin only won because Permian was off. Smh
Somebody always gotta steal a teams thunder.

It wont happen in the Playoffs.

PB
PB

Peanut Butter

PB
Hopefully you’ll come back to this statement during playoffs

From the looks of things Permian might not even be in the playoffs

All the 915 teams choke in the Playoffs. History repeats itself.

PB
I see the Cougars left a bad taste in your mouth, pun intended, 😂😂😂

PB
Kinda like the midessa teams choke vs. DFW. Smh

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m