​​​​​​​
EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Franklin is the REAL DEAL

Ok this franklin team is the best since Canutillo, absolutely non debatable. I cannot remember the last time an El Paso team WENT TO RATLIFF and roughed up Odessa Permian. I feel bad for any El Paso team that has to line up across from these boys INCLUDING America’s. Even my beloved T-Birds are going to gave a rough time, and those are the number 2,3 teams in El Paso according to EP Times. This team is equivalent to central Texas teams at this point. Welcome to the purple reign El Paso, it’s gonna be a rough year if you’re playing the cougars

Re: Franklin is the REAL DEAL

Didn’t see it coming. Even though they beat up a decent RR Cleveland team. Yeah, they’re from NM but they were in the title game last year. Won it all in 2015.

Two good wins, let’s see how they do against Midland.

EP Football Insider
Ok this franklin team is the best since Canutillo, absolutely non debatable. I cannot remember the last time an El Paso team WENT TO RATLIFF and roughed up Odessa Permian. I feel bad for any El Paso team that has to line up across from these boys INCLUDING America’s. Even my beloved T-Birds are going to gave a rough time, and those are the number 2,3 teams in El Paso according to EP Times. This team is equivalent to central Texas teams at this point. Welcome to the purple reign El Paso, it’s gonna be a rough year if you’re playing the cougars
Franklin is looking great early. Hopefully their studs remain healthy injury free through district and head into the playoffs strong.

Before anybody even has a thought of calling a team the real deal they need to ask themselves if the team has actually won 2 or atleast 1 playoff game. Non conference games are not real deal games.

Oh I’m sorry did your team beat Odessa Permian at their house last week? Give me a break. I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE none of their games are close this year during the regular season, district play for them will be a CAKE WALK

In El Paso - Yes. Come playoffs ummmmmmm Nah.

EastKing
We'll see. Franklin appears to be a very complete squad and if they can stay healthy and passing I believe that they will find themselves having the opportunity to have a go in the DFW gauntlet that tends to end playoff dreams for all west Texas teams (except Tascosa last year) now adays.

This is the best Franklin team I've seen since 2004 (Scott Grantham, Alex Torres, Blake Juarez-Downer, Clayton Byrd, Dajuan White).

I'm so excited for this team!

FCGriffins
EastKing
We'll see. Franklin appears to be a very complete squad and if they can stay healthy and passing I believe that they will find themselves having the opportunity to have a go in the DFW gauntlet that tends to end playoff dreams for all west Texas teams (except Tascosa last year) now adays.
Don't forget an RGV team (Brownsville Hanna) surprised Atascosa last year in Week 5, I am rooting for Franklin!

I thought that Walker guy couldn’t coach 🤷‍♂️ ??

Mundo
Look at the new assistant coaches Walker has around him. RTorrez and PGonzales who were previously head coaches themselves. Those two assistants of Walker's are having a big impact on the Franklin team.

Head coaches that never won. Give the kids credit not those guys.

Torres won back to back district titles at eldo and took a never won before ysletta to the playoffs twice.

Coach Gonzales was coach veliz long time coordinator

ATL
It's always the kids when they do well and then when they suck it's the coaches fault. 1 years ago people were looking to replace Walker

ATL
It's always the kids when they do well and then when they suck it's the coaches fault. 1 years ago people were looking to replace Walker
They wanted to replace Walker cause he was losing to teams he shouldn't have been losing to. Thankfully he got new assistant coaches RTorrez and PGonzales who really know the game and who really work on the kids and prepare them for battle.

Still Cant, it took two SISD former Coaches to turn the Franklin program around in order to able to beat the eastside teams. Facts!

EastKing

Still Cant, it took two SISD former Coaches to turn the Franklin program around in order to able to beat the eastside teams. Facts!
Interesting fact

Calm down great win against a 0-3 Permian team.

Still can’t coach ? East side what is your record as a head coach ? You obviously think you are educated and know football so well . What are your credentials ? Ever coach before ? Ever play before ? Probably just some knucklehead who thinks he knows more then someone who has had success his entire coaching career .You are just a wanna be that will never be anything except someone who trolls people doing a job that you would never be qualified for.

This is amazing walker has one of the highest win percentages around

Orangebird
Calm down great win against a 0-3 Permian team.

That permian team has lost to desoto, southlake carrol and franklin. I can say franklin is a threat in region 1. 90% of hs would be 0-3 vs those hs. Southlake carrol and desoto are both playing like their glory days

EastKing

Turnaround is a bit overstated isn't it?

This group of kids is a great group and they would win unless coaching derailed them.

Turnaround is imo something that is not dependent on a single group of players. It's about sustainability and winning year in and year out.

Maybe the new coaches can do it, but as of today it's more about this year's kids not so much the program.

ATL
That's what the Coaches say...

So how do you judge a coach if He is the first to blame losing on the kids? If He wins, it must be the players.

Well I believe a coach should be based on what he does with the talent he has. Each year is different some yo mes 5-5 can be an outstanding job because of a lack of talent and sometimes 9-1 can be a poor job because of a ton of talent.

FCGriffins
EastKing
Of course in playoffs dreams for El paso teams are shutdown, No team I mean No team on the in El paso can beat a super stack team from DFW, that's just facts.. One team in El paso may have one Div 1 player verses a DFW team with at least 9-11 D1 athletes on the there team, what you think would happen? Just let these kids from El Paso enjoy these moments, cause they are short lived...

Mundo
He can't, he has another head coach there by the name of Coach Torres, former head coach of ELDO.. lets see the absence of Coach Torres from ELDO, ELDO is 0-5 for the season, the adding of Coach Torres to a Franklin team, 5-0 in the season, simple math. With Coach Torres 2nd season there, they have managed to rack up District Championship, Bi-District Championship last year and looking to do even better this year...

TRUE ALPHA
Mundo
He can't, he has another head coach there by the name of Coach Torres, former head coach of ELDO.. lets see the absence of Coach Torres from ELDO, ELDO is 0-5 for the season, the adding of Coach Torres to a Franklin team, 5-0 in the season, simple math. With Coach Torres 2nd season there, they have managed to rack up District Championship, Bi-District Championship last year and looking to do even better this year...
So walker has never done that before torres?

TRUE ALPHA
FCGriffins
EastKing
We\'ll see. Franklin appears to be a very complete squad and if they can stay healthy and passing I believe that they will find themselves having the opportunity to have a go in the DFW gauntlet that tends to end playoff dreams for all west Texas teams (except Tascosa last year) now adays.
Of course in playoffs dreams for El paso teams are shutdown, No team I mean No team on the in El paso can beat a super stack team from DFW, that's just facts.. One team in El paso may have one Div 1 player verses a DFW team with at least 9-11 D1 athletes on the there team, what you think would happen? Just let these kids from El Paso enjoy these moments, cause they are short lived...
So what your saying is the team with the most d1 athletes win the most state titles

TRUE ALPHA
FCGriffins
EastKing
We\\\'ll see. Franklin appears to be a very complete squad and if they can stay healthy and passing I believe that they will find themselves having the opportunity to have a go in the DFW gauntlet that tends to end playoff dreams for all west Texas teams (except Tascosa last year) now adays.
Of course in playoffs dreams for El paso teams are shutdown, No team I mean No team on the in El paso can beat a super stack team from DFW, that\'s just facts.. One team in El paso may have one Div 1 player verses a DFW team with at least 9-11 D1 athletes on the there team, what you think would happen? Just let these kids from El Paso enjoy these moments, cause they are short lived...
So what your saying is the team with the most d1 athletes win the most state titles
Thats the dumbest thing ive read today lol. Y’all remember when highland park beat mangel about two years ago? Highland park had 3 d1 players. They beat a manvel team full off d1s. So no having more d1s doesnt mean youll win. I can give alot more examples too, last year tascosa had what? 3 d1 players? 2 of which were seniors and then they lost to an rgv school with maybe 1 d2 player but went on to beat a school like haltom full of d1 kids? Cmon now. Also the austin schools are examples too. Westlake and lake travis almost never have more than 3-4 d1 kids on their roster especially westlake but beat down alot of dfw and houston teams that have double or triple the talent

Rgv
TRUE ALPHA
FCGriffins
EastKing
We\\\\\\\'ll see. Franklin appears to be a very complete squad and if they can stay healthy and passing I believe that they will find themselves having the opportunity to have a go in the DFW gauntlet that tends to end playoff dreams for all west Texas teams (except Tascosa last year) now adays.
Of course in playoffs dreams for El paso teams are shutdown, No team I mean No team on the in El paso can beat a super stack team from DFW, that\\\'s just facts.. One team in El paso may have one Div 1 player verses a DFW team with at least 9-11 D1 athletes on the there team, what you think would happen? Just let these kids from El Paso enjoy these moments, cause they are short lived...
Thats the dumbest thing ive read today lol. Y’all remember when highland park beat mangel about two years ago? Highland park had 3 d1 players. They beat a manvel team full off d1s. So no having more d1s doesnt mean youll win. I can give alot more examples too, last year tascosa had what? 3 d1 players? 2 of which were seniors and then they lost to an rgv school with maybe 1 d2 player but went on to beat a school like haltom full of d1 kids? Cmon now. Also the austin schools are examples too. Westlake and lake travis almost never have more than 3-4 d1 kids on their roster especially westlake but beat down alot of dfw and houston teams that have double or triple the talent
Dont know if you meant to quote me or the person I was responding to because I think we are saying the same thing

I always say if a El Paso 6A team is able to beat atleast 1 out of town team in the playoffs then that is when one can say they are the real deal.

not saying Torres is a bad coach, but let's be real here. His absence is far from the only reason El Dorado is now struggling. They've been bleeding enrollment ever since Pebble Hills opened up. 3806 kids in the 2014 count. then 2978 (-22%) in the 2016 count. and 2013 (-32%) in the 2018 count. Not to mention Barfield graduating in '17.

???????? Franklin offensive line was non existent

Guess Franklin isn't the REAL DEAL. A little bit of humble pie tastes good sometimes. Maybe now there won't be so many threads of how this team was the 2nd coming :grimacing:

Dont come on. Ow running your mouth. Where you been the whole year. They are still real. Americas just is too.

Looks like a JV team gave big bad Franklin a scare tonight. Quoting a previous statement made lol

Cats32
Looks like a JV team gave big bad Franklin a scare tonight. Quoting a previous statement made lol
Idk canutillo and montwood score more points on coro then franklin did they should be scared of montwood

It’s a rivalry game... Anything can happen, Coronado came out and played hard.

Montwood
Cats32
Idk canutillo and montwood score more points on coro then franklin did they should be scared of montwood
One game at a time one game at a time

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m