​​​​​​​
EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Riverside Rangers Schedule

I am just amazed that the level of teams that Riverside has put on their schedule this year. Incredibly weak! They have fallen so far. To imagine that they barely beat San Eli. Coach Work has to be heartbroken to see the low level of competition that this new coaching regime has arranged. They must be desperate for any kind of success and the head coach is scheduling teams that 6A freshman teams could compete with.

I know Riverside enrollment has dropped, but their schedule is a joke.

Re: Riverside Rangers Schedule

They were only a few kids shy of having been in 4-A last yr. and this yr. Yes, you can have great teams at all levels and our local 4A and 3A in football seem to just get by. But today’s society has so many different avenues ( good and bad) for kids today that numbers and commitment to certain things are not what they use to be

It’s a sad thing the way Frontz left riverside. They used to be a playoff team every year and had good well coached teams until Frontz and now they are bottom feeders. And I’m almost certain the same will happen at Parkland, now that all the D-1 talent left you will see his true colors.

Are you kidding me according to twitter frontz is all the rage

The school doesn't have many kids plus I think there improving from the last coach (Pallanez).
I see big things in the future. Freshman are 2-0.

Who do you want them to play? They played Burges. And Burges beat Eastlake

Now 3 and 0
They just beat Andress

San Eli, Burges, Ft. Stockton, Jefferson, Cathedral. These teams are all a joke. Burges has a nice team this year but please the rest are absolutely ridiculous. Recorder is desperate for a win with this schedule. T Work wanted all the big boys. He begged for Franklin, Eastwood and any panhandle power team that would play them. This new staff would play a middle school if possible.

But you have to remember that varsity doesnt have a big team. Less than 30 kids.

They aren't fielding T. Work caliber teams with T. Work caliber numbers. Rebuilding to field a competitive team is gonna be a process. I doubt Riverside could step on the field with any 6A except maybe Socorro and not be pummeled.

Coach Recoder had nothing to do with this schedule. He inherited this schedule from the old staff, next year will be games that he schedules.

You're right. Recoder did inherit this schedule. Idk why this other person wants to go big with playing against Franklin. Let them rebuild!

It is sad what that coach is doing at Riverside. He was pulling an Aguilar (San Elizario) to fool everyone even Dave Campbell’s to get one of those Coaching Awards. Improve from no wins to six wins looks impressive. But then you look at their schedule and say oh.....You heard it here first the only way Riverside is coming back is if Tom himself comes back to football.

Some of you guys are delirious. One guy wants you to schedule the top teams when you can barely get by your current schedule. Your calling the current scheduled teams a joke, yet they are on your level. Wow. The other guy thinks Work is God and can win.

****! Give the coach a chance to work with what he has! The numbers and talent level and not what they use to be!

EPSports
Some of you guys are delirious. One guy wants you to schedule the top teams when you can barely get by your current schedule. Your calling the current scheduled teams a joke, yet they are on your level. Wow. The other guy thinks Work is God and can win.

****! Give the coach a chance to work with what he has! The numbers and talent level and not what they use to be!
The reason why a lot of people are delirious is because of all the self help books they read and all the motivational speakers they listen to. A lot of people take being positive too literally.

As an ex Riverside grad, it is heartbreaking to watch the desperation @riverside. Switch a Tight End to start at quarterback, mid season with no prior experience! Because the kid is tall? Have the Rangers lost their marbles? Where did the coach get this advice from his 8 year old kid? Crazy...everyone knew it was a disaster waiting to happen...and...it was a catastrophy!!
Desperation...now the old qb is back.

Come on keyboard coach. You should stop hiding from behind that keyboard. You should go to practice and tell coach recorder what you think, I bet you won’t! The coaches are doing a great job with what they have! Definitely an upgrade! My son and his friends love the new changes! Ranger Pride!

Been a Ranger fan for a long time. I've been with them when through the good and bad years. I really like the changes and coach Recorder has going on. People just need to support them. Good luck on the rest of the games
I'll be there cheering for my school

Ranger915
Now 3 and 0
They just beat Andress
Andress moved most of their good athletes to JV, who played earlier in the week so they were ineligible to play that Saturday. Also their starting running back moved to SA. Just some insight.

Am I the only one that is luke warm on Recoder and the performance so far? I understand he is new, but that victory against cathedral was "eh" at best. Offense was really only getting chunk plays on trick plays and had to kick field goals on multiple occasions in the red zone! This game should have easily been 60 something to zero. Cathedral's offense couldn't get out of their own way. Why didn't we crush them like we should've? Hell our last touchdown was in the waning moments of the game. As far as I'm concerned, we only won 27-3...against cathedral. We should be asserting true dominance against these types of teams.

Ranger Pride! What a cute comment...keyboard? lol...Listen, it takes a leader that shares the load, leadership makes others better. Allowing his assistants to make their decisions and trust their judgement makes for a great leader. But you obviously have never played football because of your cute comments. Sometimes the truth hurts, but acknowledging it is the first step to repair and clarity...And about telling Coach Recoder what I think, he is a chubby lineman! He doesnt know what he is really doing, just trying to speak a good story to see if people will bite. Actions speak louder than the words...We need action and discipline at Riverside.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m