​​​​​​​
EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Officiating in el paso

Just my take as a loyal high school football fan. I've been to games all over the state, hands down the worst officiating is in el paso. These guys call everything and even what doesn't exist. You can see them pulling for their flag before the play is even over. They have legalized holding and don't mention pass interference. That's why these guys only get playoff games in el paso. You never see them doing 3rd,4th and 5th round games. Sad for el paso. Especially players.

Re: Officiating in el paso

I guess you've never been to a game in Midland.

I have been to numerous games in both Midland and Odessa, and the officiating at least let the kids play. They called the obvious. Not 8 pass interferences in a game . Like I saw at bel air 2 weeks ago.

As an ex football official, I called ball for 18 years. I have one thing to say, if you or anybody out there can do better, than become an official. Believe me it looks a lot different on the field than from the stands. Do judge these guys out there.

As an ex football official, I called ball for 18 years. I have one thing to say, if you or anybody out there can do better, than become an official. Believe me it looks a lot different on the field than from the stands. Don't judge these guys out there.

This is dumb. Officials are. Ever considered good. As a fan you will never see a game as arbitrary. All you see is calls missed for your team. You dont see the calls missed that worked in your favor. I know there is an officials shortage become one if you can do better

I have to agree.. having lived in Arizona and seen many high school games across the state of Texas officiating in El Paso is by far the worst and not just in football but across the board.. hell half these officials can barely get up and down the field or court..

I officiated for a couple of years and yes it is different on the field. But to some degree it is not as good as it can be. I do see a lot of obvious penalties not being called, and a lot of penalties being called on competitive plays, in other words they are not letting the kids play. For the most part it is not bad, but the obvious penalties should not be missed.

EPFB Fan
I officiated for a couple of years and yes it is different on the field. But to some degree it is not as good as it can be. I do see a lot of obvious penalties not being called, and a lot of penalties being called on competitive plays, in other words they are not letting the kids play. For the most part it is not bad, but the obvious penalties should not be missed.
I have been to several games and I have to say that the officiating is just flat out horrible. The ex official who
is on this thread who said if you can do "better" is not really a valid argument for these guys get paid pretty good for a friday
night game and that is what they only care about. The good ole boy network takes care of certain people and there are no consequences
because they have a monopoly on the area. I have no skin in the game I just go with a few friends to watch high school football. Officials around here think they are the show, running up to the press box to make sure their names are announced. They are no the show but they want to be noticed..I have seen them make a 2 hour game last a lifetime. It is not their game it is the kids game so quit trying to be the most important part of it

I agree 100 percent

Don’t know how accurate this is but I’ve had a couple of people tell me that they’ve been to games where at times the officials didn’t know what penalties warranted 5 yards or 10 yards. I know officiating isn’t easy but there’s no excuse if that’s true.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m