​​​​​​​
EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Coronado

That was a physical beating Coronado took at the hands of canutillo.

Re: Coronado

Horribly disappointing. We had so much optimism after going 7-3 regular season last year. Extremely disappointed with how this season is turning out. We even got burns and cox back and we cannot produce. Anderson is totally getting exposed. He had all sorts of talent last year, now that it’s gone he’s back to his old ways. No Jose Luis Herrera, no Seabrook, slaughter or Barrett, and absolutely no leaders on defense besides burns and cox. This truthfully is a JV team besides cox, burns carney and Samaniego. Absolutely embarrassing how we turned out. We need to drop to a lower level because we just cannot keep losing like this. We’re a 6A program with less than 40 kids on the roster. I have no hope for the future at this point, and truly believe last years Coronado team will be the best we see for a long time. How I long for those days and they’re only less than a year ago. Absolutely horrible job. I pray to god somehow we turn it around in district. But I don’t even think the good lord himself could fix this team. I say we beat soccoro, but I don’t see us getting any other wins besides that. I don’t even want to think about the westside bowl, it’ll probably be 100-0 at halftime. Let’s hope the program has a total facelift this offseason with a drop to 5A, maybe even 4A, and a new coaching staff. When Anderson doesn’t have talent, he absolutely cannot lead a program. He’s a robot with no emotions. Kids don’t care how much you know until you know how much you care. The kids know exactly how much Anderson cares, and the play on the field represents that. Lord have mercy on my T-Birds during district play

Not sure how tough these Tbirds will be, but I know they’re making them tougher than they were in ‘68. Holy!.....talk about embarrassing!

I don’t think it’s appropriate for ‘68 to speak for ‘the kids’. - weak rhetoric- speak for yourself.

I’m just a person who lives near the school. Go Tbirds!- Keep working. I’ll be cheering for you!

Go Tbirds 2019
Not sure how tough these Tbirds will be, but I know they’re making them tougher than they were in ‘68. Holy!.....talk about embarrassing!

I don’t think it’s appropriate for ‘68 to speak for ‘the kids’. - weak rhetoric- speak for yourself.

I’m just a person who lives near the school. Go Tbirds!- Keep working. I’ll be cheering for you!

Bud you know nothing about me 😂 and obviously you know nothing about the program, do research next time you try to call me out 👍🏻

Go_tbirds1968
Go Tbirds 2019

Bud you know nothing about me 😂 and obviously you know nothing about the program, do research next time you try to call me out 👍🏻
My apologies sir! My initial research concluded that you’re scared, bitter, and have given up on the season. Sorry, all I had to go off of was that silly post that you wrote.

I don’t know everything about high school football, but I know how to spot a 😿.

Go Tbirds!

Don’t ever be scared! Never give up! You can win a DC!

We’re cheering for you!

Have you even been to a game this year? what is this non competitive non sense you are talking about, I bet you got plenty of participation trophies growing up. If you’ve seen them play you will know that these kids are being underserved by the coaching staff and their school, and should not be competing in 6A with less than 40 kids. Don’t come on here with delusional nonsense of “you can do it” if they have not been able to when they did last year.

6A is based on enrollment buddy.

I Totally understand Where you're coming from,the Coaches have Zero Connection with there players and poor coaching skills. Because of that these coaches don't realize the potential these young men have and can show on the field, the lack of not believing in them shows. All the talent is going to Franklin and Canutillo now. How can anyone stay LOYAL to CHS. Coronado will continue being a 6A do to enrollment.

915 sun city
I Totally understand Where you're coming from,the Coaches have Zero Connection with there players and poor coaching skills. Because of that these coaches don't realize the potential these young men have and can show on the field, the lack of not believing in them shows. All the talent is going to Franklin and Canutillo now. How can anyone stay LOYAL to CHS. Coronado will continue being a 6A do to enrollment.
Finally, someone who uses common sense! And I realize we will never drop because of enrollment, but when there are less than 40 kids on the team, it’s nearly impossible to win in 6A

Go_tbirds1968
915 sun city
I Totally understand Where you\'re coming from,the Coaches have Zero Connection with there players and poor coaching skills. Because of that these coaches don\'t realize the potential these young men have and can show on the field, the lack of not believing in them shows. All the talent is going to Franklin and Canutillo now. How can anyone stay LOYAL to CHS. Coronado will continue being a 6A do to enrollment.
Finally, someone who uses common sense! And I realize we will never drop because of enrollment, but when there are less than 40 kids on the team, it’s nearly impossible to win in 6A
Very Impossible!! Sad but true... so if you'll have kids With some kind of talent/potential in enroll them elsewhere.
Be Realistic as well.

T-Birds, you still have a good chance to get two wins. Socorro and Montwood.

EastKing
Bahahaha bro put that crack pipe down. Your outta your mind if you think they have a chance against MW. I’ll give Socorro that, they always play MW balls out, but no they won’t win.

Cats32
EastKing
Bahahaha bro put that crack pipe down. Your outta your mind if you think they have a chance against MW. I’ll give Socorro that, they always play MW balls out, but no they won’t win.
Lol crack pipe. It's like the village idiot that predicted Eastwood by 21. Socorro has no chance to even beat Coronado. I remember not so long ago when Eastwood was one place above Socorro for years and they've turned their program around. Hopefully soon Socorro can do the same

I think it would be impossible for them to win in 6A

Anderson hasn't changed. The players have changed. Maybe they just aren't real good.

Because There's not enough kids enrolling in football at CHS...

He has 2 D-1 kids on his team.Ok there the coaches kids but Cox has other offers so one D-1 player.

Burns is definitely a D1 player are you crazy!?!?

Anderson hasn't changed. The players have changed. Maybe they just aren't real good.
Maybe that's true.

Question; is not having great players an excuse for poor coaching? Is that OK with you personally?

Anderson has told the players that He only cares about winning 2 games. 2 games qualifies the team for the playoffs and apparently saves his job. Don't think hes in any jeopardy of being fired but that's the pitch. Is that pathetically low standard acceptable to the boosters, players, parents and alum?

I don't know how it could be, considering the time, work, dedication and trust the players and their families are expected to give the team. There should be at least a matching effort by the coach. If for no other reason than its the right thing to do.

If He won't,then common decency dictates He step down.

Let's put the kids first, last and only. Is this coach the best person for the kids? If no, why is He in that position.

Is there any pride left at Coronado? I'm sure there is, so when's enough enough?

Again 2 games might be a high bar for him with this group. (It really is because they arent good). Example. 2 seasons ago franklin and americas both missed the playoffs and. Ow they are sitting 1 and 2. Last year eastwood was the hottest team around and now they are a cellar dweller. The coaches haven't changed the kids being able to execute coaches wishes has.

Not sure you know what a D1 player is.A D1 player would stand out in a loss .Sorry I have been to 2 games and wasnt the least bit impressed.Why has he not recieved any other offers???? Even d 2 schools.Ummm who's crazy?

It's so sad in what direction El Paso football is going.Why do put up with half ass coaching.Would your employer put up with us preforming this way.Wake up people !!! Set the bar higher for our kids sake.People have forgotten what highschool football is to some kids.

The two games rule really just means “listen, I know we’re bad, but all we have to do to get to the playoffs is win two games, due to there being only six teams and 4 playoff spots.” So in reality, all they have to do to get to the playoffs is of course beat soccorro, and that will definitely happen, and then you aren’t beating America’s or Franklin, so that leaves you with the montwood game, that is going to be the T-birds Super Bowl this year, because there’s no way they beat America’s or franklin. Not sure if montwood is any good or not, but they nearly beat us last year and that’s the game we lost Carney. But at the end of the day we win two games just to go get smacked by Permian at their house lol.

Go_tbirds1968
The two games rule really just means “listen, I know we’re bad, but all we have to do to get to the playoffs is win two games, due to there being only six teams and 4 playoff spots.” So in reality, all they have to do to get to the playoffs is of course beat soccorro, and that will definitely happen, and then you aren’t beating America’s or Franklin, so that leaves you with the montwood game, that is going to be the T-birds Super Bowl this year, because there’s no way they beat America’s or franklin. Not sure if montwood is any good or not, but they nearly beat us last year and that’s the game we lost Carney. But at the end of the day we win two games just to go get smacked by Permian at their house lol.
They won’t beat Montwood either.... sorry

TBIRD'S won three district game's to make it to the playoffs last year, without Carney. This year they have Carney and will only one District game against Socorro. Montwood is a stronger team then Coronado this year. Last year Coronado lost because once again Coaches didn't realize The potential a lot of the other players had to offer,#12 came in and moved the ball to CHS 10 yard line, not knowing Dominic could have push that ball to win the game. The Franklin game they lost as a team, because they had Receivers dropping balls, Defend missing blocks, Quarterback throwing interceptions,and one of the best kickers in the city missing field goals and of course the Play calling from the Coaches. LOL!! and beating MOJO is Impossible,so Kudos to Franklin for beating them this year.

Montwood last year was a fluke game, so was andress, the only games we truly lost where the other team was absolutely better was Franklin (and of course mojo in the playoffs)

Go_tbirds1968
Montwood last year was a fluke game, so was andress, the only games we truly lost where the other team was absolutely better was Franklin (and of course mojo in the playoffs)
Stop trying to scapegoat Anderson the kids are aweful. That's it that's the post. It's ok school's have to revhild. It happens

Go_tbirds1968
Stop trying to scapegoat Anderson the kids are aweful. That's it that's the post. It's ok school's have to revhild. It happens
Yes! Rebuild with 25 kids that enroll in the football program... LOL!!!

BS
Go_tbirds1968
Stop trying to scapegoat Anderson the kids are aweful. That\'s it that\'s the post. It\'s ok school\'s have to revhild. It happens
So now it's the coaches fault that the kids dont come out. Look it happens they just arent very good this year. The constant questioning of Anderson isn't helping. So how about just support

BS
BS
Go_tbirds1968
Stop trying to scapegoat Anderson the kids are aweful. That\\\\\\\'s it that\\\\\\\'s the post. It\\\\\\\'s ok school\\\\\\\'s have to revhild. It happens
So now it\'s the coaches fault that the kids dont come out. Look it happens they just arent very good this year. The constant questioning of Anderson isn\'t helping. So how about just support
Support!!!?!? We did for four years, it was the same crap!! With sucky players and good players. If your kid plays or played for the team you would know why and understand why the comments are made about the Coaches and there play calling...
Perfect example 2018 when Coronado vs Montwood played at the SAC, Montwood was undefeated. Coronado was up 21/0 going into halftime. Montwood came back to beat Coronado. why? because montwood came out with a different game plan, and Coronado never scored again and never changed their play calling. So who's to blame?! The player's or Coaches that call the plays.

Isn't that the game where the qb broke his collar bone. Hmmmmmmm maybe that had something to do with the comeback

We were definitely not up 21-0, it was tied at half, and yes carney broke his collarbone that game

So. Basically that obvious parent rant is ridiculous

Isn't that the game where the qb broke his collar bone. Hmmmmmmm maybe that had something to do with the comeback
No!!! Lol!! My bad it was class of 2017/2018. I guess you dont know nothing about the CHS history... 2018/2019 last year when Carney went down with clavicle injury.. you have know idea what's it's like to have amazing talent and loss to play calling. Running plays even the fans can read before it's played out...I can go on and on, but you won't get it, because you dont know...

BS
Isn\'t that the game where the qb broke his collar bone. Hmmmmmmm maybe that had something to do with the comeback
No!!! Lol!! My bad it was class of 2017/2018. I guess you dont know nothing about the CHS history... 2018/2019 last year when Carney went down with clavicle injury.. you have know idea what's it's like to have amazing talent and loss to play calling. Running plays even the fans can read before it's played out...I can go on and on, but you won't get it, because you dont know...
Parents didn't rant.. they stayed LOYAL to the team until the end, from booster to feeding the Coaches Saturday meals.. our players stayed LOYAL to the brothers/friends they had on the team..

BS
Isn\'t that the game where the qb broke his collar bone. Hmmmmmmm maybe that had something to do with the comeback
Dude this is hilarious.

BS
Isn\\\'t that the game where the qb broke his collar bone. Hmmmmmmm maybe that had something to do with the comeback
No!!! Lol!! My bad it was class of 2017/2018. I guess you dont know nothing about the CHS history... 2018/2019 last year when Carney went down with clavicle injury.. you have know idea what\'s it\'s like to have amazing talent and loss to play calling. Running plays even the fans can read before it\'s played out...I can go on and on, but you won\'t get it, because you dont know...
Yea your correct 2017. That was an amazing 2nd half!

BS
Isn\\\'t that the game where the qb broke his collar bone. Hmmmmmmm maybe that had something to do with the comeback
No!!! Lol!! My bad it was class of 2017/2018. I guess you dont know nothing about the CHS history... 2018/2019 last year when Carney went down with clavicle injury.. you have know idea what\'s it\'s like to have amazing talent and loss to play calling. Running plays even the fans can read before it\'s played out...I can go on and on, but you won\'t get it, because you dont know...
Dude this is hilarious.
It is hilarious when your in denial... LOL. I think at this point, your post are Irrelevant..

Cats32
BS
Isn\\\\\\\'t that the game where the qb broke his collar bone. Hmmmmmmm maybe that had something to do with the comeback
No!!! Lol!! My bad it was class of 2017/2018. I guess you dont know nothing about the CHS history... 2018/2019 last year when Carney went down with clavicle injury.. you have know idea what\\\'s it\\\'s like to have amazing talent and loss to play calling. Running plays even the fans can read before it\\\'s played out...I can go on and on, but you won\\\'t get it, because you dont know...
Yea your correct 2017. That was an amazing 2nd half!
You remember!! Kudos to Montwood coaching. Because they came out with a whole new game plan to win the game.

Bump

Not eliminated yet correct?

Still breathing a small gasp of air. Gotta beat Pebble Hills next week in any scenario, you also gotta root for Franklin Saturday morning.

Go_tbirds1968
Not eliminated yet correct?
Doesn't look like it ph and coronado will play for last spot.

I sure hope those boys can eek out a win, would mean a whole lot to them

Go_tbirds1968
I sure hope those boys can eek out a win, would mean a whole lot to them
Coronado should pull out the win next week against Pebble Hills. After seeing PH, the coaching not that bueno. Very predictable offense with small D-Line. Running game will wear them down.

I wouldn’t count pebble hills out just yet!! Gotta keep in mind that they had a tough 3 game stretch.. Should be a good game battling it out for that 4th and final spot.. good luck to the both of them!!

I think Pebble Hills will be on the winning side of this. They seem to play with a bit more pride and effort than CHS. The CHS players are ready to get out of this season. They play with that type of demeanor.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m