​​​​​​​
EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Socorro Season

Whats going on with Socorro? I honestly thought this was there where going to turn it around. If they would of kept their head coach I’m sure they it would of been a difference. They didn’t lose as bad as they did this year against 5A. Any thoughts?

Re: Socorro Season

Socorro will continue to be soccorro, plain and simple

Let's face it, for the past 20+ years, SHS has been known for struggling in football. Now Baseball and Soccer are a different story but if you want to play meaningful football for an established program but live in the SHS area, you might as well transfer to Del Valle or Eastlake. :100:

Hope for Soco this year. You actually have a good chance in getting two wins this year. Coronado and Montwood, two teams that are having issues.

Eastlake Dad
Whats going on with Socorro? I honestly thought this was there where going to turn it around. If they would of kept their head coach I’m sure they it would of been a difference. They didn’t lose as bad as they did this year against 5A. Any thoughts?
It takes time. This coach is in year 1.

Eastlake Dad
I know Socorro parents/fans don’t want to hear it but you have to let this coach try to build the program which would probably take a few years. They’re gonna need a very strong coaching staff because their talent doesn’t necessarily stack up very well against anyone in 6A.

EastKing
Hope for Soco this year. You actually have a good chance in getting two wins this year. Coronado and Montwood, two teams that are having issues.
Dude, really? Come on. Soco couldn't even beat any 5A teams and you really think they'll stand a chance against Montwood and Coronado? 😂

RasslinRams
EastKing
Dude, really? Come on. Soco couldn't even beat any 5A teams and you really think they'll stand a chance against Montwood and Coronado? 😂
On god soccorro will win no games this year, I mean my t-birds are bad this year, but they sure aren’t soccorro bad 😂 give me a break

We were competitive under Gram, at least we were in games at the 6A until the 3rd/4th quarter and we were close to beating the 5A's. Somebody in the district doesn't want Soco to be successful. NO SUPPORT!!! TOO MANY TIES TO THE TOP

MADDOG 96
We were competitive under Gram, at least we were in games at the 6A until the 3rd/4th quarter and we were close to beating the 5A's. Somebody in the district doesn't want Soco to be successful. NO SUPPORT!!! TOO MANY TIES TO THE TOP
Haha blame it on others instead of yourself, that’s what people who lose games say

Not a .500 season since 2008.??????? A new coach every three years who else is to blame?????? Who does the hiring and firing?????

MADDOG 96
Not a .500 season since 2008.??????? A new coach every three years who else is to blame?????? Who does the hiring and firing?????
Although the coaching hasn't been stellar it isn't the coaching alone. Yes the coaching is bad but the athletes and the community is worse. No reputable coach would take this job period. So they will continue to be the worst team in the state. 0-10 again.

MADDOG 96
Although the coaching hasn't been stellar it isn't the coaching alone. Yes the coaching is bad but the athletes and the community is worse. No reputable coach would take this job period. So they will continue to be the worst team in the state. 0-10 again.
Yeah it’s definitely one of the least attractive jobs in the city considering what they’re up against.

Can we bring back polo Gonzalez. He is the last coach to get a win. Even Graham was improving, they were scoring a bunch. What is happening here. Was at the sun bowl, can someone elaborate about last night.

Can we bring back polo Gonzalez. He is the last coach to get a win. Even Graham was improving, they were scoring a bunch. What is happening here. Was at the sun bowl, can someone elaborate about last night.
Yeah everyone thought Gonzalez was the problem and they brought in a coach that went 0-30. And cmon rebuild a program? They lost to Horizon who lost to a 1st year coach at Riverside. So yeah people are complaining because they can’t even beat the weaker 5a teams. No excuses for that.

Quick question. Was Graham fired or did he leave?

Who knows it honestly wouldn't surprise me either way.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m