​​​​​​​
EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3
Author
Comment
Class of 2021

Aaron Dumas currently has five D1 offers and will probably get five others before this season is over.

SMU Mustangs
https://twitter.com/AaronDumas22/status/1123435515657646080

Illinois State Redbirds
https://twitter.com/AaronDumas22/status/1162187979164725248

North Texas Mean Green
https://twitter.com/AaronDumas22/status/1174764342547378176

New Mexico Lobos
https://twitter.com/AaronDumas22/status/1175607495219240960

Houston Cougars
https://twitter.com/AaronDumas22/status/1179410932017049600

Re: Class of 2021

Is he the best to ever play in el paso?

NO!

Well speak on it. Haven't gotten to see him play but his numbers seem to be high.

DaRock
Aaron Dumas currently has five D1 offers and will probably get five others before this season is over.

SMU Mustangs

Illinois State Redbirds

North Texas Mean Green

New Mexico Lobos

Houston Cougars
Going around that the Texas Longhorns are on the verge of offering Aaron Dumas

Eastsider
DaRock

SMU Mustangs

Illinois State Redbirds

North Texas Mean Green

New Mexico Lobos

Houston Cougars
Going around that the Texas Longhorns are on the verge of offering Aaron Dumas
Well after seeing a post on Twitter of him being on a visit most official visits player has lanyard and is probably posted or shared by the university itself. Now he may have been a fan that happened to be a D1 prospect like many that went to go see the Red River Shootout.

He is a tremendous player but both Field's boys were better RB's. So he's not even the best from his school. Again he is a tremendous student athlete and still has another year to stake his claim in El Paso and Texas football lore.

Agree. I think maybe the Americas offensive line should get some credit for Dumas' success. He's not doing this on his own.

Heard an interview with Patrick Melton, think it was on TownTalk or something saying Dumas is already way better than the Field's brothers Melton would know. Dumas is more elusive, his vision is better, he has a plethora of moves that he is already developed, he is the best running back to come out of El Paso and he still has a year left. Josh seemed like a straight line runner, and I really didn't see Jack play, but Dumas is already in a league of his own when it comes to the best to every play in El Paso.

Man just stop... there have been many better than him to come out of El Paso. Stop drinking the Kool aid.

These sorts of topics are hilarious to me. It's like the jordan lebron arguments. There's no way to ever know who was the best. You can, however tell, that some people take this personal.

Eyes_From_The_Box
Heard an interview with Patrick Melton, think it was on TownTalk or something saying Dumas is already way better than the Field's brothers Melton would know. Dumas is more elusive, his vision is better, he has a plethora of moves that he is already developed, he is the best running back to come out of El Paso and he still has a year left. Josh seemed like a straight line runner, and I really didn't see Jack play, but Dumas is already in a league of his own when it comes to the best to every play in El Paso.

Melton would know
he is the best running back to come out of El Paso

Those comments are dam hilarious. Don't get me wrong Dumas is a great running back but Melton's comments or rather I say his opinions are not concrete and Dumas is not even close to being the best running back to come out of El Paso.

Quaker 86
He is a tremendous player but both Field's boys were better RB's. So he's not even the best from his school. Again he is a tremendous student athlete and still has another year to stake his claim in El Paso and Texas football lore.
I think he’s better than both. Just simply with the eye test, I think he’s definitely better than Josh was in High School. I think it’s definitely close between Jack and Aaron and I wouldn’t argue with anyone vouching for either player. As for the opening question, Dumas is probably the best skill position player I’ve seen here in EP but truthfully I’m in my 20’s so there’s a lot of players I didn’t really get to see.

Qbert
Eyes_From_The_Box

Melton would know

Those comments are dam hilarious. Don't get me wrong Dumas is a great running back but Melton's comments or rather I say his opinions are not concrete and Dumas is not even close to being the best running back to come out of El Paso.
Where could we find that interview. I would like to hear what he said.

Qbert
Eyes_From_The_Box
Heard an interview with Patrick Melton, think it was on TownTalk or something saying Dumas is already way better than the Field\'s brothers Melton would know. Dumas is more elusive, his vision is better, he has a plethora of moves that he is already developed, he is the best running back to come out of El Paso and he still has a year left. Josh seemed like a straight line runner, and I really didn\'t see Jack play, but Dumas is already in a league of his own when it comes to the best to every play in El Paso.

Melton would know

Those comments are dam hilarious. Don\'t get me wrong Dumas is a great running back but Melton\'s comments or rather I say his opinions are not concrete and Dumas is not even close to being the best running back to come out of El Paso.
Where could we find that interview. I would like to hear what he said.
Just found the town talk interview. It was from september 18th

At the 14:01 mark they started talking about it.

Melton said he is as good as anyone he has coached.

WTX
Quaker 86
He is a tremendous player but both Field\'s boys were better RB\'s. So he\'s not even the best from his school. Again he is a tremendous student athlete and still has another year to stake his claim in El Paso and Texas football lore.
I think he’s better than both. Just simply with the eye test, I think he’s definitely better than Josh was in High School. I think it’s definitely close between Jack and Aaron and I wouldn’t argue with anyone vouching for either player. As for the opening question, Dumas is probably the best skill position player I’ve seen here in EP but truthfully I’m in my 20’s so there’s a lot of players I didn’t really get to see.
/////// truthfully I’m in my 20’s so there’s a lot of players I didn’t really get to see ///////

Finally someone who put some thought into his commented opinion.

Dumas is good but not great like Tim Rocha. If Tim had maybe a last name like Fields, Dumas, Hankins, or Jones he would have received atleast 4 to 5 Division 1 offers. Just saying

Anyway. We know Dumas is the top player of this class but who are some other players from the class of 2021 to look out for?

Eastsider
Dumas is good but not great like Tim Rocha. If Tim had maybe a last name like Fields, Dumas, Hankins, or Jones he would have received atleast 4 to 5 Division 1 offers. Just saying

Why do you say this. The difference In Rocha dumas fields hankins isn't just their last name. Its height weight and speed as well. What were his numbers compared to these other guys

Eastsider

This kid was amazing to watch. To this day I think he was one of the best RB to come out of El Paso. The other kid was Vince Garcia from Franklin I believe (the Tasmanian devil).

Tims junior and senior year, 3695 yards rushing and 600 yards receiving. 37 tds

What was dumas output last year wasn't it like 2300 and isn't he at 1600 already with 4 games left as a junior. Where did rocha play in college.

The more I think about this the dumber it is. Rocha garcia and them arent even top 10 in el paso.

A list which includes

Aaron jones
Ed stansbury
Jack fields
Josh fields
Aaron dumas
Deion hankins

Let's be real.

What was dumas output last year wasn't it like 2300 and isn't he at 1600 already with 4 games left as a junior. Where did rocha play in college.
Dumas output? Be real dude. Look at how many carries he gets. That team is not called the Americas trailblazers they are called the Americas Dumas because that is all they have. In order for Americas to be in a game against any team they have to give Dumas the ball 1 million times a game.

Again I'm starting to feel you have a personal problem with either the school or the kid. Which is it. Yall complain about me not picking a team. Honestly I pick guys and follow them because I like good football, and he's a good player. Whats your personal issue. He's averaging 9 yards a carry can't do that by yourself

Look you tool, you asked for his numbers. I didn’t say he was better than Dumas.

Look you tool, you asked for his numbers. I didn’t say he was better than Dumas.
Sorry that was for the other poster dang what's with the name calling

The more I think about this the dumber it is. Rocha garcia and them arent even top 10 in el paso.

A list which includes

Aaron jones
Ed stansbury
Jack fields
Josh fields
Aaron dumas
Deion hankins

Let's be real.
Ed played QB.

But you can go back to Ray Mickens, Toraino Singleton, Andre Sessions, Paul Smith, as some of the best RB out of El Paso. Aaron Dumus is certainly on the list but El Paso has had major talent at that position in its history

Eddie Briton and Domingo Torres (I think that was his name) from Montwood were pretty awesome backs too.

FCGriffins
Eddie Briton and Domingo Torres (I think that was his name) from Montwood were pretty awesome backs too.
Don't forget Steven Lee or Torino Singleton........

FCGriffins
Domingo Torres was better than Dumas. Even considering what Domingo was up against and hardly half the carries a game that he got than Dumas currently gets.

A list which includes

Aaron jones
Ed stansbury
Jack fields
Josh fields
Aaron dumas
Deion hankins

Let's be real.
This list is fake like a lot of people nowadays. Over the last 50 years there have been way better backs than these guys

Aaron jones
Ed stansbury
Jack fields
Josh fields
Aaron dumas
Deion hankins

Show me the numbers. I have listed the ones I know but hey show me the numbers there are 4 guys on there that were 1st team all state and 2 NFL players. If there are folks missing then I apologize but when talking about the list of the best these guys are on it. again show me the numbers

OldTimer

A list which includes

Aaron jones
Ed stansbury
Jack fields
Josh fields
Aaron dumas
Deion hankins

Let\'s be real.
This list is fake like a lot of people nowadays. Over the last 50 years there have been way better backs than these guys

Aaron jones
Ed stansbury
Jack fields
Josh fields
Aaron dumas
Deion hankins
Sorry but Aaron Jones is in a class of his own. Stansbury really did not have a NFL career. Jack and Josh really did not do much in college. Aaron dumas has not proven anything he is still in high school.

Rudy
OldTimer

A list which includes

Aaron jones
Ed stansbury
Jack fields
Josh fields
Aaron dumas
Deion hankins

Let\\\'s be real.

Aaron jones
Ed stansbury
Jack fields
Josh fields
Aaron dumas
Deion hankins
Sorry but Aaron Jones is in a class of his own. Stansbury really did not have a NFL career. Jack and Josh really did not do much in college. Aaron dumas has not proven anything he is still in high school.
LOL so who should be on this list. If these aren't the guys. Did you just say a guy that played at UCLA and the NFL really didn't have a career. I am flabbergasted. Tbh what did Aaron Jones do in High school. We are talking about a list of the best RBs to come through el paso. If this list isn't accurate, lets put the real list up, but put the numbers there to prove it.

It wouldn't matter what lists I or anyone post. You and others will find fault in everyone's lists. I can tell you this though I have followed El Paso hs football for 25 to 30 years and I can tell you there have been running backs that rushed for 400 yards in a single game. Some even close to 500 yards in a single game. I'm not going to tell you their names. Do your own dam research. I have no time to be schooling people. Besides even if I schooled you like I said you and other know it all dummies will find fault in those running backs with questions like what did they do in college. Did they play in the NFL. So I won't even bother or entertain your nonsense.

Rudy
It wouldn't matter what lists I or anyone post. You and others will find fault in everyone's lists. I can tell you this though I have followed El Paso hs football for 25 to 30 years and I can tell you there have been running backs that rushed for 400 yards in a single game. Some even close to 500 yards in a single game. I'm not going to tell you their names. Do your own dam research. I have no time to be schooling people. Besides even if I schooled you like I said you and other know it all dummies will find fault in those running backs with questions like what did they do in college. Did they play in the NFL. So I won't even bother or entertain your nonsense.
So I literally posted these are the ones I know of. The point of the forum is to debate and talk. If you dont want to that's fine. I dont find fault simply ask for the numbers and you literally said stansbury wasn't any good (even though he played in the nfl) smh you are hilarious old angry man

I remember most of the names that everyone is talking about. They were all great players. Dumas is a great talent but know one will ever know how he stacks up against the other running backs over the years. Too many variables to consider.....defenses, offensive lines, coaching, field conditions (grass vs. turf) etc.... now beyond high school I think A. Jones is the standard for running backs from El Paso. Jones has lit it up at every level he has played at.........who else has been a major success out of high school to college to the pros?

Rudy
It wouldn\'t matter what lists I or anyone post. You and others will find fault in everyone\'s lists. I can tell you this though I have followed El Paso hs football for 25 to 30 years and I can tell you there have been running backs that rushed for 400 yards in a single game. Some even close to 500 yards in a single game. I\'m not going to tell you their names. Do your own dam research. I have no time to be schooling people. Besides even if I schooled you like I said you and other know it all dummies will find fault in those running backs with questions like what did they do in college. Did they play in the NFL. So I won\'t even bother or entertain your nonsense.
So I literally posted these are the ones I know of. The point of the forum is to debate and talk. If you dont want to that's fine. I dont find fault simply ask for the numbers and you literally said stansbury wasn't any good (even though he played in the nfl) smh you are hilarious old angry man
I did not say Stansbury wasnt any good. Simply meant that he really did not do anything in the NFL.

And no I did not play in the NFL and neither did you.

Rudy
Rudy
It wouldn\\\'t matter what lists I or anyone post. You and others will find fault in everyone\\\'s lists. I can tell you this though I have followed El Paso hs football for 25 to 30 years and I can tell you there have been running backs that rushed for 400 yards in a single game. Some even close to 500 yards in a single game. I\\\'m not going to tell you their names. Do your own dam research. I have no time to be schooling people. Besides even if I schooled you like I said you and other know it all dummies will find fault in those running backs with questions like what did they do in college. Did they play in the NFL. So I won\\\'t even bother or entertain your nonsense.
So I literally posted these are the ones I know of. The point of the forum is to debate and talk. If you dont want to that\'s fine. I dont find fault simply ask for the numbers and you literally said stansbury wasn\'t any good (even though he played in the nfl) smh you are hilarious old angry man
I did not say Stansbury wasnt any good. Simply meant that he really did not do anything in the NFL.

And no I did not play in the NFL and neither did you.
The fact of the matter is that stansbury had an NFL career and you and I did not so we can not comment on his lack of whatever. He is in the convo as best backs period

Read today that dumas is 3 tds away from breaking the single season td record. That's impressive. It was held by Steven lee from 1988

Kids definitely taking advantage of the heavy workload with minimum 35 carries a game..

Lol back hand meet compliment lololololololol.

JRAM
Kids definitely taking advantage of the heavy workload with minimum 35 carries a game..
So does the 24 Carrie's for 389 and breaking the td record that has stood since 1988 put dumas in the convo.

Btw I looked it up he hasn't had 35 Carrie's in any game. But good try Framing the narrative

I know this is all opinion based but some of these comments feel a little personal lol. Truth be told I get salty seeing Americas’ success sometimes because I graduated from a rival eastside high school. But this kid is a special player, why wouldn’t you give the rock to the best player in the city? He may not be #1 all time but he definitely deserves to be on the list with the better players to come out of this city. Some of y’all are making him out to be a mediocre to a barely above average player. Kid fits in any system. The way the kid operates in small spaces is what impresses me, a lot of players at the next level aren’t good at that.

Woah there mr anonymous/ mr originality!! Ain’t trying to take anything away from the kid, he definitely balling out.. what happened to not taking it so personal 😂

JRAM
Woah there mr anonymous/ mr originality!! Ain’t trying to take anything away from the kid, he definitely balling out.. what happened to not taking it so personal 😂
I take it personal when I'm attacked for having an opinion and I'm wondering why he isn't in the conversation

I meerly made a list that he was on

WTX
I know this is all opinion based but some of these comments feel a little personal lol. Truth be told I get salty seeing Americas’ success sometimes because I graduated from a rival eastside high school. But this kid is a special player, why wouldn’t you give the rock to the best player in the city? He may not be #1 all time but he definitely deserves to be on the list with the better players to come out of this city. Some of y’all are making him out to be a mediocre to a barely above average player. Kid fits in any system. The way the kid operates in small spaces is what impresses me, a lot of players at the next level aren’t good at that.
I’ve seen him since last year and every year he gets bigger and stronger as he should, I can only imagine what he'll do next year. He is definitely not average, he is truly a beast on the gridiron. Americas has pretty much always been a run first team hence the number of carries. best of luck to this young man.

Cats32
WTX
I’ve seen him since last year and every year he gets bigger and stronger as he should, I can only imagine what he'll do next year. He is definitely not average, he is truly a beast on the gridiron. Americas has pretty much always been a run first team hence the number of carries. best of luck to this young man.
Agreed. The Rams have a good one too should be a good one in a few weeks.

WTX
Cats32
WTX
I’ve seen him since last year and every year he gets bigger and stronger as he should, I can only imagine what he\'ll do next year. He is definitely not average, he is truly a beast on the gridiron. Americas has pretty much always been a run first team hence the number of carries. best of luck to this young man.
Agreed. The Rams have a good one too should be a good one in a few weeks.
Yes we do he’s been a workhorse all season long and I’m sure he’ll represent well. Hopefully it’s a great game!!!

Okay so going by EP Gridirons home page these class of 2020 players have division 1 offers

Eastlake QB
Orion Olivas

Americas RB
Aaron Dumas

Pebble Hills SS
Chaz Clemons

Burges LB
Alec Marenco

Eastlake FS
Blas Compean

1 2 3
w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m