​​​​​​​
EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
GAME OF THE YEAR.. #1 franklin vs #2 americas

Who’s coming out with the win here ? americas has the edge and will come out on top 35-14... franklin is on their high horse and are gonna take the blazers for granted. Right now franklins game plan is to stop trick plays and try to shut out Aaron dumas and that won’t be enough. Hopefully this game lives up to the hype, been waiting all year for this matchup

Re: GAME OF THE YEAR.. #1 franklin vs #2 americas

Who ever wins this game will be crowned district 1-6A champs later on in the year.

I’ll take Americas by 2 td’s. I think Americas is a better balanced team and will take the W.

High Horse? What are you talking about? Franklin does their talking on the field. They take one game at a time and so far they have taken care of business. This game will come down to turnovers and who's defense decides to shows up. Both offenses are going to be difficult to stop consistently. Aaron will get some yards but I'm sure Franklin is not going to just key on him. Franklin's defense may just surprise a cocky Americas team. We will see. You think Americas is better balanced? You may want to look at the stats again for both teams and see who's the more balanced team. I hope Americas has more than Dumas if not.....Franklin by 14

This is going to be an exciting game both teams are really good on both sides of the ball just think Americas has the stronger defense on this game so I'm taking Americas on this game by 14

DaMinerMan
High Horse? What are you talking about? Franklin does their talking on the field. They take one game at a time and so far they have taken care of business. This game will come down to turnovers and who's defense decides to shows up. Both offenses are going to be difficult to stop consistently. Aaron will get some yards but I'm sure Franklin is not going to just key on him. Franklin's defense may just surprise a cocky Americas team. We will see. You think Americas is better balanced? You may want to look at the stats again for both teams and see who's the more balanced team. I hope Americas has more than Dumas if not.....Franklin by 14
Haha you get mad cause they said Franklin is on its high horse and you call Americas cocky 😂😂😂

What's funny is I dont think either team is on their high horse. I think the rest of the city is more excited about the game. All that being said I feel like it's going to be a great match up. This is what it's about

One more point

Franklin has literally 3 threads about how good they are. Americas has none, and everyone has the trailblazers 2nd. If anyone is on a high horse I think it would be franklin because of the hype. Not saying it's the case just saying if it is either of the two it would be a higher chance that Franklin would be on that horse.

Americas is the underdog 😂

Yes they are

Yes they are
No they are not

Eastsider
Yes they are
No they are not
Well every media outlet has them ranked second so yeah they are the underdog.

Eastsider
Yes they are
No they are not
Well every media outlet has them ranked second so yeah they are the underdog.
Americas is favored by 3. Franklin is the underdog.

Where is that shown at. All media outlets have americas 2nd and franklin 1st. Maxpreps has franklin ranked way higher. Am I missing something

Who's mad? It really doesn't matter what any of us think. The boys will figure things out on the field.

Reminds me of 2004 Franklin vs Montwood where Montwood sharpened their helmet buckles.

Franklin 35
Americas 21

Americas defense is good, however their schedule hasnt allowed for us to see if they have been tested. They played a horrible Eastwood team, a Onate team that was beat bye 50 at half by Cleveland that went on to get beat by Franklin. Americas struggled to beat a average at best Midland Christian team and went on to lose to Tascosa. Last years Franklin team held Dumas under 100 yards reported by every media outlet at the game to a Franklin defense that is much improved. Look at facts and they all lead to a great game on Thursday.

Me and my son will be there. hope it is entertaining and I get my monies worth.

Acrossthenation
Reminds me of 2004 Franklin vs Montwood where Montwood sharpened their helmet buckles.

Franklin 35
Americas 21
Hey nation you still remember that?

Meangreen
Acrossthenation

Franklin 35
Americas 21
Hey nation you still remember that?
Of course. I've been on this board since its inception.

I've been following Franklin for a loong time.

Americas defense is good, however their schedule hasnt allowed for us to see if they have been tested. They played a horrible Eastwood team, a Onate team that was beat bye 50 at half by Cleveland that went on to get beat by Franklin. Americas struggled to beat a average at best Midland Christian team and went on to lose to Tascosa. Last years Franklin team held Dumas under 100 yards reported by every media outlet at the game to a Franklin defense that is much improved. Look at facts and they all lead to a great game on Thursday.
Just checked. Dumas had 24 rushes for 140 yards. And midland christian isn't an average team. Tascosa is a great team. But yes should be a great game. For the record the frankin defense is not better their d line last year was phenomenal. This year average. But yes still good.

Just checked. Dumas had 24 rushes for 140 yards. And midland christian isn't an average team. Tascosa is a great team. But yes should be a great game. For the record the frankin defense is not better their d line last year was phenomenal. This year average. But yes still good.
You checked max preps which Coaches pad stats, and yes the Dline was better last year, however the rest of the defense is much better at linebacker and secondary because they are all returners except For Powers, hes a sophmore. I promise you strength of schedule is on Franklins side...Tascosa is not a great team this year, they got beat by Amarillo which got blanked by Frenship, They lost all their studs to graduation last year... Midland Christian is average at best, they lost to a 3a team the following week.... We will resume this conversation Friday. Like I said it will be a great game...

Aaron Dumas is going to get the ball like 500 times and will rush for like 100 yards.

Ep footballer
Who’s coming out with the win here ? americas has the edge and will come out on top 35-14... franklin is on their high horse and are gonna take the blazers for granted. Right now franklins game plan is to stop trick plays and try to shut out Aaron dumas and that won’t be enough. Hopefully this game lives up to the hype, been waiting all year for this matchup
Take them for granted? If there’s one team in the district Franklin’s not going to take for granted it’s Americas. I’ve seen both of these teams multiple times this season and I think it’s a toss up. I don’t knock AHS for losing to Tascosa because I think the rebels are better than RR Cleveland, Permian and Midland this season. I can see both teams winning close and I can see both teams blowing the other out. But if I had to make a prediction I got it 35-34 Franklin.

Westsider
Aaron Dumas is going to get the ball like 500 times and will rush for like 100 yards.
In the first half

refs trying to give the game to Franklin, nothing but trash calls by ref and field judge, trash

Good game. Refs were the worst part.

Well this game didn’t disappoint at all. Great game by both teams. Both defenses were great, but Americas had the edge on defense. Franklins Powers is a stud, he’ll both of them. To many bull**** calls by the refs like always, but I honestly didn’t see them favor one team over the other. Dumas got the ball 500 times as previously posted, and Franklins QB rallied his team and moved the ball well through the ground and air. Congratulations to both team on a game well played

Cats32
Well this game didn’t disappoint at all. Great game by both teams. Both defenses were great, but Americas had the edge on defense. Franklins Powers is a stud, he’ll both of them. To many bull**** calls by the refs like always, but I honestly didn’t see them favor one team over the other. Dumas got the ball 500 times as previously posted, and Franklins QB rallied his team and moved the ball well through the ground and air. Congratulations to both team on a game well played
The officials need to be better. Man people were going ballistic when they called back that long Dumas TD on that bs call. But you’re exactly right it was a great hard fought game by both teams.

Great game by Americas. Their defense was the difference. Dumas needs some help. Carrying the ball as often as he does is going to take a toll on him. Franklin has probably lost their two slot receivers for the year and possibly one of their top offensive lineman. Heavy price to pay but that's football. Hopefully we have some kids step up and help this team make a run to the playoffs along with Americas. I agree the refs were awful but we had our chances to win the game. Good luck the rest of the year Americas. Hopefully we can get things back on track and make a run with you in the playoffs. No doubt your team is the real deal as well..........

Why do I feel like what you wrote was really a back handed compliment? Yes Dumas gets the ball a lot. Americas is a run first offense for one and he his the best player in the city secondly. Now lets talk about the chances to win. The Refs gave you chances to win. 65 yard TD run taken off the board because of an unsportsmanlike penalty after the play is ridiculous. The roughing the passer penalty after a 4th down stop, and the holding penalty after another 4th down stop when the ball was tipped. False starts then putting time back on the clock. Fumble that really wasn't, Dumas was down and the ball and your player was out of bounds. Now I'm not pointing this out as a way of not giving credit to Franklin, they have ballers on that team. Powers is what you want a linebacker to be, smart, aggressive, fast. The QB dropped a dime on that second TD throw at the corner of the end zone. Everyone focuses on Stonewall, he can play, but there is a stable of good receivers there. But Americas won the game and deserve the credit period. They have a defense that has players on each level and that makes them different. Both teams will be in the playoffs and are still better than any other team in the city. I hope that both programs continue to do well and this becomes a yearly competitive game. The environment last night was the best that I have ever seen in El Paso.

Ike
Why do I feel like what you wrote was really a back handed compliment? Yes Dumas gets the ball a lot. Americas is a run first offense for one and he his the best player in the city secondly. Now lets talk about the chances to win. The Refs gave you chances to win. 65 yard TD run taken off the board because of an unsportsmanlike penalty after the play is ridiculous. The roughing the passer penalty after a 4th down stop, and the holding penalty after another 4th down stop when the ball was tipped. False starts then putting time back on the clock. Fumble that really wasn't, Dumas was down and the ball and your player was out of bounds. Now I'm not pointing this out as a way of not giving credit to Franklin, they have ballers on that team. Powers is what you want a linebacker to be, smart, aggressive, fast. The QB dropped a dime on that second TD throw at the corner of the end zone. Everyone focuses on Stonewall, he can play, but there is a stable of good receivers there. But Americas won the game and deserve the credit period. They have a defense that has players on each level and that makes them different. Both teams will be in the playoffs and are still better than any other team in the city. I hope that both programs continue to do well and this becomes a yearly competitive game. The environment last night was the best that I have ever seen in El Paso.
Interesting I couldn’t really see if it was a fumble or not but I do know that Dumas was so close to the sideline that I was kinda surprised Franklin recovered in bounds. But yeah the long Americas TD that was called back and that roughing the passer calls were brutal.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m