EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Americas is the REAL DEAL

Might as well start this thread since a lot of us know that Americas is going to beat Franklin

Re: Americas is the REAL DEAL

Americas definitely looks good, but Franklin's had more impressive victories.

Should be a good game.

Eastsider
Might as well start this thread since a lot of us know that Americas is going to beat Franklin
Ugh....I was just talking about how Americas almost never comes in here pumping their chests trying to convince everyone they’re the best in the state of Texas, instead showing it on the field......smh

Americas is a great team !! They are coached really well on both sides Franklin is good as well just think Americas has the edge on this one and also if the Refs officiate the game right it should be a great ball game!!

Yes this seems out of character. Maybe someone trying to create some bulletin board material

Eastsider
You’re a clown

Go_tbirds1968
Eastsider
You’re a clown
For the thread or its message?

Go_tbirds1968
Eastsider
You’re a clown
Both

FCGriffins
Go_tbirds1968
Eastsider
You’re a clown
Both
So maybe not

Looks like Americas is the REAL DEAL

I went to the game and neither team was impressive. Franklin OLine played soft and Americas literally has one kid that consistently moves the ball. I was expecting a barn burner because of all the hype and it was really quite boring. Good luck to both teams.

Just watching
I went to the game and neither team was impressive. Franklin OLine played soft and Americas literally has one kid that consistently moves the ball. I was expecting a barn burner because of all the hype and it was really quite boring. Good luck to both teams.
Both teams have great defenses

Just watching
El paso mentality right there for you.

Just watching
El paso mentality right there for you.
So let me get this straight your opinion is the only one that matters here right? GTFOH. The game was in fact boring considering the amount of points they've scored against other teams. Franklin believed they were the best after beating a weak Permian at Ratliff and could only muster 13 points. Americas offense was in fact boring cause even though he is considered one of the best in the he city it's boring watching the same kid touch the ball EVERYTIME. Americas defense was their biggest difference. But I'll wait for you to come on here with your "El Paso Mentality" bull and wait for your opinion the one that only matters.

So only points being scored keeps a game from being boring. The fact is both defenses are great and it shows in the amount of points scored last night. If franklin led the city in scoring americas was a close second this season. There was plenty of excitement. As for the running back. He had 30 Caries but doesn't he have that weekly. A team has about 75 to 80 snaps of offense so in fact if he only carried 30 times so.eone else had to get the ball. Furthermore the defensive chess match was fun to watch but hey keep up yalls el paso mentality and say the defensive battle of the best 2 teams was boring and take joh in the fact that they will both handily beat the team you root for.

REAL TALK

This forum is for folks to be able to commentate on local football. I did just that. I have permission and the right to be disappointed in a game that, in my opinion, was over hyped. I didn't attack either team, or any of the kids personally. I stated my own personal observations. FYI, I have no dog in the fight. I just enjoy getting out and watching high school ball.

Just watching
This forum is for folks to be able to commentate on local football. I did just that. I have permission and the right to be disappointed in a game that, in my opinion, was over hyped. I didn't attack either team, or any of the kids personally. I stated my own personal observations. FYI, I have no dog in the fight. I just enjoy getting out and watching high school ball.
Still not understanding why it was over hyped. Is good defense boring these two teams came in lighting the scoreboard up. Defenses were good if yo uh like scoring go watch arena ball. Gtfoh with your opinion talking down on the 2 best teams in town. Sorry your feeble football mind wasn't entertained. Praise the teams and the physicality of it.

Just watching
This forum is for folks to be able to commentate on local football. I did just that. I have permission and the right to be disappointed in a game that, in my opinion, was over hyped. I didn\'t attack either team, or any of the kids personally. I stated my own personal observations. FYI, I have no dog in the fight. I just enjoy getting out and watching high school ball.
You are correct you can have your opinion. But that opinion can be challenged by those who don't agree with it. Now if someone is just attacking you then that individual really needs to be ignored. But if they are challenging your opinion with a legitimate argument then you may have to just take it.

And yes for now Americas , Both Franklin an America’s have Pebble Hills and Montwood to worry about. Any given given day you can fall to the weaker team according to your stats . Well Franklin, what do say now . Americas, maintain Classy and don’t be like Franklin thinking they are playing like State Champions .

East
And yes for now Americas , Both Franklin an America’s have Pebble Hills and Montwood to worry about. Any given given day you can fall to the weaker team according to your stats . Well Franklin, what do say now . Americas, maintain Classy and don’t be like Franklin thinking they are playing like State Champions .
State Champions? What are you talking about? I don't see all of this bragging that you claim Franklin was doing? Franklin lost the game and Americas won period. That being said, neither team dominated the other and I still feel both teams can win at least a couple of games in the playoffs (if Franklin can get healthy again and if Americas can stay healthy.

DaMinerMan
East
State Champions? What are you talking about? I don't see all of this bragging that you claim Franklin was doing? Franklin lost the game and Americas won period. That being said, neither team dominated the other and I still feel both teams can win at least a couple of games in the playoffs (if Franklin can get healthy again and if Americas can stay healthy.
I kind of feel like franklin was high and mighty. From the looks that's how they came in. But they limped out

Franklin can't control what people say or think of them all they can do is play the game. Americas is now the poster child of 6A for El Paso. If people talk them up is it Americas fault? No. It's just fun speculation on the part of high school fans and probably a lot of family of the players. It's been happening since the Pee Wee football league. I don't think you have seen any of the players on any of these sites talking trash or putting down each other. They respect each other. The kids work hard and play to win. Franklin will just have to regroup and try to win the rest of their district games. Montwood and Pebble Hills are playing good ball right now. Franklin needs to be careful or they will be watching the playoffs from the stands.......

DaMinerMan
Franklin can't control what people say or think of them all they can do is play the game. Americas is now the poster child of 6A for El Paso. If people talk them up is it Americas fault? No. It's just fun speculation on the part of high school fans and probably a lot of family of the players. It's been happening since the Pee Wee football league. I don't think you have seen any of the players on any of these sites talking trash or putting down each other. They respect each other. The kids work hard and play to win. Franklin will just have to regroup and try to win the rest of their district games. Montwood and Pebble Hills are playing good ball right now. Franklin needs to be careful or they will be watching the playoffs from the stands.......
For your information Franklin will have a better shot at advancing further in the playoffs than Americas. Just wait and see.

I truly believe montwood will upset americas.. Franklin, Montwood and Americas will be co-district 1-6A champs at the end of the regular season.

Cougars
DaMinerMan
Franklin can\'t control what people say or think of them all they can do is play the game. Americas is now the poster child of 6A for El Paso. If people talk them up is it Americas fault? No. It\'s just fun speculation on the part of high school fans and probably a lot of family of the players. It\'s been happening since the Pee Wee football league. I don\'t think you have seen any of the players on any of these sites talking trash or putting down each other. They respect each other. The kids work hard and play to win. Franklin will just have to regroup and try to win the rest of their district games. Montwood and Pebble Hills are playing good ball right now. Franklin needs to be careful or they will be watching the playoffs from the stands.......
For your information Franklin will have a better shot at advancing further in the playoffs than Americas. Just wait and see.
Where was this a topic of conversation. Dont think that ever came up. What franklin needs to hope as that people dont watch the film and recreate what americas did.

Zzzzz
I truly believe montwood will upset americas.. Franklin, Montwood and Americas will be co-district 1-6A champs at the end of the regular season.
May be well and true but montwood should worry about pebble hills and take their eyes off of americas.

Zzzzz
May be well and true but montwood should worry about pebble hills and take their eyes off of americas.
Only 1 thing wierd about this. Montwood is 1 and 0 and your saying they will beat americas why would that make them cochamps I'm confused

Com-on Man, Montwood will take the 4th playoff spot due to a 6 team district and Coronado and Socorro having very weak teams.

Americas - District Champs
Pebble Hills
Franklin
Montwood

In my opinion Montwood and even Pebble Hills are going to destroy Americas

Qbert
So by default montwood and pebble hills will destroy franklin as well?

Qbert
No because Americas beating Franklin was a fluke. It was the fluke of all flukes known to man since the beginning of time.

And in case you are thinking about it I am not a Franklin parent, player or supporter of Franklin I just have a skill in spotting flukes when I see them.

Qbert
Qbert
No because Americas beating Franklin was a fluke. It was the fluke of all flukes known to man since the beginning of time.

And in case you are thinking about it I am not a Franklin parent, player or supporter of Franklin I just have a skill in spotting flukes when I see them.
Well thx for the clarification. And the opinion was hopi g you knew something we didn't because the Eastside teams finishing 123 would be dope. Dont think about the fluke thing though

Qbert
Qbert

So Americas beating Franklin was a fluke. So holding their high power offense to 58 yards and sacking the QB seven times in the first half a fluke. I am glad you are able to spot a fluke. Especially the fluke of all flukes. But I really am questioning if you can spot good football.

Qbert
Qbert

Well thx for the clarification. And the opinion was hopi g you knew something we didn't because the Eastside teams finishing 123 would be dope. Dont think about the fluke thing though
Maybe there was something to this statement as franklin only scored 28 on coronado and gave up 14.

Franklin is dealing with some injury issues on offense but they will be ok....I hope. Their performance last night won't be good enough to beat Pebble Hills or Montwood......

Injuries from the previous weeks game?

Franklin has lost their two slot receivers, one of which was the punt returner, kick returner and wildcat quarterback. Both kids are very fast and it seems Franklin has lost some of their offensive rhythm since opposing defenses can concentrate on Haack and Stonewall. Hopefully they can work through it until they can return if they do this year...

Devyn didn’t play in the Americas game.

Correct he injured his knee playing against Chapin. His brother got hurt in the second quarter of the Americas game....Not an excuse Americas won the game but it would have been nice to play Americas with their offense intact. Not sure if Americas had anyone out for the game. As long as Dumas is good Americas will continue to do what they do. Spoke with Devyn at the Coronado game last night and he had surgery that morning and hopes to be back for the playoffs. His brother is week to week with a hamstring issue. Everyone is banged up and dealing with nagging injuries.

Michigan State in town to visit Aaron Dumas.

Where did you hear this at

Did I read the score correctly.

Well dang!! Congratulations Blazers. Wish I would’ve made this game

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m