​​​​​​​
EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Coronado Season Lost?

The T-Birds suffered another tough loss tonight to montwood, seemingly ending our playoff hopes since were not beating pebble, franklin or Americas. Such a shame, had so much hype headed into this year, and what a great year last year was. But I’m starting to question if we will even beat soccorro, it has seriously gotten that bad, that game will be the infamous “toilet bowl” I personally think if anderson loses to soccoro his job is as good as gone, I’m just so disappointed in this year, I think we need to fire Anderson, and then go get either mike pry or Gary Recoder, what does everyone else think?

Re: Coronado Season Lost?

Go_tbirds1968
The T-Birds suffered another tough loss tonight to montwood, seemingly ending our playoff hopes since were not beating pebble, franklin or Americas. Such a shame, had so much hype headed into this year, and what a great year last year was. But I’m starting to question if we will even beat soccorro, it has seriously gotten that bad, that game will be the infamous “toilet bowl” I personally think if anderson loses to soccoro his job is as good as gone, I’m just so disappointed in this year, I think we need to fire Anderson, and then go get either mike pry or Gary Recoder, what does everyone else think?
So franklin and coronado have the same district record. And your writing them off already. That's the problem right there

Go_tbirds1968
New coaches yes but no way Pry or Recoder. Best it be someone who never has been associated with Coronado at all. Someone new even maybe some outowner

Go_tbirds1968
So franklin and coronado have the same district record. And your writing them off already. That's the problem right there
Yeah like we will actually beat franklin, we got smacked by montwood who’s third or fourth best team in district..... pay attention to the season for Christ’s sake. Comparing us to franklin is apples to oranges, we’re going to get absolutely smoked. What a comment by you sir. Still enjoying the anonymity of you profile LOL show support for your school instead of being fair weather and living on the thread just to judge others.

Go_tbirds1968
Go_tbirds1968
So franklin and coronado have the same district record. And your writing them off already. That\'s the problem right there
Yeah like we will actually beat franklin, we got smacked by montwood who’s third or fourth best team in district..... pay attention to the season for Christ’s sake. Comparing us to franklin is apples to oranges, we’re going to get absolutely smoked. What a comment by you sir. Still enjoying the anonymity of you profile LOL show support for your school instead of being fair weather and living on the thread just to judge others.
I'm an el paso football fan. I just like good ball. Alls I'm saying is the season isn't lost yet. Speak life and hope for the best

I applaud your attitude and under most circumstances would agree with you.

Coronado is a mess. No way around it. An absolute total meltdown is happening. Not a single player has an once of respect for the coach. That's hard to overcome.
But if there's team unity it's possible.

That's not happening as the team is at war with itself. You've got a QB who has bought into the hype and believes he's a star playing with scrubs. As a team leader, he has no respect from the team. Again, hard to overcome but if there's talent there's a possibility.

I read of the preseason hype and frankly thought those who were hyping the team and those who bought into it were on drugs. Sorry, but there's no rational explanation for high expectations from this group of players. Great kids. Some of the best. But not talented.

And there's the last part. This team hasn't got the players to overcome this situation. They certainly don't have any coaching and they don't have high expectations. It's the coach acknowledging to the players that there's no use going all in because you suck.

If the coaches believed in the players and wanted to make a statement they'd make changes to the roster. Bench players that openly defy the instructions from the coaches. There's no accountability for deliberately breaking rules. And that's a source of division in the team.

There's been no adjustments to anything. If a coach just sits back and watches his team sink week after week without so much an attempt to get better then yes all is lost.

This head coach, may have been great at one time, but not today. He's terrible. Worst coaching and leadership for a group of great young men who would run thru a wall for a competent coach that I've ever witnessed.

He may be a great guy, but it's about the program not the individual. The coach is a disgrace to the school and community.

If he's retained after this season it could only mean the principal has nothing but disdain or complete apathy for those she serves. The kids of this area deserve better. If there was one math teacher and that person was as incompetent and failing to do the job as this coach, you know **** well that person would be fired or something. Why is it OK to fail at football and unacceptable at say math.

Again, I admire the attitude. But it's better to see the situation as it is and remove your blinders.
Reality won't kill you to face it. And the reality is this coach shouldn't have that job tomorrow let alone next year.

Westside fan

Coronado is a mess. No way around it. An absolute total meltdown is happening. Not a single player has an once of respect for the coach. That's hard to overcome.
But if there's team unity it's possible.

That's not happening as the team is at war with itself. You've got a QB who has bought into the hype and believes he's a star playing with scrubs. As a team leader, he has no respect from the team. Again, hard to overcome but if there's talent there's a possibility.

I read of the preseason hype and frankly thought those who were hyping the team and those who bought into it were on drugs. Sorry, but there's no rational explanation for high expectations from this group of players. Great kids. Some of the best. But not talented.

And there's the last part. This team hasn't got the players to overcome this situation. They certainly don't have any coaching and they don't have high expectations. It's the coach acknowledging to the players that there's no use going all in because you suck.

If the coaches believed in the players and wanted to make a statement they'd make changes to the roster. Bench players that openly defy the instructions from the coaches. There's no accountability for deliberately breaking rules. And that's a source of division in the team.

There's been no adjustments to anything. If a coach just sits back and watches his team sink week after week without so much an attempt to get better then yes all is lost.

This head coach, may have been great at one time, but not today. He's terrible. Worst coaching and leadership for a group of great young men who would run thru a wall for a competent coach that I've ever witnessed.

He may be a great guy, but it's about the program not the individual. The coach is a disgrace to the school and community.

If he's retained after this season it could only mean the principal has nothing but disdain or complete apathy for those she serves. The kids of this area deserve better. If there was one math teacher and that person was as incompetent and failing to do the job as this coach, you know **** well that person would be fired or something. Why is it OK to fail at football and unacceptable at say math.

Again, I admire the attitude. But it's better to see the situation as it is and remove your blinders.
Reality won't kill you to face it. And the reality is this coach shouldn't have that job tomorrow let alone next year.

Playing the devils advocate. What has changed. It wasn't coach Anderson if anyone is the same now as he was 5 years ago its him. The group or the entity that has changed are the kids. You state division and the qb thinking he is too good. Those are personality issues within the team. The kids have changed. How were these kids as freshman and middle school players did they win. Again it can be salvaged but the kids do have to buy in your right about that. Division in fighting and outright defiance are program killers. The kids need to salvage their season.

Make coronado great again lol.

Westside fan

Coronado is a mess. No way around it. An absolute total meltdown is happening. Not a single player has an once of respect for the coach. That\'s hard to overcome.
But if there\'s team unity it\'s possible.

That\'s not happening as the team is at war with itself. You\'ve got a QB who has bought into the hype and believes he\'s a star playing with scrubs. As a team leader, he has no respect from the team. Again, hard to overcome but if there\'s talent there\'s a possibility.

I read of the preseason hype and frankly thought those who were hyping the team and those who bought into it were on drugs. Sorry, but there\'s no rational explanation for high expectations from this group of players. Great kids. Some of the best. But not talented.

And there\'s the last part. This team hasn\'t got the players to overcome this situation. They certainly don\'t have any coaching and they don\'t have high expectations. It\'s the coach acknowledging to the players that there\'s no use going all in because you suck.

If the coaches believed in the players and wanted to make a statement they\'d make changes to the roster. Bench players that openly defy the instructions from the coaches. There\'s no accountability for deliberately breaking rules. And that\'s a source of division in the team.

There\'s been no adjustments to anything. If a coach just sits back and watches his team sink week after week without so much an attempt to get better then yes all is lost.

This head coach, may have been great at one time, but not today. He\'s terrible. Worst coaching and leadership for a group of great young men who would run thru a wall for a competent coach that I\'ve ever witnessed.

He may be a great guy, but it\'s about the program not the individual. The coach is a disgrace to the school and community.

If he\'s retained after this season it could only mean the principal has nothing but disdain or complete apathy for those she serves. The kids of this area deserve better. If there was one math teacher and that person was as incompetent and failing to do the job as this coach, you know **** well that person would be fired or something. Why is it OK to fail at football and unacceptable at say math.

Again, I admire the attitude. But it\'s better to see the situation as it is and remove your blinders.
Reality won\'t kill you to face it. And the reality is this coach shouldn\'t have that job tomorrow let alone next year.

Playing the devils advocate. What has changed. It wasn't coach Anderson if anyone is the same now as he was 5 years ago its him. The group or the entity that has changed are the kids. You state division and the qb thinking he is too good. Those are personality issues within the team. The kids have changed. How were these kids as freshman and middle school players did they win. Again it can be salvaged but the kids do have to buy in your right about that. Division in fighting and outright defiance are program killers. The kids need to salvage their season.

Make coronado great again lol.
That's correct. The coaches can't go and execute these plays for them. They weren't out there missing blocks and tackles, dropping passes, or blowing coverages. I saw that Montwood game and the Rams were able to seize momentum from the start through mistakes in game plan execution. Coronado came into this game a bit more spirited and had some success moving the ball, except when Montwood was bringing pressure. These kids need to figure out what they're about. I doubt that they will lose to Socorro, but I do think they have a shot against Pebble Hills. They also always play Americas tough through styles of play regardless of record. Usually I would say you never know what to expect in a rivalry game but this Franklin squad is now humbled and probably won't be snuck up on. Coronado should figure out how to keep that offense off the field and ensure the clock is running to keep it humane. I'm sure coach Anderson feels the pressure. Another element that you have to look at is how are the lower level progressing? Every now and then you have these anomaly seasons. Montwood (even with Chuck Veliz), Franklin, and Americas have all gone through them in the last 5 seasons.

Have you bothered to talk to the kids on this team? Have you bothered to talk to the kids on past teams????Why does Franklin have Barrios Torres and host of former head coaches and Coronado cant find help.Go Look at every single interview with Anderson at the beginning of the season he always has the same excuse!!!Dont believe me go research PLEASE.He has created this environment. ASK PAST AND CURRENT KIDS.

One more thing go watch apratice the go to Franklin Canutillo Bowie and see the difference.I have done it.

Yall just got to let it go. He is not going to be fired period so get over it and do your best to help the situation and not make it worst

Ok maybe they are going to go another way. Can't get blanked by the east siders like that

We beat that America’s team last year too, can’t believe how far we’ve fallen

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m