EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rudy Contreras as HC

I won't say it's time to panic but losing to a 1-5 Eastwood squad while being up 28-14 late in the 4th quarter and then losing in OT to a field goal is unacceptable. If DV loses to Eastlake and BA, It might be time to see what is going wrong. HC Contreras wasn't expected to win against Mayfield, Hutto the school from El Centro CA in his first year as HC but he and his coaches are expected to continue the OFOD tradition and beat local teams in district. DV is now 3-4 :-1:

Re: Rudy Contreras as HC

Zzzzz
I won't say it's time to panic but losing to a 1-5 Eastwood squad while being up 28-14 late in the 4th quarter and then losing in OT to a field goal is unacceptable. If DV loses to Eastlake and BA, It might be time to see what is going wrong. HC Contreras wasn't expected to win against Mayfield, Hutto the school from El Centro CA in his first year as HC but he and his coaches are expected to continue the OFOD tradition and beat local teams in district. DV is now 3-4 :-1:
I somewhat agree with this post, although I feel that Contreras should have won the game against Mayfield. I did not attend that game but I read that the officiating was terrible and Mayfield caught a break. Zzzzz, I see that you mentioned Bel air and Eastlake but don't count out Chapin either. Their record along with Eastwoods means nothing, every opponent and game is different. I like Contreras and wish him nothing but the best. Hopefully he can regroup and finish the season 6-4. Remember, District Titles are good but success in the playoffs is what really matters.

Coach Contreras and DV will be just fine. Fact is, if they win out, they will have an opportunity to be Tri-Champs with Eastlake and Eastwood in the district. People may forget, DV lost a tight game to Eastwood last year, yet WON a bidistrict championship at the end of the season. One game doesn’t define a season!

El Chingon
Coach Contreras and DV will be just fine. Fact is, if they win out, they will have an opportunity to be Tri-Champs with Eastlake and Eastwood in the district. People may forget, DV lost a tight game to Eastwood last year, yet WON a bidistrict championship at the end of the season. One game doesn’t define a season!
Well that isn't going to happen. If Contreras can't get past Eastwood & Eastlake, I seriously doubt he'll get past the first round of the playoffs

How many teams in EL Paso get past the first round outside of the city. The playoffs are so watered down it becomes the luck of the draw.
This is the first year in like 6 than Del Valle has not had a QB named Montes at the helm. Rudy Is doing a good job but it will be tougher
as I would guess he doesn't have the recruiting ability as the previous guy. Open enrollment has led to more recruiting and therefor it is
not about kids in the Neighborhood school anymore. Del Valle was senior heavy last year and they underachieved, beat a sophomore laden Amarillo
and lost once again in the area round. I would guess everyone's season will be over by thanksgiving. High school football is fun but looking at the
amount of lopsided sores this year not much in the field of parity

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m