​​​​​​​
EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Realignment time!

Official snapshot is on Friday. Nothing will be done until December, but thought it would be interesting to start the conversation on what might happen?

Nothing at all??

Riverside to 4a?

Eastwood/Eastlake to 6a?

If so, what happens to the 5a D1?

Could we have the developing of two 6a districts in town?!?

Tune in!!

Re: Realignment time!

Go check twitter there are post about it.

With Eastwood and Eastlake moving up to 6A, it would be wise for DV, El Do, Bel Air, and Chaplin to follow suit. It makes more sense logistically.
However, you must take into account that the move to 6A will Effect ALL sports, not just football. Will their other sports be able to compete??
I believe it is the smartest move for each school involved. This is how I see the districts shaping up.
6A - 1
Eastlake
Socorro
Americas
Montwood
El Dorado
Pebble Hills

6A - 2
Franklin
Coronado
Chapin
Bel Air
Del Valle
Eastwood

5A - Div 2, District 1
Horizon
Hanks
Parkland
Canutillo
Ysleta

5A - Div 2, District 2
Andress
Austin
Bowie
El Paso
Jefferson
Burges
Irvin

4A -
Clint
San Eli
Mountain View
Fave a
Riverside

EP
With Eastwood and Eastlake moving up to 6A, it would be wise for DV, El Do, Bel Air, and Chaplin to follow suit. It makes more sense logistically.
However, you must take into account that the move to 6A will Effect ALL sports, not just football. Will their other sports be able to compete??
I believe it is the smartest move for each school involved. This is how I see the districts shaping up.
6A - 1
Eastlake
Socorro
Americas
Montwood
El Dorado
Pebble Hills

6A - 2
Franklin
Coronado
Chapin
Bel Air
Del Valle
Eastwood

5A - Div 2, District 1
Horizon
Hanks
Parkland
Canutillo
Ysleta

5A - Div 2, District 2
Andress
Austin
Bowie
El Paso
Jefferson
Burges
Irvin

4A -
Clint
San Eli
Mountain View
Fave a
Riverside

Schools don't get to decide if they are 5A or 6A. It is determined by enrollment. Horizon City is growing really fast so Eastlakes enrollment has forced them into 6A, they have been trying to avoid it for a few years. Eastwood was 6A but dropped down to 5A two years ago, but with the construction and the fantastic updates to the school enrollment has gone back up.

Eastwood and Eastlake are rumored to go up.

I’ve also seen in other boards that El Dorado has enrollment for 6a and that Pebble Hills could drop. I’d like to know how those enrollments are reported.

Riverside is most likely dropping. Jeff is the largest 5a D2 school so if their enrollment increased a bit they will be D1 with Chapin, Del Valle, Bel Air and Pebble Hills or El Dorado.

A school can opt up if they choose, but not down.

This is been done by enrollment, right? I would love to see Canutillo and Parkland move up to 6a?

Riverside for sure will drop down to 4a.

JMAZ
This is been done by enrollment, right? I would love to see Canutillo and Parkland move up to 6a?
If Canutillo and Parkland will not move up to 6a but if they did those head coaches would lose their jobs within 2 years.

Rudy
JMAZ
If Canutillo and Parkland will not move up to 6a but if they did those head coaches would lose their jobs within 2 years.
And the positivity award goes to Rudy already today. Mr. Weekend warrior coach from the stands himself.

Rudy
JMAZ
And the positivity award goes to Rudy already today. Mr. Weekend warrior coach from the stands himself.
Thank you very much :the_horns:

That's better 😀

Haha...you a right I do see those coaches either retiring or transfer or terminated. But Canutillo with a roster of 50+ players every year they should be unstoppable, so I guess to blame is the talent right, not the coaches? 🤔

JMAZ
No chance. They have 1500-1600 enrollment. Those are solid 5a D2 Numbers.

🦅
Haha...you a right I do see those coaches either retiring or transfer or terminated. But Canutillo with a roster of 50+ players every year they should be unstoppable, so I guess to blame is the talent right, not the coaches? 🤔
Another bitter parent. Or wanna be coach.

This site fill of them

This site fill of them
That's what this site was made for, to talk football. Good, bad, bitter, excited, opinions wheather popular or not. But again Mr. I don't want to say my team I go for, your opinion is the only one that matters GTFOH

This site fill of them
So nobody should say anything about anything?

Got it.

Maverick
🦅
i don't see how he's bitter or wanna be coach. He's just saying what its been seeing each Friday night or been a big team in number and then to play at Ysleta and Riverside levels (no offense) cuz those team are almost iron man football and they put a fight vs the Eagles.

There’s no way Canutillo or Parkland move up based on enrollment. All the 5A D2 schools are pretty much locked. Jefferson is the interesting one as the Silva Magnet continues to grow and they are factored in to Jeff’s enrollment.
No shot Pebble Hills will drop anytime soon!

This site fill of them
Not only this site but the entire internet and social media and at football games are full of them

JMAZ
Maverick
🦅
i don't see how he's bitter or wanna be coach. He's just saying what its been seeing each Friday night or been a big team in number and then to play at Ysleta and Riverside levels (no offense) cuz those team are almost iron man football and they put a fight vs the Eagles.
Anytime you are negative towards a team you just putting them down, you are bitter about something.

EP
There’s no way Canutillo or Parkland move up based on enrollment. All the 5A D2 schools are pretty much locked. Jefferson is the interesting one as the Silva Magnet continues to grow and they are factored in to Jeff’s enrollment.
No shot Pebble Hills will drop anytime soon!
Jefferson is probably movin up d1. Chapin could drop to D2.

Pebble hills enrollment if below 2300 could move down.

Ph wont deop their enrollment is higher than that

Ph wont deop their enrollment is higher than that
Correct. Got wrong info. Over 2500 enrollment reported. Eastlake is at over 2300, they’re 6A!

Jefferson at 1861, Chapin at 1835. Will be interesting if both are 5A D1. Riverside 1114. Welcome to 4A

Anyone know DV's current enrollment #?

Zzzzz
Anyone know DV's current enrollment #?
Less than 6A Numbers

Eastwood going back to 6A

NewYear
Zzzzz
Anyone know DV\'s current enrollment #?
Less than 6A Numbers

We will see something tells me eastwood doesn't want to go back to 6a.

NewYear
Zzzzz
Anyone know DV\\\'s current enrollment #?
Less than 6A Numbers

We will see something tells me eastwood doesn't want to go back to 6a.
That’s not their choice to make. If their reported number is over 2300 they are 6A.

NewYear
NewYear
Zzzzz
Anyone know DV\\\\\\\'s current enrollment #?
Less than 6A Numbers

We will see something tells me eastwood doesn\'t want to go back to 6a.
That’s not their choice to make. If their reported number is over 2300 they are 6A.
Enrollment numbers,via Dave Campbell's Football. Again this doesn't make anything official as the UIL now needs to take these numbers and see what they adjust things to keep all districts well balanced.

Franklin 2909
Coronado 2643
Americas 2604
Pebble H 2555
Eastlake 2373
Eastwood 2289
Bel Air 1950
Jeff 1861
Chapin 1833
Parkland 1628
Hanks 1564
Horizon 1563
Burges 1513
El Paso 1500
Ysleta 1500
Irvin 1226
Riverside1114

Any teams not listed did not report their numbers to Dave Campbell's Texas Football.

Anything over 2225 should easily be 6A Numbers.

DV didn’t report to DC because DV has always moved their numbers around to stay in 5A. They’ve had 6A numbers for years and still manage to stay in 5A

No dv hasn't

Koolarrow
DV didn’t report to DC because DV has always moved their numbers around to stay in 5A. They’ve had 6A numbers for years and still manage to stay in 5A
If you say so chief. Check the TEA numbers from the last few years and show me where they are hiding kids. I’ve seen at least one coach on twitter slyly accusing schools like Del Valle of doctoring the Numbers.

So how is it that you guys think dv doctors numbers.

So how is it that you guys think dv doctors numbers.
I don’t know. Ask the coach from Americas.

The americas coach accused dv of doctoring numbers?

Not directly. Maybe he was talking about Eastlake or Eastwood.

Tweet from Americas HC account:

Shady schools trying to figure out how to make 100 kids dissapear on snapshot day so they can stay 5a

It is not Del Valle's fault that YISD has changed the feeder zones district wide. I was baffled that the houses in the Castner/Kastrin Area (East of Lee Trevino) is Bel Air feeder area when DV is closer. Also, San Jose area (where the old church was) was at one time, Del Valle's feeder zone but is now mixed between Ysleta HS and Bel Air. I'm assuming YISD tweaked the boundaries since YHS and BA have had a decline in enrollment the past 5+ years. As for Hanks, if you live west of Lomaland (Before getting to Yarbrough) you are in Eastwood Feeder zone yet Hanks High School is closer to those houses. Eastwood doesn't need more enrollment. IMO, Hanks HS is being underutilized for the size of campus it is.

NewYear

Shady schools trying to figure out how to make 100 kids dissapear on snapshot day so they can stay 5a
I saw that but it wasn't very specific. So where the teams that were barely 5a that would be who those are directed at. Plus i have seen him and eastwood coach go back and forth probably for eastwood as their reputation is shady

VQ35HR
It is not Del Valle's fault that YISD has changed the feeder zones district wide. I was baffled that the houses in the Castner/Kastrin Area (East of Lee Trevino) is Bel Air feeder area when DV is closer. Also, San Jose area (where the old church was) was at one time, Del Valle's feeder zone but is now mixed between Ysleta HS and Bel Air. I'm assuming YISD tweaked the boundaries since YHS and BA have had a decline in enrollment the past 5+ years. As for Hanks, if you live west of Lomaland (Before getting to Yarbrough) you are in Eastwood Feeder zone yet Hanks High School is closer to those houses. Eastwood doesn't need more enrollment. IMO, Hanks HS is being underutilized for the size of campus it is.
There are no feeder patterns in yisd as they are open enrollment

NewYear

I saw that but it wasn't very specific. So where the teams that were barely 5a that would be who those are directed at. Plus i have seen him and eastwood coach go back and forth probably for eastwood as their reputation is shady
You’re right. He might have “rivalries” with some coaches that I’m unaware of.

I see the Del Valle reported number is 2096. I’m very interested in El Dorados enrollment. They should have similar numbers to Del Valle.

NewYear

Think you’re right when you say Melton is probably talking about Eastwood and maybe Eastlake. From a far it seems like there’s not a whole lot of love between the Americas and Eastwood head coaches lol.

VQ35HR
It is not Del Valle\'s fault that YISD has changed the feeder zones district wide. I was baffled that the houses in the Castner/Kastrin Area (East of Lee Trevino) is Bel Air feeder area when DV is closer. Also, San Jose area (where the old church was) was at one time, Del Valle\'s feeder zone but is now mixed between Ysleta HS and Bel Air. I\'m assuming YISD tweaked the boundaries since YHS and BA have had a decline in enrollment the past 5+ years. As for Hanks, if you live west of Lomaland (Before getting to Yarbrough) you are in Eastwood Feeder zone yet Hanks High School is closer to those houses. Eastwood doesn\'t need more enrollment. IMO, Hanks HS is being underutilized for the size of campus it is.
Regardless of open enrollment, you still have feeder patterns.

EP Eastwood returning to 6A.
EP Eastlake moving up to 6A.
That'll put six teams in District 1-6A.
Has Eastlake been the highest classification anytime?

This will be Eastlakes first time in 6A

It will make 8 6a teams

It will make 8 6a teams
Yes, I meant going from 6 to 8. Silly me. Saw that error after a night's sleep.

It’s looking like Chapin will join the rest of the EPISD schools in 5AD2 for football.

That means Bel Air, Del Valle and El Dorado are likely going to get put in a district with Lubbock, Lubbock Coronado and Lubbock Monterey. Good luck! Del Valle doesn’t mind traveling, they did it often under Coach Perales. Oh well.

FalconFeather
VQ35HR
It is not Del Valle\\\'s fault that YISD has changed the feeder zones district wide. I was baffled that the houses in the Castner/Kastrin Area (East of Lee Trevino) is Bel Air feeder area when DV is closer. Also, San Jose area (where the old church was) was at one time, Del Valle\\\'s feeder zone but is now mixed between Ysleta HS and Bel Air. I\\\'m assuming YISD tweaked the boundaries since YHS and BA have had a decline in enrollment the past 5+ years. As for Hanks, if you live west of Lomaland (Before getting to Yarbrough) you are in Eastwood Feeder zone yet Hanks High School is closer to those houses. Eastwood doesn\\\'t need more enrollment. IMO, Hanks HS is being underutilized for the size of campus it is.
Regardless of open enrollment, you still have feeder patterns.
Thank you FalconFeather. Indeed there are feeder zones/boundaries in YISD regardless of their "open enrollment". It only applies to students who live in EPISD, SISD, etc that chooses to go to a YISD campus, Ysleta ISD will not turn them away especially with the declining enrollment numbers they've been facing district wide. Now if you live in the YISD area, it doesn't apply to you unless you are some special student/athlete. What I mean by that is; lets say a student living off Padres St in the lower valley who has average grades and is not an athlete decides he/she does not want to attend Ysleta HS but would prefer to go to brand new Eastwood HS, YISD would not allow it. The said Student must bring something to the table in order for them to be accepted to a campus that is not in their feeder zone. It is the complete opposite for an average grade student who is not an athlete living off Saul Kleinfield or Eastlake Blvd that decides they want to go to Hanks or Bel Air, YISD would welcome them with open arms.

Lol this dude saying ysleta cheats lol. Stop it. We are open enrollment period.

1 2
w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m