EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Greatest NFL player in El Paso history

At this point I would say either Aaron jones or don Maynard, what say you all?

Re: Greatest NFL player in El Paso history

Go_tbirds1968
At this point I would say either Aaron jones or don Maynard, what say you all?
Well one plays with the GOAT that is why he's doing good, put him on another team he won't be doing as good as he is. But don't forget about the QB from DV who's is the starting college QB for Colorado he might be a starting QB for an NFL Team.

I would say that Rodgers definitely elevates Aaron Jones, but I think you could most definitely make the argument that jones elevates Rodgers as well in his old age. As for Montez I definitely see him getting drafted next May, not necessarily in the first round but in the 3-5 range. Could be a good qb to groom in the right system. I really hope he ends up with a team with an older qb like rivers, brady or brees so that he can be groomed like a garrapolo or brissett

35 isn’t old for a QB in today’s NFL. Rodgers still has 4-5 years of prime NFL years.

Dang why can't we just say jones is good why do we do this to ourselves as a city like no one from here is worthy of being good without the help of someone else.

So one is in the Pro Football Hall of Fame and the other is just in his 3rd year and has 1576 career rushing yards. I think we should slow down a bit before we say Jones is the best NFL player ever from El Paso. Not bashing him at all, but geez. Comparing him to a HOF player is a tad bit premature.

I'm not arguing the resumes what bothers me is folks saying things like well jones is only good because of Rodgers. Luke what did the kid do to you. He gives a lot back to our community and is balling right now. B

The Packer Team elevates Jones, don't think it would be the same if he was with the Dolphins.

The Packer Team elevates Jones, don't think it would be the same if he was with the Dolphins.

But Aaron Jones did great with the stinky Utep Miners so I say Aaron Jones would have been great with any stinky NFL team.

this is true. I do like Jones and have nothing against him. Look where Aaron is at and where Alvin is... it all comes down to the team

Edgar
The Packer Team elevates Jones, don\'t think it would be the same if he was with the Dolphins.

But Aaron Jones did great with the stinky Utep Miners so I say Aaron Jones would have been great with any stinky NFL team.
Exactly he is doing his part. Alvin wasn't the player aaron was in hs or college. So the Alvin aaron comparison is nul and void

People, people....RELAX!!!

ALL IT MATTERS IS THAT MY BOY AARON JONES BEAT THE CRAP OF THE CACABOYS!!!!

HAHAHAHAHA 😂🤣

Haha
People, people....RELAX!!!

ALL IT MATTERS IS THAT MY BOY AARON JONES BEAT THE CRAP OF THE CACABOYS!!!!

HAHAHAHAHA 😂🤣

Lol

I would have to say Ray Mickens of Don Maynard....If Jones makes it 8 to 10 years in the NFL, I will put him right up there with them.

I would have to say Ray Mickens of Don Maynard....If Jones makes it 8 to 10 years in the NFL, I will put him right up there with them.
Ray Mickens of Don Maynard are El Paso legends no doubt about that but as far as putting the city of El Paso in the spotlight on national television on all top rated sports networks Aaron Jones is the greatest by far. No need for 8 to 10 years as Aaron Jones has already done it.

He will no doubt ake it 8 years barring injury he is a starter with great production on a playoff caliber team.

TheTruth
Ray Mickens of Don Maynard are El Paso legends no doubt about that but as far as putting the city of El Paso in the spotlight on national television on all top rated sports networks Aaron Jones is the greatest by far. No need for 8 to 10 years as Aaron Jones has already done it.
Thank you.

They may not be from El Paso, Seth Joyner, Chris Jackie, Tony Tolbert all played here for UTEP, I saw them all. There are others that played in the NFL but these guys stood out. Don Maynard a given, Aaron Jones will be. But if you don't do your research those two are the only ones anyone will ever hear about.

Don Maynard was not a product of El Paso High School Football. So my list is 1. Aaron Jones 2. Ray Mickens 3. Billy DAvis 4. Bryan Young 5. Paul Smith

No stansbury

No stansbury
Stansbury played in one NFL game.

Where does John Skelton rank as far as El Paso HS football players who have played in the NFL?

Deion Flanders
No stansbury
Stansbury played in one NFL game.
Is that really it. Why did I think it was several seasons

Just read a story by felix Chavez. There are some guys we missed apparently

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m