​​​​​​​
EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hot Seat?

With 1 week t go, which coaches do u think are on the hot seat?

Re: Hot Seat?

Coronado
Socorro
Franklin
Pebble hills
El dorado
Chapin

Franklin is 7-2 and has been hit hard with injuries, get a clue man.

I'm not saying its justified. I'm saying what it is. Franklin fan base and community is crazy.

I honestly think that the only coach on the hotseat is Coronado's.

The Soco coach is year one so he's anout 2 years out if he sticks around. Lastly⁰ Eldo's coach if he has another year like this one

FCGriffins
I honestly think that the only coach on the hotseat is Coronado's.

The Soco coach is year one so he's anout 2 years out if he sticks around. Lastly⁰ Eldo's coach if he has another year like this one
I agree with you on this one. You can't put a coach on the hot seat in year 1, especially when the program has been down for a decade. Give him a chance to try and build a culture and put his stamp on the school before you get rid of him and start all over again. From what I have seen I agree with Coronado being on the hot seat. Anderson has been there for some time now and he has had some success. I understand that you're not going to be top dogs every year especially with how and where El Paso is growing. I don't think that he should be fired if they do not make the playoffs this year. El Dorado, I definitely believe that some heat should be put on and if next year there is more mediocrity and they cannot get into the playoffs then some changes need to be made there.

The only two I believe are on "the hot seat" are Chapin and Coronado. Thing is Chapin is in the playoffs and so will Coronado with a win over Pebble Hills.

Hot seat doesnt necessarily mean like they will get fired tomorrow. Could mean they are put on notice. Example. Jason garret is always on the hot seat.

I'll give Rudy Contreras 3 years (2 seasons after this one is done) depending on the UIL realignment, if he can't get his varsity squad past Eastwood and Eastlake then in my opinion, it's time for Del Valle to look for another head coach. The realignment might save him though,only time will tell.

Have lived in El Paso all my life and read these threads for entertainment. But this one is the most entertaining. When was the last time a coach was fired for being dismal, it doesn't happen here. This city is not that type of culture, you all live in East Texas football fantasy land.

Well the coaches are just pressured into quitting.

El Dorado's coaching staff:

Last game against Chapin, 2nd and long while the game was still close, they call timeout, the come and their backup sophomore quarterback looks to the sideline, takes the snap and clocks it on second and long, thats a fire-able offense.

Coronado
Socorro
Franklin
Pebble hills
El dorado
Chapin
EP High?

Eyes_From_The_Box
El Dorado's coaching staff:

Last game against Chapin, 2nd and long while the game was still close, they call timeout, the come and their backup sophomore quarterback looks to the sideline, takes the snap and clocks it on second and long, thats a fire-able offense.
That whole thing was a mess. They should've promoted from within, especially with how things happened so quickly and after going through spring ball. But, the way El Dorado is looking and playing is just unacceptable. Changes should be made there quickly, I give him one more year, and if they are not in the playoffs then pack it up. You cannot go from Co-District champions in 6A to missing the playoffs 3 times in 5A.

At this point I think anderson just needs a better coaching staff. Milton Romero is a fine defensive coordinator, but this new offensive coordinator has completely wasted having talents like burns, Cox and carney. Such a shame. Hopefully our offensive coordinator is canned, and we can get a new staff and revamp that area. Because by golly it’s just been bad. Anderson no matter his personality can lead a program, but when he doesn’t have a good staff he gets completely exposed. I am calling for a new offensive coordinator for the T-Birds

No one wants to work for Anderson, he believes in very long hours and that isnt necessary with Hudl. He hasnt had a full staff in years! Look who he gets as coordinators, guys that bounce around or guys that the game has passed by....

Hearing something is brewing with SISD this year.

Abethagr8
Hearing something is brewing with SISD this year.
What could possibly be brewin gwith sisd. Come on ur in the know let us know.

Famaligi is good
Melton is good
Socorro coach brand new good
Rodriguez just won district good
Torres good (status quo just average)
Teles would be the only one and he is in his second year

Whats up with Chapin? For Real. They've had more college signings and Division 1 kids over the past couple years than almost anyone. How do you lose with that level of talent? I don't know if Bowie has had a Divison 1 kid since Chapin opened and Chapin has had multiple.

Have you seen chapin play. They suck, they dont have any god players on this team minus 1 offensive lineman and they still managed to get into the playoffs. Hernandez is fine he has won enough

2-7 is sorry. How can that even be acceptable for playoff contention?

Spot on.

El Paso High...0-10!!!

Romero simply has the title of DC. Anderson calls the defense.

EPFB Fan
Have lived in El Paso all my life and read these threads for entertainment. But this one is the most entertaining. When was the last time a coach was fired for being dismal, it doesn't happen here. This city is not that type of culture, you all live in East Texas football fantasy land.
Yup.

It’s simple, they finished 4th

FBALL
Romero simply has the title of DC. Anderson calls the defense.
In my experience with them they both were calling plays

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m