​​​​​​​
EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Decision - Riverside moves to 4A

Lol a team cant upt down you clowns. Why would they opt up either? If they have 4a enrollment they belong with 4a schools simple. Coach isnt even the one who makes the choice to move up a division. Its the school district then the uil decides wether they will let then or not. You cant opt down ever.. just one up thats it

No one ever said up...Dang IGNORANCE! That's why our city is full of illiterate people. Can't even read. Of course GENIUS the coach doesn't make the sole decision but a large majority of the decision rests on his shoulders. Boy...Glad you arent an assistant @Riverside...or maybe you are?

Hey LeatherHEAD, read the first post again and you will see you are the one that can’t read ! It says the coach decided to move to 4-A .......coach had an option to remain or move down....... decided to move down. Does it say up! No. But by reading and using context clues it is implied that by staying 5-A that that is ‘“UP” from 4-A. What are you reading???
1. Schools can not move up to a classification where they do not have the numbers.
2. Schools may choose to stay where they are at, even when there numbers say they should be classified as a lower division. This would pertain to Riverside.
However, schools usually choose an option like this when tremendous amounts of travel is involved.
3. With Riverside moving into a 4-A district it will be nearby teams and consist of 5 teams. There is really no reason to stay 5-A. Remember, we have a classification system for a reason.....to compete against schools your own size.
4. Sorry, the majority of the decision does not rest on the fb coach. This entire move impacts not only every single sports team but all UIL entities from ROTC, band, academic events etc.... you want ALL your students to be able to compete on an equal level.
5. Chapin was 5-A and made playoffs with 2 wins LeatherHEAD. Does not only happen in lower levels.
6. Let ALL kids have a chance to compete and get over this complex of lower levels is just not worth it, or exciting, or whatever! Tell that to San Eli soccer and their State Championships. Tell that to San Eli cross country and their State Championships. Tell that to the girl from Tornillo who just finished in the top tier of State Cross Country and is only a freshman. Tell that to the kid who played bb at Anthony and now plays JC ball at Ranger for Gillespie and is considered a top JC prospect. Tell that to Clint who went to final four in hoops in early 90’s.

As for CosmoKramer, read previous post and understand why they don’t stay 5-A. Calling them a quitter in non sense.

Dude you are on drugs? Falconfeather I was at one of the meetings with ou coaches. We can remain on 5A that doesnt mean up duma**...excuses, excuses we stunk this year but we tried hard. The reality is no one cares about 4A duma**...Kids dont do drugs and dont use falconfeathers...what a loser.

Dude...dude..no one cares..no one no matter how high your blood pressure gets Falcon...No One Cares about soccer and tennis..polo...falcon feathering..or whatever sport you say is great at the 4A. Simple as that Falconitis...you may not have ever played football to understand this. Ask anyone who speaks the truth...4A is almost a step away from middle school or 7 on 7...

My son plays football for Riverside.
This year at 4-6 was better than last year, however there is a lot to fix in the football program for next year. Moving to 4A was a dissapointment I have to admit, no matter how rosy anyone paints it. 4A football or any sport is not very exciting. It is what it is, parents have very little say in the football program.

RangerSafety
Dude...dude..no one cares..no one no matter how high your blood pressure gets Falcon...No One Cares about soccer and tennis..polo...falcon feathering..or whatever sport you say is great at the 4A. Simple as that Falconitis...you may not have ever played football to understand this. Ask anyone who speaks the truth...4A is almost a step away from middle school or 7 on 7...
It’s funny you say that. I guarantee the Rangers wouldn’t have even won the 4A district this year. Only shows you what level they play at.

Fact is their enrollment isn’t good enough for 5A. Play on a level that you can compete at.

You have all the answers New Year. Where were you on our sideline when we were on the verge of the playoffs vs. Hanks. We needed you, you have all the answers. Maybe you can be our coach NEXT YEAR?

As for CosmoKramer, read previous post and understand why they don’t stay 5-A. Calling them a quitter in non sense.

RangerSafety and FootballSpin get real. There is more to life than FB. Delusional FB people. You go stand up in front of parents and athletes of other sports and tell them that you nor anyone else cares about them or there sports!
Let’s stay 5-A and barely beat a 4-A team in San Elizario by 7. Oh and by the way, they finished 0-3 in your new district for the next two years. Let’s lose 38-7 to 4-A Fort Stockton, a team that did not even make the play-offs in 4-A! Guess all those middle school football teams that finished ahead of Fort Stockton aren’t that bad after all. You had great win against Cathedral who as one of their 4 mighty victories this yr was a forfeit against Cloudcroft! They also shared a victory over over San Elizario.

How about focusing on developing a 4-A power over the next few years and expounding some positive energy within the Ranger Community!

RangerSafety
You have all the answers New Year. Where were you on our sideline when we were on the verge of the playoffs vs. Hanks. We needed you, you have all the answers. Maybe you can be our coach NEXT YEAR?
Fact is your team will be 4A next year. Since it is middle school football they should win every game by 50 points and win state.

Oh how nice a NewYear picking on some football players..what a man...

Am I reading correct..New Year talking down to some teenagers.???.. just because they prove you wrong? Boy you have a short fuse don't you..real brave...

ChrisDisman
Am I reading correct..New Year talking down to some teenagers.???.. just because they prove you wrong? Boy you have a short fuse don't you..real brave...
I’m not taking anyone down. Bunch of guys are saying 4A is like middle school football. Who’s talking bad huh!? Just saying, they’ll have a chance to prove it on the field next year.

So many sensitive men nowadays. Don’t get your feelings hurt!

No one cares about NewYear's lack of info..No cares about Riverside football, its a washed out program...and SURELY NO ONE CARES ABOUT 4A football...So quit making you all important. Stick to your cosmetology program @Riverside and call it a blessing.

Dang...that is going to hit some nerves boy! But ...sadly..true. Men or women need to find some mates from east texas and move to El Paso.

Xmas_football2020
Dang...that is going to hit some nerves boy! But ...sadly..true. Men or women need to find some mates from east texas and move to El Paso.
I am sure I am going to catch some flak but It is time for the Riverside "faithful" to move on. The school is down to 4a numbers
and those poor kids have been beaten down for the last few years. It is just the way of things. The neighborhood is a dying
area with not very much growth. Riverside may have had a good run going maybe 15 years ago but it will not be what it used to be and
that is OK. High School football is pretty avg anyway but at least kids should have a chance to compete at a level that is equal.
The last time I saw the Riverside varsity had less than 40 players. Let the kids have some fun maybe extend their season a couple of weeks
and end up with some good memories

Interesting forum...I am new here..I am an old man who was a decent football player and coach...way way back. So anyhow..I here on the chat had good old days ...so River side was a good football school did they reach playoff runs to the east or regionals? I played @Childress and coached at El Campo Ricebirds...great programs and many players that played at the next level..but again that was a long time ago...So is River Side one of the elite schools here in west texas? We never played anyone from west texas when I played...and when I coached it was hard to play teams out west. We played teams from Florida and California, Oklahoma also...but dont recall west texas. Great chat forum guys. All the best to all. - Dean F

LeatherHEAD
No one ever said up...Dang IGNORANCE! That's why our city is full of illiterate people. Can't even read. Of course GENIUS the coach doesn't make the sole decision but a large majority of the decision rests on his shoulders. Boy...Glad you arent an assistant @Riverside...or maybe you are?
Lol youre the one who cant read. What a clown you dont even know what youre saying, you literally said the coach made the choice. Also yall really think 4a is bad? I can assure you a team like wf hirshi can come here and beat 99% of el paso. Or a team like dumas or Lubbock Estacado. Yall are delusional. Thats just some region 1 examples. Saying 4a football is bad just shows how little yall know. If 4a was so bad riverside wouldnt lose to current 4a schools.

99% wow...El Paso schools must stink...the dSkies from hirs? Wow...interesting..they are a decent team 500 this year but not a 4A true powerhouse...you may not have all your facts straight. But I give you a swam upa...lol...or afinidal...springwood is decent too dumas...ahhh i think you are just name tossing. But you think paso is that bad hugh? You are 'skittling on d Skates'bro...you go ..you clown...lol

6Ais _King
99% wow...El Paso schools must stink...the dSkies from hirs? Wow...interesting..they are a decent team 500 this year but not a 4A true powerhouse...you may not have all your facts straight. But I give you a swam upa...lol...or afinidal...springwood is decent too dumas...ahhh i think you are just name tossing. But you think paso is that bad hugh? You are 'skittling on d Skates'bro...you go ..you clown...lol
Yes ik hirshi is just a .500 4a club, what does that say? That same club beat frenship. What does that say? The best el paso team barely beat frenship by 1. I dont like to daisy chaining but i said what i said. A 4a team can come here and run the table on all but maybe 3 teams in el paso. Since these clowns think 4a is weak. Tell thay to plc or callalen who will be 4a next year

For context, plc (#3)and callalen #8are top 8 in the state 5ad2 ranking all that while technically being 4a clubs. In 5ad1 Corpus Christi miller is top 10 in the state in their class while playing with 4a enrollment numbers. But 4a is weak lol

Oh you kids are cute...saying Callahan and etc
East Texas teams...lets help you put thibgs in perspective...yes 4A in east texas is a different animal than west Texas...why are you spotlighting east texas teams? 915 teams will never get that far? Why dont you mention west texas 4A instead?...O I dont know your area..I live by Georgetown. So my question to anyone who knows and speaks truths. Is 4A in El Paso a top tier division?

6Ais _King
Oh you kids are cute...saying Callahan and etc
East Texas teams...lets help you put thibgs in perspective...yes 4A in east texas is a different animal than west Texas...why are you spotlighting east texas teams? 915 teams will never get that far? Why dont you mention west texas 4A instead?...O I dont know your area..I live by Georgetown. So my question to anyone who knows and speaks truths. Is 4A in El Paso a top tier division?
I literally brought up 3 west texas teams before that comment you clown. Estacado, hirshchi and dumas. Want another one? Greenwood in midland , the list goes on. Point is 4a is not close to backyard football or whatever these clowns called it and riverside will be better off in 4a where they belong

Suggestion: Make Riverside HS into a Middle School and shuttle all high school kids to Ysleta. Ummmm ?

You are really passionate about 4A aren't you...its a bit strange why you lobby for the division soooo much. Maybe a school trauma from the past??. Lol- I think all divisions are great, don't feel one is better than the other. Football is football.

You are really passionate about 4A aren't you...its a bit strange why you lobby for the division soooo much. Maybe a school trauma from the past??. Lol- I think all divisions are great, don't feel one is better than the other. Football is football.
Thats what im trying to get at lol. Some dudes here think lower divisions arent good. Anything over 3ad1 is still good football. 3ad2 and under is also good but just too mismatched and one player can take over the whole game

During the year I posted Maxpreps rankings for El Paso County schools. I looked up the teams each El Paso county team is playing in area round and MT View and Clint played teams ranked higher than Americas. I think Americas is at 66 while Decatur is 40 something and Springtown is 50 something. There is some good football in all levels.

I know this is an old post. But I find it funny how some posters on here trashed 4-A and under football. Some even calling it middle school level FB. Funny thing is that this upcoming weekend Texas High Schools will be represented in the NFL Divisional Championships with 24 players. 7 of those are from 4-A and 3-A ranks! One poster even trashed Big Spring. Tannehill went there. Not bad for MS football.

FalconFeather
I know this is an old post. But I find it funny how some posters on here trashed 4-A and under football. Some even calling it middle school level FB. Funny thing is that this upcoming weekend Texas High Schools will be represented in the NFL Divisional Championships with 24 players. 7 of those are from 4-A and 3-A ranks! One poster even trashed Big Spring. Tannehill went there. Not bad for MS football.
I’ll just say that some of the schools were probably in the old 4A. I know back when Tannehill went to Big Spring they were in the old 4A, which is 5A now.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m