EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Round 2

There aint nothing for them redneck fathers to do in that side of the map except train their kids and talk about their glory days after getting out of the ol dairy mill. El Paso has many schools and a lot more to offer it's residents than the ol annual hog roasting. Parkland probably will shut a few of you east texas *******es tho. Canutillo went to the final 4 a few years back. Stop the nonsense

6Ais _King
MARK THIS COMMENT...bookmark it..screenshot it...make a tatoo out of it...no one will advance from 915 area code. Its all east texas...one El Paso is out of the picture..that's when the playoffs begin...East Texas has always ruled and will continue the trend. Why? Why you ask? Why does El Paso always lose? 2 things kids...and whispering...don't tell anyone I told you...2 things that seperates us...east of odessa and midland...2 things your coaches and players have failed to understand...1. Nutrition and genetics builds big strong athletes...2. Work ethic. The coaches here in East Texas are mere facilators. The players take matters on their own time and will. Transform the body and mind. Coaches in West Texas are PE teachers.
Let's just be clear. Dallas and houston is what he's referring to as east texas. Dont claim the entire state when it's a few power house teams that bounce the titles back and forth. It's not el paso against the rest of the state. It's the rest of the state against these few schools that recruit have open enrollment and everything else. If a football season is judged off of a state title there are hundreds of schools that come up short. This really probably is a post by a salty el pason who's kid is at home already because folks from the power house schools arent worried about ep gridiron trust me lololololol

pretty much right El Paso schools are not different than most schools in the state. The Highland Parks,
Aledos, Denton Ryans are dominating the state right now, Canutillo was a once that one team every 20 to 25 years
that just had a great year and a good draw. El Paso it no closer ow than it was 20 to 30 years ago but I guess that it ok.
It fives the kids something to do for the fall now on to Basketball

robbie
pretty much right El Paso schools are not different than most schools in the state. The Highland Parks,
Aledos, Denton Ryans are dominating the state right now, Canutillo was a once that one team every 20 to 25 years
that just had a great year and a good draw. El Paso it no closer ow than it was 20 to 30 years ago but I guess that it ok.
From 1980 to 2000 no El Paso team beat an out of town playoff opponent. Andress tied and advanced with Mickens. That was it. Teams in the area have come a long way but there’s still some progress that can be made!

Nothing but haters

So...I'm 23 yrs old...did a few sprinkles of a$$ wopping during my hs days against some el paso schools during my time. And the sting I see is still reeling...lol...so I thought the post would help you all but NOOOOO...the IQ is still not very high I see...perhaps maybe affecting the playbooks??? So anyway..I have friends here and I love this post forum. Entertaining to hear all the frustrations..yr after year...and dallas houston are mot the only winners...its all over the north and southern easter belt of texas...El Paso will never play a down in a state championship game..never. its not written to pass...lol

NewYear
robbie
From 1980 to 2000 no El Paso team beat an out of town playoff opponent. Andress tied and advanced with Mickens. That was it. Teams in the area have come a long way but there’s still some progress that can be made!
Teams that have beat out of town opponents in the play offs

This year
Mountain view
Clint
Americas

In the recent past
Coronado
Franklin
Montwood
Americas
Parkland
Eastlake
Burges
Eastwood

6Ais _King
So...I'm 23 yrs old...did a few sprinkles of a$$ wopping during my hs days against some el paso schools during my time. And the sting I see is still reeling...lol...so I thought the post would help you all but NOOOOO...the IQ is still not very high I see...perhaps maybe affecting the playbooks??? So anyway..I have friends here and I love this post forum. Entertaining to hear all the frustrations..yr after year...and dallas houston are mot the only winners...its all over the north and southern easter belt of texas...El Paso will never play a down in a state championship game..never. its not written to pass...lol
Againnlist the non dfw or houston state contenders. I guarantee you have never been a part of a state title. Those are passed around between a few schools everyone else is in the same boat as el paso. Have a good day el paso salty coach or parent what ever you are.

I only see Parkland as having a chance to advance. BUT, they need to play D. You need Defense to win.

915 playoffs
Americas vs. Arlington Colts

Parkland vs. Wichita Falls

Burges vs. Lubbock cooper

Canutillo vs. Randall

Hanks vs. Rider raiders

Mountain View vs. Decatur

Clint vs. Spring town

Who advances?
My picks:

Americas vs. Arlington Colts= Americas

Parkland vs. Wichita Falls= Parklamd

Burges vs. Lubbock cooper= Lubbock cooper

Canutillo vs. Randall= Canutillo

Hanks vs. Rider raiders= Hanks (upset pick)

Mountain View vs. Decatur= Decatur

Clint vs. Spring town-= Spring town

Best of luck to all remaining teams in the playoffs! Great job so far, but keep your eyes on the prize and take care of your business. All you can control is what you do...alignment, assignment, technique...do your job and the rest will take care of itself. Trust your coaches, trust your teammates, and trust your ability to get the job done. If you do that then good things will happen. There has to be a winner, and there has to be a loser...do your job and you will have no regrets. GOOD LUCK EL PASO!!!!

nostradamus
Best of luck to all remaining teams in the playoffs! Great job so far, but keep your eyes on the prize and take care of your business. All you can control is what you do...alignment, assignment, technique...do your job and the rest will take care of itself. Trust your coaches, trust your teammates, and trust your ability to get the job done. If you do that then good things will happen. There has to be a winner, and there has to be a loser...do your job and you will have no regrets. GOOD LUCK EL PASO!!!!
Well said Nos!! Just too add to that tho, boys dont be intimidated by size, small & fast or big & strong it's all about your mentality. You have to have the attitude of I cant be beat. Pick your brothers up every down. Praise him him he do good, encourage him he screws up. Like Nos said it's all about doing your job with confidence. If you do that, win or lose you'll walk of that Gridiron with your head held high knowing that you gave it your all. EP STRONG!!!!

Locations/times?

If you were at the game, Americas got a few favorable calls and spotting of the ball.

6Ais _King
MARK THIS COMMENT...bookmark it..screenshot it...make a tatoo out of it...no one will advance from 915 area code. Its all east texas...one El Paso is out of the picture..that's when the playoffs begin...East Texas has always ruled and will continue the trend. Why? Why you ask? Why does El Paso always lose? 2 things kids...and whispering...don't tell anyone I told you...2 things that seperates us...east of odessa and midland...2 things your coaches and players have failed to understand...1. Nutrition and genetics builds big strong athletes...2. Work ethic. The coaches here in East Texas are mere facilators. The players take matters on their own time and will. Transform the body and mind. Coaches in West Texas are PE teachers.
Idk from what ive seen el paso teams definitely have the size and speed to compete. The demographics too. So i dont think thats the reason

Panhandle
If you were at the game, Americas got a few favorable calls and spotting of the ball.
I did watch the game. And the placement of the ball was off the entire game, but not in Americas favor. I was watching the game with several refs and time and again they stated that the ball placement was incorrect. And there were several holding penalties that were not called against Friendship. So all in all the calls went Friendships way. That's how it goes. It wasn't a perfectly officiated game, but it wasn't the worse I've ever seen. Both sides played hard and it didn't come down to the refs, it came down to the players making plays at the end.

NewYear
robbie
The reason for this is do to the evolution of football. From 1980-2000 it was all about power football, run first offensive schemes which El Paso has never had the size in players to be able to run those offensive schemes. After 2000, the evolution changed to pass happy spread offensive schemes. El Paso has always had fast smaller players that fit this way of playing.

On the 2 point conversion for Americas, #22 hips clearly hit the ground before the pile moved over the goal line. And some third down conversions for Americas were very questionable. Ummm

Panhandle
On the 2 point conversion for Americas, #22 hips clearly hit the ground before the pile moved over the goal line. And some third down conversions for Americas were very questionable. Ummm
Did americas not rush for like 500 yards your head coach and defensive coordinator need to be fired. Without the qb frenship is bottom.of the barrel so since he's graduating welcome back to the bottom

It was a very good game. To bad that the Refs had to help Americas with the win. You should request the same officials for the Arlington game.

Panhandle
It was a very good game. To bad that the Refs had to help Americas with the win. You should request the same officials for the Arlington game.
So you know refs for the playoffs dont come from the areas where either team is from correct. And I ask again didn't yall give up like 500 rushing how does that happen.

Panhandle
Can't you come up with new material. I saw you comment the same thing on another thread. Here's a thought, stop worrying about El Paso teams and worry about your mighty Panhandle team.

You know the Refs gave you some first downs and the 2 points. Period!

Panhandle
You know the Refs gave you some first downs and the 2 points. Period!
Man go and get in yalls warm up lines its basketball season

Not exactly. After 2000 two things happen in El Paso. The major beef up of both the military and federal agencies. We have many kids going to El Paso High schools that weren't born in El Paso but are kids that parents relocated due to the military or government job. Nothing wrong with that, it has help us improve and compete little better.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m