​​​​​​​
EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Playoff results

Playoff failure.....again. I have said this before and will again in the future by the way things are going here in EP football. 10-0 or 9-1 seasons are nice but we need, playoff wins. 10-0 or 10-1 teams can not lose to 5-6 or 4-7 teams. It should be unacceptable. Are we ok with just winning in El Paso. Is it ok to have 10 to 15 seasons of winning vs El Paso teams and not make any noise in the playoffs. I believe this is what might be wrong with our programs in EP. Coaches should be in the hot seat if they dont win playoff games. You got coaches with 10 plus years of no playoff success or wins, but its ok because they have "Winning Programs". I dont think the rest of the state see El Paso Teams as winning programs.....See ya next year.

Re: Playoff results

Playoff failure.....again. I have said this before and will again in the future by the way things are going here in EP football. 10-0 or 9-1 seasons are nice but we need, playoff wins. 10-0 or 10-1 teams can not lose to 5-6 or 4-7 teams. It should be unacceptable. Are we ok with just winning in El Paso. Is it ok to have 10 to 15 seasons of winning vs El Paso teams and not make any noise in the playoffs. I believe this is what might be wrong with our programs in EP. Coaches should be in the hot seat if they dont win playoff games. You got coaches with 10 plus years of no playoff success or wins, but its ok because they have "Winning Programs". I dont think the rest of the state see El Paso Teams as winning programs.....See ya next year.
You are correct that once again El Paso has not had success in the playoffs again. But lets just not put the coaches on the hot seat, how about the systemic problem with sports here in the city. The leaders of the school districts should take some blame as well. We had three teams travel to Midland and not one district was willing to pay for them to stay the night prior. Arlington High, the team Americas played was there two days prior to the game, why couldn't SISD pay for one night. I'm not saying that they would have one in any of the cases, but when you have kids getting right off a bus and play then that's and issue. In a regular season don district game is one thing, but this is the playoffs. Bigger challenge, bigger opportunity. The leaders in the districts don't understand that. We are on these threads going back and forth about coaches, players, strength of schedule, refs, to many schools, and etc. But the issues are in the entire system and how sports are viewed and the amount of importance placed on them. I understand to educators sports are not as important so winning a state championship isn't on the top of their list of priorities, but you have to give these players a chance to compete when they have a chance.

Well said and agree. The other systematic problem is feeder schools, give this a thought I bet if you were to talk to the head high school coaches they would tell you that their feeder schools are not in line with their offensive/defensive schemes. The middle school caoches run their programs to win, pad their resumes, and look good so that when a higher poisition comes up they look good and get the job. That would probably be a big jump in development of players, cause I am willing to bet that most of the kids in the feeder schools end up going to the high school they feed. And also lets face the fact that El Paso is more of a poor community that doesn't have the resources to put into their athletic or fine arts programs.

Ike
Playoff failure.....again. I have said this before and will again in the future by the way things are going here in EP football. 10-0 or 9-1 seasons are nice but we need, playoff wins. 10-0 or 10-1 teams can not lose to 5-6 or 4-7 teams. It should be unacceptable. Are we ok with just winning in El Paso. Is it ok to have 10 to 15 seasons of winning vs El Paso teams and not make any noise in the playoffs. I believe this is what might be wrong with our programs in EP. Coaches should be in the hot seat if they dont win playoff games. You got coaches with 10 plus years of no playoff success or wins, but its ok because they have \"Winning Programs\". I dont think the rest of the state see El Paso Teams as winning programs.....See ya next year.
You are correct that once again El Paso has not had success in the playoffs again. But lets just not put the coaches on the hot seat, how about the systemic problem with sports here in the city. The leaders of the school districts should take some blame as well. We had three teams travel to Midland and not one district was willing to pay for them to stay the night prior. Arlington High, the team Americas played was there two days prior to the game, why couldn't SISD pay for one night. I'm not saying that they would have one in any of the cases, but when you have kids getting right off a bus and play then that's and issue. In a regular season don district game is one thing, but this is the playoffs. Bigger challenge, bigger opportunity. The leaders in the districts don't understand that. We are on these threads going back and forth about coaches, players, strength of schedule, refs, to many schools, and etc. But the issues are in the entire system and how sports are viewed and the amount of importance placed on them. I understand to educators sports are not as important so winning a state championship isn't on the top of their list of priorities, but you have to give these players a chance to compete when they have a chance.
Just a FYI Arlington High left Arlington at 6am the morning if the game. America’s were a quality opponent. No need to be harsh about Ep teams. We played Montwood a couple years ago and they were very explosive. In my mind Arlington won because they kept #22 in check most of the game and y’all could not throw well enough to force them out of there def game plan. Also Arlington has faced several very good teams that run the ball and were able to limit the run game. Take Martin for instance they are a 3rd round team and beat the Colts but were held to 135 total yards. Winning in the playoffs is hard after the first round. Good luck in the future

FOU
Ike
Playoff failure.....again. I have said this before and will again in the future by the way things are going here in EP football. 10-0 or 9-1 seasons are nice but we need, playoff wins. 10-0 or 10-1 teams can not lose to 5-6 or 4-7 teams. It should be unacceptable. Are we ok with just winning in El Paso. Is it ok to have 10 to 15 seasons of winning vs El Paso teams and not make any noise in the playoffs. I believe this is what might be wrong with our programs in EP. Coaches should be in the hot seat if they dont win playoff games. You got coaches with 10 plus years of no playoff success or wins, but its ok because they have \\\"Winning Programs\\\". I dont think the rest of the state see El Paso Teams as winning programs.....See ya next year.
You are correct that once again El Paso has not had success in the playoffs again. But lets just not put the coaches on the hot seat, how about the systemic problem with sports here in the city. The leaders of the school districts should take some blame as well. We had three teams travel to Midland and not one district was willing to pay for them to stay the night prior. Arlington High, the team Americas played was there two days prior to the game, why couldn\'t SISD pay for one night. I\'m not saying that they would have one in any of the cases, but when you have kids getting right off a bus and play then that\'s and issue. In a regular season don district game is one thing, but this is the playoffs. Bigger challenge, bigger opportunity. The leaders in the districts don\'t understand that. We are on these threads going back and forth about coaches, players, strength of schedule, refs, to many schools, and etc. But the issues are in the entire system and how sports are viewed and the amount of importance placed on them. I understand to educators sports are not as important so winning a state championship isn\'t on the top of their list of priorities, but you have to give these players a chance to compete when they have a chance.
Just a FYI Arlington High left Arlington at 6am the morning if the game. America’s were a quality opponent. No need to be harsh about Ep teams. We played Montwood a couple years ago and they were very explosive. In my mind Arlington won because they kept #22 in check most of the game and y’all could not throw well enough to force them out of there def game plan. Also Arlington has faced several very good teams that run the ball and were able to limit the run game. Take Martin for instance they are a 3rd round team and beat the Colts but were held to 135 total yards. Winning in the playoffs is hard after the first round. Good luck in the future
Yup americas losing to a dfw team is nothing to be ashamed of. They played well for the most part but the sub 6a teams losing is bad. Embarrassing

No El Paso teams playing today. Nothing new.

Qbert
No El Paso teams playing today. Nothing new.
Ladies and gentlemen let me introduce you to state winner q bert

Denton Ryan 58 Abilene Cooper 20

Lubbock Cooper 58 Canyon Randall 14
Wichita Falls Rider 56 Wichita Falls 20

Last week
Del Valle lost to Abilene Cooper
Burges lost to Lubbock Cooper
Hanks lost to Wichita Falls Rider
Canutillo lost to Randall
Parkland lost to Wichita Falls

😂

Shut up man. You’re sorry. Why don’t you go run a program. Bunch of nobodies on here always crying and complaining. Do something about it instead of spending half your days on the internet.

Yoooo
Shut up man. You’re sorry. Why don’t you go run a program. Bunch of nobodies on here always crying and complaining. Do something about it instead of spending half your days on the internet.
Youre in the same place.

Yoooo
You’re on here too! Go watch some film coach.

NewYear
Yoooo
Playoff failure.....again. I have said this before and will again in the future by the way things are going here in EP football. 10-0 or 9-1 seasons are nice but we need, playoff wins. 10-0 or 10-1 teams can not lose to 5-6 or 4-7 teams. It should be unacceptable. Are we ok with just winning in El Paso. Is it ok to have 10 to 15 seasons of winning vs El Paso teams and not make any noise in the playoffs. I believe this is what might be wrong with our programs in EP. Coaches should be in the hot seat if they dont win playoff games. You got coaches with 10 plus years of no playoff success or wins, but its ok because they have \"Winning Programs\". I dont think the rest of the state see El Paso Teams as winning programs.....See ya next year.
You’re on here too! Go watch some film coach.
Lol

Yep, Americas was a one man show, with Refs.

Still sent your underachieving ass back to Lubbock...lol

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m