EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: What would El Paso Football be without FT Bliss?

Qbert
What would El Paso football be without FT Bliss? It would be the same which is usually no EL Paso teams playing after thanksgiving.
But didn't you win state

Two things happen in El Paso that have help its football programs grow. The military growing and mass hiring of government employees has brought many kids to El Paso that have improve programs around our city. This happen in the early 2000's, that's why I believe teams have had more success against out of town teams. This is good for not just our high school football but our city.

Ima say this though. The perennial best teams are not teams full of military kids.

Ima say this though. The perennial best teams are not teams full of military kids.
Example how many military kids did montwood franklin americas have this year. A handful?

Those other teams in the state that are doing good is due to other reasons other than military or money in the city, GENETICS; coaching; offseason and during season training, kids playing at a young age with solid programs which is being shown in EP lately. Yes military families and economic status has something to do with it but its a small percentage; let's look at last years title winners:

6A DIV 2: Longview population: 80K (2010); median income family: 42K
6A DIV 1: Galena Park North Shore population: 10K (2010); median income family: 34K
5A DIV 1: Dallas Highland Park population: 9K (est. 2018); median income: 200K ------ we all know this town/school is full of money and runs the UIL
5A DIV 2: Aledo population: 4K (est. 2018); median income: 56K
4A DIV 1: Waco (Bellmead) La Vega population: 9K (2010); median income 34K
4A DIV 2: Cuero population: 8K (est. 2018); median income: 29K

El Paso population: 682K (not including the metro area); median income: 50K
Canutillo population: 6K (2010); median income: 22K
Horizon City population: 19K (est. 2018); median income: 54K

It helps alot but the talent that does come with it gets spread out into all the school, and thats ok nothing wrong with it

The same, *******
Theres no fort bliss teams IDIOT
So gtfo outta here

No you

NOYOU
The same, *******
Theres no fort bliss teams IDIOT
So gtfo outta here
You are a genius everyone knows there isn't any Ft Bliss teams but the majority of the families live in El Paso and all attend schools in El Paso as Ft. Bliss has no high schools so Ft. Bliss contributes to ALL schools

Qbert
What would El Paso football be without FT Bliss? It would be the same which is usually no EL Paso teams playing after thanksgiving.
agreed. EP would be the same without bliss. Losing in the 1st and 2nd round of the playoffs against out of town teams. I'm not knocking my hometown but whether it's a Soldier's kid from out of town or a EP born and bred athlete, they all meet the same fate.

VQ35HR
Qbert
agreed. EP would be the same without bliss. Losing in the 1st and 2nd round of the playoffs against out of town teams. I'm not knocking my hometown but whether it's a Soldier's kid from out of town or a EP born and bred athlete, they all meet the same fate.
I stand by my earlier comment. The good teams in el paso are not loaded with military kids. The essence of military kids in and of itself hoes against the fundamentals of building a program. They can come in and give some temporary success but leave quickly. The perennial teams are those with home grown kids that come through feeder schools. Unfortunately we are not a mecca for super freak athletes like the dfw or houston.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m