EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Numbers are In

How is this going to affect El Paso Schools. Which schools are going up and which schools going now.

Fan
Do you have the school numbers ?
El Paso Americas 2604 2604
El Paso Andress 1458.5 1458.5
El Paso Austin 1304 1304
El Paso Bel Air 1950 1950
El Paso Bowie 1308 1308
El Paso Burges 1508 1508
El Paso Chapin 1843.5 1843.5
El Paso Coronado 2643 2643
El Paso Del Valle 2096 2096
El Paso Eastlake 2373 2373
El Paso Eastwood 2289 2289
El Paso El Dorado 2105.5 2105.5
El Paso Franklin 2909 2909
El Paso Hanks 1567 1567
El Paso High 1513.5 1513.5
El Paso Irvin 1236 1236
El Paso Jefferson 1869.5 1869.5
El Paso Montwood 2664 2664
El Paso Parkland 1628 1628
El Paso Pebble Hills 2555 2555
El Paso Riverside 1114 1114
El Paso Socorro 2446 2446
El Paso Ysleta 1500 1500
Clint High 706 706
Clint Horizon 1558 1558
Clint Mountain View 804 804
Canutillo 1523 1523

Eastwood and Eastlake move to 6A.

Chapin and Jefferson are in 1-5A DII.

Which leaves El Do, DV, and Bel Air in a nightmare situation where they'll most likely have to combine with 2-5A DI:

Lubbock
Lubbock Coronado
Lubbock Monterey
Lubbock Caprock
Amarillo Tascosa
Amarillo
Amarillo Palo Duro
Abilene Cooper

Since there's 11 teams, then they'll split it into a two districts. Which way they split will be the real question.

Either way, that would be A LOT of traveling for all those teams.

Eastwood 2289
Hanks 1567

as much as I would love to see eastwood get spanked in 6A, YISD needs to work on feeder zones and boundaries (yes they exist in YISD. the open enrollment is for addresses in SISD, CISD and EPISD who choose to attend YISD schools) and even the playing field for Hanks and Eastwood. There is no way 79925 (EHS) has more enrollment numbers than 79935 & 36 (HHS).

Chucoball
Eastwood and Eastlake move to 6A.

Chapin and Jefferson are in 1-5A DII.

Which leaves El Do, DV, and Bel Air in a nightmare situation where they'll most likely have to combine with 2-5A DI:

Lubbock
Lubbock Coronado
Lubbock Monterey
Lubbock Caprock
Amarillo Tascosa
Amarillo
Amarillo Palo Duro
Abilene Cooper

Since there's 11 teams, then they'll split it into a two districts. Which way they split will be the real question.

Either way, that would be A LOT of traveling for all those teams.
Amarillo and El Paso schools could make a 7 team district.

Abilene and Lubbock go east.

Or, Amarillo, Lubbock and El Paso in a 10 team district.

Abilene goes east by themselves.

915 Sport
How is this going to affect El Paso Schools. Which schools are going up and which schools going now.
Eastlake and Eastwood go 6A. 8 teams in 1-6A.

Del Valle, El Dorado and Bel Air are in limbo for their FB district. For all other sports they will be with the Parkland/Canutillo district.

5AD2 will have 13 schools, 8 EPISD with Chapin going down to D2.

Parkland, Ysleta, Horizon, Canutillo and Hanks remain in D2.

Riverside joins Clint, Fabens, San Eli and Mountain View in 4A.

I’m not a football fanatic like most of you, but I would really be ****** the way UIL is treating EP schools. All they need to do is drop the cut off number down by like 60 or whatever so that Chapin and Jeff could be D1 in 5-A and avoid all this crap with Lubbock or Amarillo schools or a 3 team district playing each other twice. I looked at other 5-A District throughout Texas and it would have only affected like 8 other schools. With moving those 8 both the district they would leave and enter had plenty of teams in the district and the travel was hardly minimal. What is the big deal with large 5-A having say 6 more total teams across the state than small 5-A? It has no bearing on play offs or anything. So basically the UIL could care less about us in EP. AD’s need to speak up.

Episd made sure their numbers were d2 socorro and ysleta should have followed suit. Been reading on Twitter that this has been on the radar for a while.

Episd made sure their numbers were d2 socorro and ysleta should have followed suit. Been reading on Twitter that this has been on the radar for a while.
Chapin and Jeff have D1 Numbers. Stepp said the cutoff would have been 1838 if so many teams didn’t opt up.

There’s about 15 teams with an enrollment lower than Chapin and Jeff that opted from D2 to D1. That pushed a group of schools down because the cutoff went up.

Look at the enrollment for these schools to confirm. All have enrollment less than 1900. They will be D1 next alignment.

Baytown Lee
CC Carroll
CC King
CC Miller
CC Moody
CC Ray
Judson Veterans Memorial
Laredo Cigarroa
SA Brackenridge
SA Burbank
SA Edison
SA Jefferson
SA Lanier
SA Memorial
SA McCollum
SA Southside
Victoria West

FalconFeather
I’m not a football fanatic like most of you, but I would really be ****** the way UIL is treating EP schools. All they need to do is drop the cut off number down by like 60 or whatever so that Chapin and Jeff could be D1 in 5-A and avoid all this crap with Lubbock or Amarillo schools or a 3 team district playing each other twice. I looked at other 5-A District throughout Texas and it would have only affected like 8 other schools. With moving those 8 both the district they would leave and enter had plenty of teams in the district and the travel was hardly minimal. What is the big deal with large 5-A having say 6 more total teams across the state than small 5-A? It has no bearing on play offs or anything. So basically the UIL could care less about us in EP. AD’s need to speak up.
The UIL made many errors. There’s about 4 teams that should be D1 in 5A but were included with 6A (3 McAllen Schools) and Laredo Martin (5A D2). Those schools claim UIL has their enrollment numbers wrong. If you drop the cutoff about 60 you’re goin to affect another 12 schools or so. You’re now getting Over 140 schools in 5A D1.

NewYear
FalconFeather
The UIL made many errors. There’s about 4 teams that should be D1 in 5A but were included with 6A (3 McAllen Schools) and Laredo Martin (5A D2). Those schools claim UIL has their enrollment numbers wrong. If you drop the cutoff about 60 you’re goin to affect another 12 schools or so. You’re now getting Over 140 schools in 5A D1.
No doubt but it will also affect how many 6A districts we get down here in the Valley we can end up with 2 or stay with three. Now my theory as to why McAllen schools are dropping to 5A is well this will be the first time in 8 years that they do not have a RB with the same last name, who both have put up great numbers in those 8 years and both will be D1 athletes well one will be graduating and the other starting D1 next year. So if one school in the district drops down they will all follow suit, now you may ask does one athlete make a difference? Well down here in the RGV when you depended on your run game for 8 years and now you do not have the same genetics in your backfield until 2 more years when guess what their younger brother who is I believe in middle school right now will be in high school just in time for the next realignment.

EP2RGV
NewYear
FalconFeather
No doubt but it will also affect how many 6A districts we get down here in the Valley we can end up with 2 or stay with three. Now my theory as to why McAllen schools are dropping to 5A is well this will be the first time in 8 years that they do not have a RB with the same last name, who both have put up great numbers in those 8 years and both will be D1 athletes well one will be graduating and the other starting D1 next year. So if one school in the district drops down they will all follow suit, now you may ask does one athlete make a difference? Well down here in the RGV when you depended on your run game for 8 years and now you do not have the same genetics in your backfield until 2 more years when guess what their younger brother who is I believe in middle school right now will be in high school just in time for the next realignment.
Cmon now ep. thats not how it works and thats not why theyre dropping down. Their enrollments have been affected by pioneer opening up a couple of years back, . And all the idea charter schools in the area. Theres about 6 near mcallen

🤩
EP2RGV
NewYear
FalconFeather
Cmon now ep. thats not how it works and thats not why theyre dropping down. Their enrollments have been affected by pioneer opening up a couple of years back, . And all the idea charter schools in the area. Theres about 6 near mcallen
Pioneer had no affect on McAllen schools if anything it would be the IDEA schools which seem to open up anywhere now a days, again that was a theory of mine could be wrong as I am the majority of the time. McAllen is pretty much land locked but they have annexed a lot of parts of Edinburg. For instance where I live my subdivision is Edinburg but once you leave its McAllen

EP2RGV
Fan
El Paso Austin 1304 1304
El Paso Bowie 1308 1308
El Paso Burges 1508 1508
El Paso Hanks 1567 1567
El Paso Irvin 1236 1236
El Paso Ysleta 1500 1500
Clint High 706 706
Clint Horizon 1558 1558
Canutillo 1523 1523
I see 8 teams will in 6A next year.

Americas 2604
Coronado 2643
Eastwood 2289
Eastlake 2373
Franklin 2909
Montwood 2664
Pebble 2555
Socorro 2446

EP2RGV
🤩
EP2RGV
NewYear
FalconFeather
Pioneer had no affect on McAllen schools if anything it would be the IDEA schools which seem to open up anywhere now a days, again that was a theory of mine could be wrong as I am the majority of the time. McAllen is pretty much land locked but they have annexed a lot of parts of Edinburg. For instance where I live my subdivision is Edinburg but once you leave its McAllen
Pioneer took alot of mcallen. Trust me alot of what use to be north mcallen around trenton is super close to pioneer. Point is they lost kids and its not just bcs they will lack a speights

🤩
EP2RGV
🤩
EP2RGV
NewYear
FalconFeather
Pioneer took alot of mcallen. Trust me alot of what use to be north mcallen around trenton is super close to pioneer. Point is they lost kids and its not just bcs they will lack a speights
Well let's just see if they're granted to drop down, I see the 5A district which they'll be in be lead by Weslaco East and Memorial. Anyway always good to see a fellow RGVer in a forum outside of the Valley

If UIL has the wrong numbers they aren’t opting down. They belong in 5A if they are under 2200.

EP2RGV
Fan
El Paso Austin 1304 1304
El Paso Bowie 1308 1308
El Paso Burges 1508 1508
El Paso Hanks 1567 1567
El Paso Irvin 1236 1236
El Paso Ysleta 1500 1500
Clint High 706 706
Clint Horizon 1558 1558
Canutillo 1523 1523

Americas 2604
Coronado 2643
Eastwood 2289
Eastlake 2373
Franklin 2909
Montwood 2664
Pebble 2555
Socorro 2446
Maybe Socorro will have a Win next year.

East
EP2RGV
Fan
El Paso Austin 1304 1304
El Paso Bowie 1308 1308
El Paso Burges 1508 1508
El Paso Hanks 1567 1567
El Paso Irvin 1236 1236
El Paso Ysleta 1500 1500
Clint High 706 706
Clint Horizon 1558 1558
Canutillo 1523 1523

Americas 2604
Coronado 2643
Eastwood 2289
Eastlake 2373
Franklin 2909
Montwood 2664
Pebble 2555
Socorro 2446
Against who???

Socorro cant compete against Eastwood or Eastlake!

NewYear
Socorro cant compete against Eastwood or Eastlake!
Let me just be clear socorro being in this district hurts them. It gives them 2 less opportunities to schedule cupcake schools which they can beat

East
EP2RGV
Fan
El Paso Austin 1304 1304
El Paso Bowie 1308 1308
El Paso Burges 1508 1508
El Paso Hanks 1567 1567
El Paso Irvin 1236 1236
El Paso Ysleta 1500 1500
Clint High 706 706
Clint Horizon 1558 1558
Canutillo 1523 1523

Americas 2604
Coronado 2643
Eastwood 2289
Eastlake 2373
Franklin 2909
Montwood 2664
Pebble 2555
Socorro 2446
Against who???
Against your school.

East
East
EP2RGV
Fan
El Paso Austin 1304 1304
El Paso Bowie 1308 1308
El Paso Burges 1508 1508
El Paso Hanks 1567 1567
El Paso Irvin 1236 1236
El Paso Ysleta 1500 1500
Clint High 706 706
Clint Horizon 1558 1558
Canutillo 1523 1523

Americas 2604
Coronado 2643
Eastwood 2289
Eastlake 2373
Franklin 2909
Montwood 2664
Pebble 2555
Socorro 2446
Against who???
Against your school.
hahaha...salty! maybe you guys can move down...UIL grants a sympathy waiver...

Can’t believe Socorro has only one district win in 10 seasons. Wow!

No this stat can't be right huh

Draft A alignment is in......... https://www.uiltexas.org/files/alignments/2020_alpha_by_conf_post.pdf

The three 5AD1 schools better get the travel buses in good shape. UIL can put the schools into D2, but I've never heard of them allowing schools to "opt" down, only up. Interesting to see the final alignments. (Lowrey field is a nice place to play.)

NewYear
Can’t believe Socorro has only one district win in 10 seasons. Wow!
They're going to make a movie about it.

Dude
Draft A alignment is in......... https://www.uiltexas.org/files/alignments/2020_alpha_by_conf_post.pdf

The three 5AD1 schools better get the travel buses in good shape. UIL can put the schools into D2, but I've never heard of them allowing schools to "opt" down, only up. Interesting to see the final alignments. (Lowrey field is a nice place to play.)
UIL won’t allow them to play in D2. If anything, the D2 schools should be allowed to opt up but then Canutillo and Horizon would have to go into the district with EPISD.

NewYear
Chapin and Jeff have D1 Numbers. Stepp said the cutoff would have been 1838 if so many teams didn’t opt up.

There’s about 15 teams with an enrollment lower than Chapin and Jeff that opted from D2 to D1. That pushed a group of schools down because the cutoff went up.

Look at the enrollment for these schools to confirm. All have enrollment less than 1900. They will be D1 next alignment.

Baytown Lee
CC Carroll
CC King
CC Miller
CC Moody
CC Ray
Judson Veterans Memorial
Laredo Cigarroa
SA Brackenridge
SA Burbank
SA Edison
SA Jefferson
SA Lanier
SA Memorial
SA McCollum
SA Southside
Victoria West
That assumes those other schools don't opt up again.

East
East
EP2RGV
Fan
El Paso Austin 1304 1304
El Paso Bowie 1308 1308
El Paso Burges 1508 1508
El Paso Hanks 1567 1567
El Paso Irvin 1236 1236
El Paso Ysleta 1500 1500
Clint High 706 706
Clint Horizon 1558 1558
Canutillo 1523 1523

Americas 2604
Coronado 2643
Eastwood 2289
Eastlake 2373
Franklin 2909
Montwood 2664
Pebble 2555
Socorro 2446
Against who???
Against your school.
hahaha...salty! maybe you guys can move down...UIL grants a sympathy waiver...
Hey ... , Who's your school ?

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m