​​​​​​​
EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Rene Hernandez stepping down

Chapin HS HC Rene Hernandez stepping down. Who will the Huskies get as their new HC?

Re: Rene Hernandez stepping down

Who do the Huskies want.

Who do the Huskies want.
I like that. Who do the Huskies want. Usually in the city of El Paso it is all about the buddy system. Admin hooking up buddies or the head coach insisting to Admin about a close buddy of his.

NE
Who do the Huskies want.
I like that. Who do the Huskies want. Usually in the city of El Paso it is all about the buddy system. Admin hooking up buddies or the head coach insisting to Admin about a close buddy of his.
Which current head coach or coordinator would do the best job at chapin.

NE
Who do the Huskies want.
Which current head coach or coordinator would do the best job at chapin.
Franklin OC
Eastwood OC
Del Valle DC

Ex Chapin Qb Marco Chavez just came back to coach at Chapin this past season after coaching several years out of town. He will be the next head coach at Chapin!! You heard it here first!!

I hope they take their time and even think outside the "Box" for this one.

Montwoods HC, DC & OC.

Aaron Ocampo from Centennial HS in Cruces may be interested. Haven't heard anything direct other than he's keeping an eye on the good El Paso jobs. He would have an immediate impact.

East
Montwoods HC, DC & OC.
Is this a joke

Deion Flanders
Aaron Ocampo from Centennial HS in Cruces may be interested. Haven't heard anything direct other than he's keeping an eye on the good El Paso jobs. He would have an immediate impact.
Only problem here would be the whole teaching certification thing maybe.

Please take Coach Warner from Franklin! We will throw in Coach Walker as well. Coach Torres should be the Franklin head coach before he leaves for another school.

DaMinerMan
Please take Coach Warner from Franklin! We will throw in Coach Walker as well. Coach Torres should be the Franklin head coach before he leaves for another school.
This is hilarious. Walker is in the argument for best current coach in el Paso.

No its not. Take all three.

East
Montwoods HC, DC & OC.
Is this a joke

DaMinerMan
Best Coach in El Paso? Not even close. He has a group of great assistants and good talent.

East
East
Montwoods HC, DC & OC.
Is this a joke
Oh as In you would like to get rid if them lol

DaMinerMan
DaMinerMan
Best Coach in El Paso? Not even close. He has a group of great assistants and good talent.
This is the most ridiculous thing I have read

That is the problem with El Paso they hire from within or former alumni, how many coaches are from outside of EP and I mean east of the Permian Basin?

EP2RGV
That is the problem with El Paso they hire from within or former alumni, how many coaches are from outside of EP and I mean east of the Permian Basin?
Besides Coach Melton at Americas, name one out of town coach that has been successful in El Paso.

EP2RGV
Besides Coach Melton at Americas, name one out of town coach that has been successful in El Paso.
What do you consider out of town

Barrios walker and don brooks are all not from el paso

Neither was Graham parchmen richie

EP2RGV
What do you consider out of town

Barrios walker and don brooks are all not from el paso

Neither was Graham parchmen richie
Pretty sure Barrios graduated from Hanks, so...

I had heard he was from Luke north Dakota or something I could be wrong and the rest of those guys

Bowie coach, Buryl Baty in 50s won 3 district championships was from Paris Tx, an QB @ Tx A&M
Allan Sepkowitz:, Amarillo Tx,
Bob Savage, 11 time dist champions Bel Air

Hs fan
Bowie coach, Buryl Baty in 50s won 3 district championships was from Paris Tx, an QB @ Tx A&M
Allan Sepkowitz:, Amarillo Tx,
Bob Savage, 11 time dist champions Bel Air
I don't think either of those coaches Baty, Sepkowitz, and Savage ever beat a out of town team in the Texas state playoffs in all their years as head coaches.

Savage and sepkpwitz have.

Savage and sepkpwitz have.
In what years did Sepkowitz and Savage beat out town teams in the Texas state playoffs and against which teams?

Sepkowitz has been to the 3rd round which means they have beat put if town teams

Sepkowitz has been to the 3rd round which means they have beat put if town teams
Answer the question

In what years did Sepkowitz and Savage beat out of town teams in the Texas state playoffs?

Sepkowitz and Savage were head coaches in El Paso for like hundreds of years and I would like to know how many times each of them when they were head coaches beat out of town teams in the Texas state playoffs.

Rudy
Answer the question

In what years did Sepkowitz and Savage beat out of town teams in the Texas state playoffs?

Sepkowitz and Savage were head coaches in El Paso for like hundreds of years and I would like to know how many times each of them when they were head coaches beat out of town teams in the Texas state playoffs.
Among Sepkowitz's accomplishments was reaching the state quarterfinals in 1990, when the Eagles lost to Arlington Lamar in Class 5A. 17 bidistrict championships and 14 district championships.He beat his share of out of town teams...

Rudy
Answer the question

Among Sepkowitz's accomplishments was reaching the state quarterfinals in 1990, when the Eagles lost to Arlington Lamar in Class 5A. 17 bidistrict championships and 14 district championships.He beat his share of out of town teams...
That still does not answer the question

And by the way aren't all those 17 bidistrict championships in the Texas state playoffs against El Paso teams? Please answer this question as well

You say that he beat his share of out of town teams in the Texas state playoffs. Which out of town teams!!!!!??????

I don't care about district championships. That's El Paso teams against El Paso teams. Blahhhhhhh

The only time Allan Sepkowitz coached a Andress team past an out of town opponent in the State Playoffs was in 1990 when Andress beat Midland Lee on a game ending tie 21 to 21. Officials gave the win to Andress due to penetrations which is what they went by back in the day in an event to a game ending tie. That was the only time Allan Sepkowitz coached Andress to a win versus a out of town opponent in the State Playoffs. So Rudy the answer to your question is 1 time in his long tenured head coaching career as Andress head coach and that is the truth.

TheTruth
The only time Allan Sepkowitz coached a Andress team past an out of town opponent in the State Playoffs was in 1990 when Andress beat Midland Lee on a game ending tie 21 to 21. Officials gave the win to Andress due to penetrations which is what they went by back in the day in an event to a game ending tie. That was the only time Allan Sepkowitz coached Andress to a win versus a out of town opponent in the State Playoffs. So Rudy the answer to your question is 1 time in his long tenured head coaching career as Andress head coach and that is the truth.
They also beat Amarillo in 2003 bi-district

TheTruth
They also beat Amarillo in 2003 bi-district
Then that make only 2 wins for Allan Sepkowitz against out of town teams in the Texas state playoffs.

This was the original question.....”Besides Coach Melton at Americas, name one out of town coach that has been successful in El Paso.”

Hs fan
This was the original question.....”Besides Coach Melton at Americas, name one out of town coach that has been successful in El Paso.”
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Coach Melton has never beaten 2 out of town teams in the playoffs in the same season.

Coach Brooks at my alma mater Canutillo beat 3 out of town teams in the playoffs in the same season. No other head coach in the history of the city of El Paso high school football has beaten 3 out of town teams in the playoffs in the same season. Coach Brooks in the goat in the area.

There have been other El Paso head coaches that have beaten 2 out of town teams in the playoffs in the same season but Coach Melton has never done that.

CHSEagles
Hs fan
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Coach Melton has never beaten 2 out of town teams in the playoffs in the same season.

Coach Brooks at my alma mater Canutillo beat 3 out of town teams in the playoffs in the same season. No other head coach in the history of the city of El Paso high school football has beaten 3 out of town teams in the playoffs in the same season. Coach Brooks in the goat in the area.

There have been other El Paso head coaches that have beaten 2 out of town teams in the playoffs in the same season but Coach Melton has never done that.
Last I checked coach melton has beaten put of town teams a few times. But how did this thread get hijacked away from who chapin should hire. Is he in the conversation at chapin or something.

CHSEagles
Hs fan

Last I checked coach melton has beaten put of town teams a few times. But how did this thread get hijacked away from who chapin should hire. Is he in the conversation at chapin or something.
Coach Melton has never beaten 2 out of town teams in the playoffs in a season. NEVER

CHSEagles
CHSEagles
Hs fan

Coach Melton has never beaten 2 out of town teams in the playoffs in a season. NEVER
Again I ask how did this become about coach melton. Is he in the conversation to get chapin. Why would he leave americas. Oh and canutillo sucks. During the banner year that you fans keep so dear to your heart. Didn't franklin beat them. Can't be considered the best team in town if you lose to an in town opponent

CHSEagles
CHSEagles
Hs fan

Again I ask how did this become about coach melton. Is he in the conversation to get chapin. Why would he leave americas. Oh and canutillo sucks. During the banner year that you fans keep so dear to your heart. Didn't franklin beat them. Can't be considered the best team in town if you lose to an in town opponent
CHSEagles probably started posting about Melton because some bozo posted this ridiculous nonsense

"""""Besides Coach Melton at Americas, name one out of town coach that has been successful in El Paso"""""

Westsider
CHSEagles
CHSEagles
Hs fan

Again I ask how did this become about coach melton. Is he in the conversation to get chapin. Why would he leave americas. Oh and canutillo sucks. During the banner year that you fans keep so dear to your heart. Didn\'t franklin beat them. Can\'t be considered the best team in town if you lose to an in town opponent
CHSEagles probably started posting about Melton because some bozo posted this ridiculous nonsense

"""""Besides Coach Melton at Americas, name one out of town coach that has been successful in El Paso"""""
Why would this statement trigger the soft canutillo fanbase. Goodness if anyone else is considered successful they chime in. I dont think anyone that visits this site thinks coach brooks isn't successful.

Typical El Paso...anytime someone brings up something about jobs people bash on current El Paso coaches, past El Paso coaches, and bring up how they need to hire an out of town coach. It doesn't matter who you bring in if the culture of the city, community, and district do not change. Coach Hernandez did a great job while at Chapin and I wish him nothing but the best in whatever he decides to do. Winning in the state of Texas is not easy, especially in the playoffs. When it comes to El Paso football we are already at a disadvantage. It's called Bigger, Faster, Stronger...El Paso teams do not match up well against a lot of the state. Every once in a while El Paso will produce a team that can compete, but it is not on a regular basis. El Paso has done a great job of closing the gap between us and the Permian Basin, and that has shown when we play them year in and year out, but the gap between El Paso and the Metroplex, that is a whole other story. They need to hire the best person for the job, whether it is someone from out of town, or someone from the current staff who can build on what has already been implemented. Consistency is what builds a program. There is a solid foundation at Chapin but there needs to be some tweaking to help it progress. The reason why successful programs in Texas are successful is the fact that they are PROGRAMS. When you step foot on campus there is an expectation and everyone knows it, how many programs in El Paso have a culture like that? My guess is there are none. Knowing the expectation and believing and following that expectation is what makes your program successful. So with that being said good luck with the new hire and I hope whoever it is they are welcomed and given a chance to be successful.

The comment was made because someone posted that we needed to look to east Texas to bring in a coach. Out of all the coaches over the past years that have come from east Texas name one that has had success. Cleveland at Hanks made the playoffs one year, the guy Parkland hired left after one year, Socorro took a shot with a couple of guys with no avail. I don't know why people think the coaches in east Texas are better than the coaches here. My hats off to notradamus for telling it like it is. In schools west of El Paso, you have a backup that is comparable to your starter. In El Paso, if your starter gets injured or quits the backup is usually a significant drop off from what you had. This is not a knock on the kids, they're doing the best they can. The problem is we have 32 schools in a city that should have about 15. The talent is so spread out it is hard to compete with other teams. For example, Midland has 143000 people with only two high schools, El Paso has 683000. If we were to build schools like Midland, we would only have 9 high schools. If you want to count Greenwood in the Midland mix it would still drop our school numbers to 13 or 14.

Yeah those coaches that arent el paso guys suck. We shouldn't hire anymore.

So what is the word? Who all is applying for this job? I saw that the deadline to apply is the 20th.

Doesn't matter who applies.....it's Marco Chavez's job!

Can enlighten us on Coach Chavez background as a coach, I know he was the QB at Chapin back in the day and went to UMHB. After that what? That makes him the man for the job

Who?

Heard coach poblanos is applying.

Also heard Rubens torres and ryan Warner name thrown around

Who?

Heard coach poblanos is applying.

Also heard Rubens torres and ryan Warner name thrown around
interviews were today.....any word?

Don't know why everyone is intrigued. This is going to go to Marco Chavez. The interviews are just a normality.

Chucoball915
Don't know why everyone is intrigued. This is going to go to Marco Chavez. The interviews are just a normality.
We can revisit this tomorrow. Its gonna be a chapin alumni, just not chavez...

1 2
w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m