​​​​​​​
EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Football Humor

Many want HS FB to win that illusive State Title yet we schedule the annual High School FB showcase on the weekend of the State Championship!

On Sportstalk the topic was improving UTEP football. One local head coach of the Blue and Gold tweeted that UTEP needed upgrades. If upgrades equated to success, wouldn’t fancy training equipment, new turf, electronic scoreboards, 16 uniform combinations, coaching at a school with the highest number of transfer students and 4 helmets at least get you a district championship in EP??

Just random thoughts.

Re: Football Humor

FalconFeather
Many want HS FB to win that illusive State Title yet we schedule the annual High School FB showcase on the weekend of the State Championship!

On Sportstalk the topic was improving UTEP football. One local head coach of the Blue and Gold tweeted that UTEP needed upgrades. If upgrades equated to success, wouldn’t fancy training equipment, new turf, electronic scoreboards, 16 uniform combinations, coaching at a school with the highest number of transfer students and 4 helmets at least get you a district championship in EP??

Just random thoughts.
I just spit my Gatorade out when I read this. What's bad is the coach in question truly believes he is a good coach and that their program is premier around here.

FalconFeather

Just random thoughts.
Lol hilarious oh **** too hilarious

FalconFeather

Just random thoughts.
I just spit my Gatorade out when I read this. What's bad is the coach in question truly believes he is a good coach and that their program is premier around here.
Coach from the high school on Pelicano also believes he is a good coach and that their program is premier around here. Like some in this board have said the guy can't even beat two out of town teams in the playoffs in the same post season.

Westsider
FalconFeather

Just random thoughts.
Coach from the high school on Pelicano also believes he is a good coach and that their program is premier around here. Like some in this board have said the guy can't even beat two out of town teams in the playoffs in the same post season.
Wow, you're still salty about that L.

FalconFeather

Just random thoughts.
This is hilarious. That guy probably thinks he should be the Utep head coach. Well maybe with the 5-6 record. Lol

The mind and heart are a beautiful thing. Causes high school head coaches and assistant coaches in the city of El Paso to think and feel that they are actually great coaches and that if with admin support and good players on their roster along with solid depth that they would get to state.

Rudy
The mind and heart are a beautiful thing. Causes high school head coaches and assistant coaches in the city of El Paso to think and feel that they are actually great coaches and that if with admin support and good players on their roster along with solid depth that they would get to state.
A lot of people out there including myself think that whatever we believe we can achieve.

About 20 years ago I made a vision board and have been adding to it. Have been pinning up Franklin football players holding up the state title. 2 decades and nothing yet. I'm not giving up. I will keep pinning and believing.

For years I repeat this about 100 times before I fall asleep and 100 times when I wake up

""""""""""I excel in all that I do, and success comes easily to me.""""""""""""""

Nothing yet but I'm not giving up. I'm a believer.

I like a coach who tells it like it is on Twitter, using ebonics.

Great point, its embarrassing that while some are playing for state titles, we have a weak and watered down all-star game that kids don't even show up for practice for and the director of the game caters to any rich parent who complains, don't wanna hear about its special for the kids....our football is **** poor here compared to the state and its sad our all-star game is on the same week of the state championship, shows where our priorities are here in El Paso, sad and embarrassing, not one FBS coach will be in the stands, well Jake Cox's dad will but he ain't scouting anyone.

Eyes_From_The_Box
Great point, its embarrassing that while some are playing for state titles, we have a weak and watered down all-star game that kids don't even show up for practice for and the director of the game caters to any rich parent who complains, don't wanna hear about its special for the kids....our football is **** poor here compared to the state and its sad our all-star game is on the same week of the state championship, shows where our priorities are here in El Paso, sad and embarrassing, not one FBS coach will be in the stands, well Jake Cox's dad will but he ain't scouting anyone.
I dont think d1 coaches can be there.

Eyes_From_The_Box
Great point, its embarrassing that while some are playing for state titles, we have a weak and watered down all-star game that kids don\'t even show up for practice for and the director of the game caters to any rich parent who complains, don\'t wanna hear about its special for the kids....our football is **** poor here compared to the state and its sad our all-star game is on the same week of the state championship, shows where our priorities are here in El Paso, sad and embarrassing, not one FBS coach will be in the stands, well Jake Cox\'s dad will but he ain\'t scouting anyone.
I dont think d1 coaches can be there.
You are correct it is the dead period from December 16 to January 16 only contact is through social media, calls, and text messages.

Eyes_From_The_Box
sorry but I don't think there are many...if any...FBS players in El Paso. There may be a few kids who can play some small D1 ball, but that is reality. El Paso is mainly a D2, D3, NAIA, JOCO city, and there is nothing wrong with that at all. Every once in a while we will produce a productive D1 player unfortunately it will not happen every year. And the whole state title argument please just stop. El Paso is so far away from that level it's not even funny, and that is not a knock on the players, schools, or the coaches. That is just reality, do I think the all star game should be scheduled for later, yes I do believe that, but it is what it is. Everyone should do the best they can to support it and our players and make it the best we can. If we are able to get a team to make a deep run then I believe we as an El Paso community should do everything we can to support that team, because it is a rare accomplishment.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m