​​​​​​​
EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Football 2020

Who are the top teams and players for each level for next year?

Re: Football 2020

Should be interesting with 6A-1 welcoming Eastwood back and Eastlake moving up. Makes for some exciting matchups. Division 1 5A with the 3 El Paso teams and whoever from Lubbock and Amarillo will probably not be interesting.

The top El Paso teams will be the teams who right now are hitting the weightroom hard and nonstop through the offseason. Which I can bet 3.5 million dollars that come summer 2020 every El Paso player will still look like sticks and with no meat on them much less any speed.

Of course...wouldnt expect anything different. Every year, year in and year out...coaches and kids dont take football all that serious. Its a paycheck for coaches...and the kids/ players- they want instant results...they are used to just excuses.

You can pretty much count Andress out for 2020 as they lost 1/2 their team to graduates and transfers..... Parkland might be able to make something work with their Seniors.... Americas rarely plays anyone good so they’ll be sitting pretty... Chapin might struggle with the changes of a new coach but that’s one to watch...

Yaya92
You can pretty much count Andress out for 2020 as they lost 1/2 their team to graduates and transfers..... Parkland might be able to make something work with their Seniors.... Americas rarely plays anyone good so they’ll be sitting pretty... Chapin might struggle with the changes of a new coach but that’s one to watch...
6A:
Americas will be strong with Dumas returning for his Senior campaign. Foundation has been set there.
Eastwood and Eastlake will surely shake things up in 6A. Not saying they are the front runners, however it'll be interesting to see how they fit in that district.
I wouldn't rule out a strong showing from Pebble Hills. They have the athletes, facilities, and coaches to make a good run.

5A D-1
Del Valle has many starters returning including a strong backfield.
Bel Air has Parsons at QB, and should have a better offense this year.
Chapin has talent and a offensive minded coach that should open up that passing attack this year.
El Dorado has talent and numbers, just needs to put it all together.

1-5A DII
Parkland should enter the year as the favorite. As the saying goes, to be the man you've got to beat the man.
Hanks has their QB Molina back for his Senior year. New WR's will have to mesh early, but a strong line on both sides of the ball should help.
Canutillo has the size and talent to compete annually. Brooks will have to replace some RB production, but usually rarely finds that a problem
Ysleta and Horizon will battle for the 4 seed. Both schools have potential, with Horizon returning their QB and Ysleta doing well on the lower levels.

2-5A DII
Andress is a mystery this upcoming year. They lost plenty of players, but the well never seems to run dry. Talent is abound in the Andress Area.
Austin will always have a fighters chance. Pichardo has done a great job instilling toughness and a defined program around the Panthers.
Burges will be the favorite in my mind. They have a stable of running backs that could give defenses nightmares all year.

I’m really interested in seeing how Riverside does in 4-A. Almost half the team graduated. They will enter as the biggest 4A team enrollment wise. But they better not walk into this thinking it will be a cake walk. It won’t.

The TRUTH
Of course...wouldnt expect anything different. Every year, year in and year out...coaches and kids dont take football all that serious. Its a paycheck for coaches...and the kids/ players- they want instant results...they are used to just excuses.
Kids/players everywhere want instant results. It is their culture now. The difference is how they are taught in the pursuit of those results. It might be true that SOME coaches are in it for the paycheck. You are insulting a lot of these guys who really care about the success of their programs and their kids. For you to say they are just excuses, I wonder what you are doing to make El Paso Football better. I bet you are one of those guys yelling from the bleachers because you think you know it all. It's SO easy to coach from there, and the lazy boy. I can hear you now yelling at the line to "Block" or the receivers to "catch" but theres so much more to it. I'm willing to bet Qbert's 3.5 million you have never coached, and have no idea how hard it is to make 11 young men work together for the common good.

You guys sit here complaining and don't see the tons of improvement El Paso HS Football has made since even the late 90's. Everyone one is stuck on the Permian's and the Southlake's of the state, you have no idea whats going on in Texas. How the permian basin schools, who used to come down and whip us EVERY YEAR now understand EP might now just be a easy W.

It would be nice to have a complete list of schedules! I wonder when maxpreps will have them up.

Loco
Yaya92
6A:
Americas will be strong with Dumas returning for his Senior campaign. Foundation has been set there.
Eastwood and Eastlake will surely shake things up in 6A. Not saying they are the front runners, however it'll be interesting to see how they fit in that district.
I wouldn't rule out a strong showing from Pebble Hills. They have the athletes, facilities, and coaches to make a good run.

5A D-1
Chapin has talent and a offensive minded coach that should open up that passing attack this year.

1-5A DII
Parkland should enter the year as the favorite. As the saying goes, to be the man you've got to beat the man.
Hanks has their QB Molina back for his Senior year. New WR's will have to mesh early, but a strong line on both sides of the ball should help.
Canutillo has the size and talent to compete annually. Brooks will have to replace some RB production, but usually rarely finds that a problem
Ysleta and Horizon will battle for the 4 seed. Both schools have potential, with Horizon returning their QB and Ysleta doing well on the lower levels.

2-5A DII
Andress is a mystery this upcoming year. They lost plenty of players, but the well never seems to run dry. Talent is abound in the Andress Area.
Austin will always have a fighters chance. Pichardo has done a great job instilling toughness and a defined program around the Panthers.
Burges will be the favorite in my mind. They have a stable of running backs that could give defenses nightmares all year.
Montwood Rams will take the 6A Title.

East
Loco
Yaya92
6A:
Eastwood and Eastlake will surely shake things up in 6A. Not saying they are the front runners, however it\'ll be interesting to see how they fit in that district.
I wouldn\'t rule out a strong showing from Pebble Hills. They have the athletes, facilities, and coaches to make a good run.

5A D-1

1-5A DII
Parkland should enter the year as the favorite. As the saying goes, to be the man you\'ve got to beat the man.
Hanks has their QB Molina back for his Senior year. New WR\'s will have to mesh early, but a strong line on both sides of the ball should help.

2-5A DII
I will give it to you guys. You are persistent. They wont, they lost everybody and couldn't get it done with everybody. Tbh they may struggle to be a playoff team. Eastwood and eastlake bring something new to the dynamic.

East
Loco
Yaya92
6A:
Eastwood and Eastlake will surely shake things up in 6A. Not saying they are the front runners, however it\'ll be interesting to see how they fit in that district.
I wouldn\'t rule out a strong showing from Pebble Hills. They have the athletes, facilities, and coaches to make a good run.

5A D-1

1-5A DII
Parkland should enter the year as the favorite. As the saying goes, to be the man you\'ve got to beat the man.
Hanks has their QB Molina back for his Senior year. New WR\'s will have to mesh early, but a strong line on both sides of the ball should help.

2-5A DII
You guys are starting to sound like the Cowboys fans!

EP2RGV
East
Loco
Yaya92
6A:
Eastwood and Eastlake will surely shake things up in 6A. Not saying they are the front runners, however it\\\'ll be interesting to see how they fit in that district.
I wouldn\\\'t rule out a strong showing from Pebble Hills. They have the athletes, facilities, and coaches to make a good run.

5A D-1

1-5A DII
Parkland should enter the year as the favorite. As the saying goes, to be the man you\\\'ve got to beat the man.
Hanks has their QB Molina back for his Senior year. New WR\\\'s will have to mesh early, but a strong line on both sides of the ball should help.

2-5A DII
Montwood Rams El Paso's Finest. Everybody likes the Mighty Rams.

East
EP2RGV
East
Loco
Yaya92
6A:
Eastwood and Eastlake will surely shake things up in 6A. Not saying they are the front runners, however it\\\\\\\'ll be interesting to see how they fit in that district.
I wouldn\\\\\\\'t rule out a strong showing from Pebble Hills. They have the athletes, facilities, and coaches to make a good run.

5A D-1

1-5A DII
Parkland should enter the year as the favorite. As the saying goes, to be the man you\\\\\\\'ve got to beat the man.
Hanks has their QB Molina back for his Senior year. New WR\\\\\\\'s will have to mesh early, but a strong line on both sides of the ball should help.

2-5A DII
Montwood Rams El Paso's Finest. Everybody likes the Mighty Rams.
What happened this season?

East
Loco
Yaya92
6A:

5A D-1

1-5A DII

2-5A DII
Canutillo lost 28-35 players due to graduating. Rebuild this year but will win district.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m