EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: El Paso teams NEED to play New Mexico teams

NewYear
EP2RGV
Of course he does and until he plays us he can maintain that they are better but I can say categorically that el paso is better then the valley. But guess we will never know because they womt step up. The valley playoff road is much easier than el paso. El paso 6as have to play DFW in the second round. Keep it or have then step up. I\\\'m sure montwood franklin americas and parkland would love to put the smack down on a valley team. Tell ur coach to put on his big boy pants and meet a team half way somewhere
Still thinking Montwood is a relevant team huh? They struggled with Los Fresnos, Parkland can’t make it past round 1 in the playoffs as they play soft non-district and Americas is the only team worth talking about.
It’s a fact that valley schools play each other and Laredo/Eagle Pass for the first 2 rounds in 6A. That’s likely going to change now with the new realignment.

Also, Parkland hasn’t had trouble in the first round. They play local teams in Round 1.
It is a fact but id take a valley or laredo school over a ep 6a school. Also San Antonio and austin 6as are better than west texas 6as and yall know it. No one has a tougher path than anybody

6A and 5A teams should play the top teams from New Mexico in non-district. Del Valle has played schools from Rio Rancho and Cruces. As someone mentioned Franklin didn play and beat Rio Rancho Cleveland.

GoTbirds_1968
Let’s be honest, we are not competing for a state championship in the state of Texas anytime soon. And geographically, playing in Texas makes no sense. Wouldn’t we rather have a bidistrict game in las cruces rather than Odessa!? I mean we just have to face that El Paso talent will never equate to the likes of the metroplex, Houston, Austin, San Antonio, and heck even the Permian basin. If we were playing in New Mexico we would be the KINGS of high school sports. Teams like franklin, parkland and America’s would THRIVE. To everyone who says “yeah well this is TXHSFB and that’s how we like it. NO. East of here is TXHSFB, because those are the teams that are close geographically and that compete for state year in and year out. Heck, even the VALLEY makes it at least to round three every year! And El Paso teams would blow the breaks off of them! But, they get a break geographically, which is why they even make it in the first place. But we have to get out of this mindset, and ****, it all starts with MOVING that **** all star game! I mean are you kidding me?!?!? We’re gonna schedule our all star game where “the best of the best” play on the same weekend when the real best of the best are playing for a state championship?!?!? Has had me upset for YEARS. so what do you all think about switching to a New Mexico schedule?
Lol its funny that you say that. El paso teams would not beat the breaks off any new mex or rgv teams. If you pair the best ep team yearly vs the best rgv or nm team the ep team might win 3out of 10. The rgv gets no geographical help. The San Antonio/coastal bend and austin teams are all better than anything west texas has. Yall are clueless lol.

GoTbirds_1968
Let’s be honest, we are not competing for a state championship in the state of Texas anytime soon. And geographically, playing in Texas makes no sense. Wouldn’t we rather have a bidistrict game in las cruces rather than Odessa!? I mean we just have to face that El Paso talent will never equate to the likes of the metroplex, Houston, Austin, San Antonio, and heck even the Permian basin. If we were playing in New Mexico we would be the KINGS of high school sports. Teams like franklin, parkland and America’s would THRIVE. To everyone who says “yeah well this is TXHSFB and that’s how we like it. NO. East of here is TXHSFB, because those are the teams that are close geographically and that compete for state year in and year out. Heck, even the VALLEY makes it at least to round three every year! And El Paso teams would blow the breaks off of them! But, they get a break geographically, which is why they even make it in the first place. But we have to get out of this mindset, and ****, it all starts with MOVING that **** all star game! I mean are you kidding me?!?!? We’re gonna schedule our all star game where “the best of the best” play on the same weekend when the real best of the best are playing for a state championship?!?!? Has had me upset for YEARS. so what do you all think about switching to a New Mexico schedule?
Sooooo…...let's join the ranks of New Mexico so we can win State Titles? Hmmmm…..yet we are the same kids with the same talent and the same coaches and the same workouts and the same administrators and the same philosophies, and the same pay AND that will make everyone happy and no more complaining!! WOW! What a thought!

NewYear
Last realignment Weslaco East had 2238 students. That put them in 6A, clearly. Manor still didn’t win their region.
Those are skewed numbers as weslaco isd would add an extra 200+ kids to weslaco East by adding the disciplinary school to their enrollment.

GoTbirds_1968
No, they absolutely don't need to do that. El Paso teams can compete. They just need to do the things to be able to be more competitive. Progress has already been made, but more needs to happen especially starting at the middle school level. Competitiveness is a process. The earlier, the better. Benefits will probably go beyond football

El Paso 6A shools only play west Texas in the first round. 2nd round they have to play DFW schools like Arlington. Midland Lee and Arlington Bowie, Arlington High are no joke.

NewYear
El Paso 6A shools only play west Texas in the first round. 2nd round they have to play DFW schools like Arlington. Midland Lee and Arlington Bowie, Arlington High are no joke.
Again when was the last time any of the teams you mentioned from region 1 won state? This year 6A champs came from region 3 and region 4, as far as us playing valley teams first round and Laredo/eagle pass second round it is called geography we have a larger region and more towns than el paso hence why we had 3 6A districts in the valley. Don't worry though we will have 2 now and will play SA teams in round 2 if that makes you feel better. Now answer this what are EP football players doing during the offseason? Once you answer that you will get the response as to why they cannot compete against teams past round 2. I did not see any kids from EP in this years FBU National Combine or did I see many kids when I took my son to FBU camps.

Is FBU for everyone? NO

Is FBU out take money from some parents? Most def

Will kids walk away with something? Going against other kids from around the state in this camp or any camp during the offseason helps tremendously. However when kids from EP just stay locally for camps it hurts them bad parents need to open up their wallets and invest in mijo!

EP2RGV
NewYear
Again when was the last time any of the teams you mentioned from region 1 won state? This year 6A champs came from region 3 and region 4, as far as us playing valley teams first round and Laredo/eagle pass second round it is called geography we have a larger region and more towns than el paso hence why we had 3 6A districts in the valley. Don\'t worry though we will have 2 now and will play SA teams in round 2 if that makes you feel better. Now answer this what are EP football players doing during the offseason? Once you answer that you will get the response as to why they cannot compete against teams past round 2. I did not see any kids from EP in this years FBU National Combine or did I see many kids when I took my son to FBU camps.

Is FBU for everyone? NO

Will kids walk away with something? Going against other kids from around the state in this camp or any camp during the offseason helps tremendously. However when kids from EP just stay locally for camps it hurts them bad parents need to open up their wallets and invest in mijo!
FBU and Blue/Gray camps are over rated.

Hit the University camps by your 10th & 11th high school years. Hit the GYM hard and pray that you will grow over 6'3" / 200 lbs by your Junior year.
D1 College Coaches don't care about your talent or stats. They have a standard requirement on height and weight.

Fact
EP2RGV
NewYear
Again when was the last time any of the teams you mentioned from region 1 won state? This year 6A champs came from region 3 and region 4, as far as us playing valley teams first round and Laredo/eagle pass second round it is called geography we have a larger region and more towns than el paso hence why we had 3 6A districts in the valley. Don\\\'t worry though we will have 2 now and will play SA teams in round 2 if that makes you feel better. Now answer this what are EP football players doing during the offseason? Once you answer that you will get the response as to why they cannot compete against teams past round 2. I did not see any kids from EP in this years FBU National Combine or did I see many kids when I took my son to FBU camps.

Is FBU for everyone? NO

FBU and Blue/Gray camps are over rated.

Hit the University camps by your 10th & 11th high school years. Hit the GYM hard and pray that you will grow over 6'3" / 200 lbs by your Junior year.
D1 College Coaches don't care about your talent or stats. They have a standard requirement on height and weight.
I agree on the camps my son did FBU one year and the whole "you've been selected" is a hoax everyone gets an invite the ones who attend are the ones who pay, he has been hitting the college camps every summer will he grow a few more inches I hope so he's 16 5'11 and 216 DE and I KNOW he is not D1 level for his position.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m