​​​​​​​
EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
3 team 5A Div 1?

Check out this link it predicted 3 teams in 5A div 1.. https://txhsfbgameday.com/news/txhsfb-gameday-mock-realignment-class-5a-division-i/.

What do u all think? Guaranteed Playoff spot, with a bye for Dist Champ.

Re: 3 team 5A Div 1?

4. Looks like Chapin is opting to study up.

Chapin is opting up to D1.

seems like a smart move...STill only 4 in Div 1. Guaranteed Playoff spot instead of leaving it up to chance.

If it is a 4-team district it will be tough finding games for weeks 5-7. Good luck, might have to play 4A or New Mexico teams.

NewYear
If it is a 4-team district it will be tough finding games for weeks 5-7. Good luck, might have to play 4A or New Mexico teams.
Simple solution. The district's should drop all 5-A teams to 4-A.

I believe this is bad for football in our city. These teams are going to have a hard time scheduling games. Also can you get fired if you go 1-9 or 0-10, like eldo and big red have gone, not long ago....but now you still make the playoffs...just wondering...lol

NewYear
Simple solution. The district's should drop all 5-A teams to 4-A.
schools can't opt down

This is so dumb. And those coaches will boast about making the playoffs.

Lol... you people know nothing. That move literally saved everyone's ass at the uil. It wouldve made it so hard on everyone. You gotta remember schools have other sports too. So a 3 team distrcit would be horrible for travle. Even 4 teams but it helps

The other sports are not divided into big and small 5-A classifications, this they all compete in a district/s of all the 5-A teams in El Paso. FB is the only sport competing in the 4 team or 5 team District

Yeah, it is a way the UIL gives a participation trophy to schools and districts. EVERONE wins, Make the STATE PLAYOFFS! (almost). also more hotel money.

FalconFeather
The other sports are not divided into big and small 5-A classifications, this they all compete in a district/s of all the 5-A teams in El Paso. FB is the only sport competing in the 4 team or 5 team District
Football funds most sports and football is the most expensive so travel definitely does affect.

They had to do this. Otherwise El Paso teams In 5AD1 would have had to travel to Amarillo or Lubbock for district.

NewYear
They had to do this. Otherwise El Paso teams In 5AD1 would have had to travel to Amarillo or Lubbock for district.
One step away from participation trophies for all. Opens up the possibility for a 0-10 team to make the playoffs.

They should schedule home and home games for the district, if UIL allows it. Otherwise it'll be real tough getting 10 games in the schedule.

NewYear
Welcome to west Texas big travel for district games. Travel over 200 miles for district games is no big deal. San Angelo Central was in a district with metroplex teams the last couple of years. This coming two, they have Frenship in district 2-6A. El Paso teams have been spared long travel for district games in the past. There could be long bus rides in the future as the snap shot numbers change. With pre-divided districts, it is more likely to happen. Good thing Chapin opted up.

Dude
NewYear
Welcome to west Texas big travel for district games. Travel over 200 miles for district games is no big deal. San Angelo Central was in a district with metroplex teams the last couple of years. This coming two, they have Frenship in district 2-6A. El Paso teams have been spared long travel for district games in the past. There could be long bus rides in the future as the snap shot numbers change. With pre-divided districts, it is more likely to happen. Good thing Chapin opted up.
Looking at a map and the potential 5A schools, I don't see there ever being a district realignment with non-El Paso vicinity schools being in the same districts as El Paso schools. Lubbock, Plainview, and the Amarillo schools are the only ones close enough to be considered and they are too far for weekday sport(basketball,volleyball...) district games. I guess the island of El Paso will stay separate for the foreseeable future.

Dude
Dude
NewYear
Looking at a map and the potential 5A schools, I don't see there ever being a district realignment with non-El Paso vicinity schools being in the same districts as El Paso schools. Lubbock, Plainview, and the Amarillo schools are the only ones close enough to be considered and they are too far for weekday sport(basketball,volleyball...) district games. I guess the island of El Paso will stay separate for the foreseeable future.
Again you udiots dont realize that 5a is different for foot all and the rest of the sports

Looking at the alignments for other sports; I still see the island of El Paso. I guess the football seasons will end for the foreseeable future with the 'Island" champions being declared and then these are sacrificed on the altars of Panhandle and Permian Basin teams.

Dude
Dude
NewYear
Split divisions are for football only. Rememeber that in 5A all other sports have districts of 8-9 teams.

🤩
FalconFeather
Football funds most sports and football is the most expensive so travel definitely does affect.
Travel is the culprit for teams. In my opinion El Paso is better off being part of the state of New Mexico rather than the state of Texas.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m