Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Football 2020

East
Loco
Yaya92
You can pretty much count Andress out for 2020 as they lost 1/2 their team to graduates and transfers..... Parkland might be able to make something work with their Seniors.... Americas rarely plays anyone good so they’ll be sitting pretty... Chapin might struggle with the changes of a new coach but that’s one to watch...
6A:
Americas will be strong with Dumas returning for his Senior campaign. Foundation has been set there.
Eastwood and Eastlake will surely shake things up in 6A. Not saying they are the front runners, however it\'ll be interesting to see how they fit in that district.
I wouldn\'t rule out a strong showing from Pebble Hills. They have the athletes, facilities, and coaches to make a good run.

5A D-1
Del Valle has many starters returning including a strong backfield.
Bel Air has Parsons at QB, and should have a better offense this year.
Chapin has talent and a offensive minded coach that should open up that passing attack this year.
El Dorado has talent and numbers, just needs to put it all together.

1-5A DII
Parkland should enter the year as the favorite. As the saying goes, to be the man you\'ve got to beat the man.
Hanks has their QB Molina back for his Senior year. New WR\'s will have to mesh early, but a strong line on both sides of the ball should help.
Canutillo has the size and talent to compete annually. Brooks will have to replace some RB production, but usually rarely finds that a problem
Ysleta and Horizon will battle for the 4 seed. Both schools have potential, with Horizon returning their QB and Ysleta doing well on the lower levels.

2-5A DII
Andress is a mystery this upcoming year. They lost plenty of players, but the well never seems to run dry. Talent is abound in the Andress Area.
Austin will always have a fighters chance. Pichardo has done a great job instilling toughness and a defined program around the Panthers.
Burges will be the favorite in my mind. They have a stable of running backs that could give defenses nightmares all year.
Montwood Rams will take the 6A Title.
Canutillo lost 28-35 players due to graduating. Rebuild this year but will win district.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m