​​​​​​​
EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Jones vs. Dumas. Burgess vs. America's

lets get the powers that be to make this game happen. When have 2 power 5 caliber players ever played each other in el paso.

Re: Jones vs. Dumas. Burgess vs. America's

Get the first and last letter in Tavorus then the first and last letter in Dumas what do you get? TDss

Get Dumas first name and Tavorus last name what do you get??? Aaron Jones

How many letters in Aaron Dumas and Tavorus Jones??? 22

Both Aaron Dumas and Tavorus Jones wear the #22

I can go on and on

Love this idea, I would love to see the ground and pound Dumas vs. the versatile in the air, on the ground, behind center T. Jones. Was able to do a couple of their games last year and it was fun watching, especially Burges offense. Can't wait for Friday nights!

GURU
Get the first and last letter in Tavorus then the first and last letter in Dumas what do you get? TDss

I can go on and on

Good one LMAO

This would be a very intriguing matchup indeed!

However, schedules are already set (tentatively due to COVID 19), and I don't believe that these two school are matching up.

It would take both schools negotiating and their respective opponents agreeing in the same week to swap games.

Intriguing match-up yes, but this game would come down to which team can scheme a way to stop the other or which defense is better overall.

Did they play any common opponents last year. That could be an indicator of the match up possibly.

Did they play any common opponents last year. That could be an indicator of the match up possibly.
I believe they had one common opponent in Socorro HS. However, that's not a really good indicator of team strength, as the Socorro program is still attempting to find its way after numerous coaching changes and another new HC.

It could be how did each team do against them.

Make it happen!!!!! How hard would it be to switch one game around really? This would definitely intrigue a ton of football fans in EP! Who coach these clubs, I've been hearing good things about their coaching staffs. Make it happen!!

Americas would win easy. Not because of the runningbacks but theyre a better team overall

Rgv
Americas would win easy. Not because of the runningbacks but theyre a better team overall
I agree, Americas is better coached and has the better defense

I wouldn't count out the Mustangs, I think they would give Americas a game. As far as "better coached" I see it the other way around, the staff at Burges has done a nice job the last couple years. Would be cool to see this game play out.

I also think this wouldn't be much of a game. But the new poster the water boy is obviously a burges fan.

Question would the coaches play this game.

GURU

I can go on and on

Let this blow your mind:
Dumas went to Ross Middle School and could have gone to Burges.
Imagine both Dumas and Jones in the same backfield

Wide Left
GURU

I can go on and on

Let this blow your mind:
What about Aaron Jones did he too go to Ross? If so there's the connection

Everyone goes to Ross

GURU
Everyone goes to Ross

Not only does Ross produce great RBs, they have cheap name brand clothes, and provide good fight entertainment.

EP2RGV
Wide Left
GURU

I can go on and on

Let this blow your mind:
What about Aaron Jones did he too go to Ross? If so there's the connection
Yup he did

Let us calm down. This would not even be close. Not to discredit the young man from Burges, but I don't really understand the hype thus far. Yes he is versatile playing a little QB, catching balls thrown his way, has size, and rushing like crazy, but let's realize who the numbers were put up against.

Against the mighty teams of 1-5A in the likes of:

El Paso High 0-10 186 rushing 9 receiving 3 TD's
Socorro 0-10 89 rushing 76 receiving 2 TD's
Jefferson 3-8 160 rushing 25 receiving 2 TD's
Irvin 3-6 226 rushing 22 receiving 4 TD's
Bowie 6-5 91 rushing 70 receiving 3 TD's

12-39 752 rushing 193 receiving 14 TD's

Austin 8-3 15 rushing 0 receiving 0 TD's
Andress 7-4 36 rushing 48 receiving 0 TD's
Eastlake 6-5 48 rushing 91 receiving 1 TD

21-12 99 rushing 139 receiving 1 TD

Dumas may be smaller but has shown he can carry the load against much tougher teams. Let's be real. 1-5A is probably in the lower tier of 5-A Districts. He can have offers coming from all over, but as I tried to show in a previous post, EP has produced very very few SUCCESSFUL (THEY MADE MAJOR CONTRIBUTIONS PLAYING - NOT HS TROPHY CASE AND SIGNED!!!) in last 10 years. You have Steven Montes (Colorado), Alex Torres (TTech), Aaron Jones (UTEP), John Skelton (Fordham) was a while back. Someone mentioned Romney at BYU but that is up in the air. Came in on TV and did well replacing hurt QB. Yet only has started 2 games thus far.

We have lots of kids who can light it up on Friday nights. Awesome. But let the record speak for itself. How many Friday night heroes flamed out in college by getting kicked out or quitting or not going back? How many simply did not materialize and produce? How many keep transferring and can't make it?

Maybe Nick Saban knows something I don't. But I'll take Dumas at this stage of their careers.

Only an idiot would go against Saban's football knowledge and on offering all around solid athletes to get him and Alabama to Bowl Games year in and year out.

FalconFeather
Let us calm down. This would not even be close. Not to discredit the young man from Burges, but I don't really understand the hype thus far. Yes he is versatile playing a little QB, catching balls thrown his way, has size, and rushing like crazy, but let's realize who the numbers were put up against.

Against the mighty teams of 1-5A in the likes of:

El Paso High 0-10 186 rushing 9 receiving 3 TD's
Socorro 0-10 89 rushing 76 receiving 2 TD's
Jefferson 3-8 160 rushing 25 receiving 2 TD's
Irvin 3-6 226 rushing 22 receiving 4 TD's
Bowie 6-5 91 rushing 70 receiving 3 TD's

12-39 752 rushing 193 receiving 14 TD's

Austin 8-3 15 rushing 0 receiving 0 TD's
Andress 7-4 36 rushing 48 receiving 0 TD's
Eastlake 6-5 48 rushing 91 receiving 1 TD

21-12 99 rushing 139 receiving 1 TD

Dumas may be smaller but has shown he can carry the load against much tougher teams. Let's be real. 1-5A is probably in the lower tier of 5-A Districts. He can have offers coming from all over, but as I tried to show in a previous post, EP has produced very very few SUCCESSFUL (THEY MADE MAJOR CONTRIBUTIONS PLAYING - NOT HS TROPHY CASE AND SIGNED!!!) in last 10 years. You have Steven Montes (Colorado), Alex Torres (TTech), Aaron Jones (UTEP), John Skelton (Fordham) was a while back. Someone mentioned Romney at BYU but that is up in the air. Came in on TV and did well replacing hurt QB. Yet only has started 2 games thus far.

We have lots of kids who can light it up on Friday nights. Awesome. But let the record speak for itself. How many Friday night heroes flamed out in college by getting kicked out or quitting or not going back? How many simply did not materialize and produce? How many keep transferring and can't make it?

Maybe Nick Saban knows something I don't. But I'll take Dumas at this stage of their careers.

High profile coaches do not focus solely on stats, as we have seen some if not all kids end up getting recruited for a different position or end up changing positions than what they played in high school. IF that was the case then no one would submit highlights for coaches to see they would only send stats. College coaches dissect film and see where said recruit would fit better, will Jones play RB at the collegiate level more than likely not, will Dumas be a RB at the collegiate level highly likely. Congrats to both young men as it is not easy getting P5 coaches attention being from El Paso.

I'm not sure why you'd think that Tavorus Jones wouldn't play RB at the next level, I'm on the side of thinking that he would. Dumas will be a solid RB as well. It's all about the fit with the program and then showing that you could handle the load once you get there. Playmaking ability is definitely what wins spots. If you can think back to when Aaron Jones was a freshman at UTEP, he showed right off the bat that he was a dynamic playmaker with gamebreaking ability. He slowly added on size throughout his college years and look at where he is now.

UTEP is intriguing because they have shown the last few years to be a team that rotates their RB's consistently. Maybe getting in there, producing early, and winning some games would solidy that spot for someone through the year.

As far as the game would go, that would be a fun one to watch. Americas has more numbers obviously and is one of the bigger schools in the city. TEAM speed would definitely play a factor in the matchup as to who would come out on top.

And bringing up Jones' stats for the year, you left out that he had over 100 yards rushing the Area Championship this year against the state semi-finalists in Lubbock Cooper.

I don't thing Jones stats are anywhere near dumas stats. Dumas has elite stats and led the state 2 years in a row if not mistaken. Make no mistake the americas schedule is much tougher then the burges schedule. Dumas stats are just more impressive. My two cents. And the game wouldn't be fun to watch it would be 1 sided. I dont think Burges could beat any of the 6a upper echelon teams which includes montwood, Franklin, pebble hills, Franklin, or even coronado. My two cents take it for what it is. I think overall the 6as are too strong for burges

Like some in this board have said. Stats matter to some people and stats don't matter to other people. Same goes for college coaches.

I don't thing Jones stats are anywhere near dumas stats. Dumas has elite stats and led the state 2 years in a row if not mistaken. Make no mistake the americas schedule is much tougher then the burges schedule. Dumas stats are just more impressive. My two cents. And the game wouldn't be fun to watch it would be 1 sided. I dont think Burges could beat any of the 6a upper echelon teams which includes montwood, Franklin, pebble hills, Franklin, or even coronado. My two cents take it for what it is. I think overall the 6as are too strong for burges
I second that opinion, not taking away anything from the Jones kid. He's obviously super talented and I wish him the best. But Burgess wouldn't want any of that 6A action. I'll even throw a no chance at them beating newly risen Eastwood and Eastlake.

FCGriffins
I don\'t thing Jones stats are anywhere near dumas stats. Dumas has elite stats and led the state 2 years in a row if not mistaken. Make no mistake the americas schedule is much tougher then the burges schedule. Dumas stats are just more impressive. My two cents. And the game wouldn\'t be fun to watch it would be 1 sided. I dont think Burges could beat any of the 6a upper echelon teams which includes montwood, Franklin, pebble hills, Franklin, or even coronado. My two cents take it for what it is. I think overall the 6as are too strong for burges
I second that opinion, not taking away anything from the Jones kid. He's obviously super talented and I wish him the best. But Burgess wouldn't want any of that 6A action. I'll even throw a no chance at them beating newly risen Eastwood and Eastlake.
Didn't add them because they weren't there last season

FCGriffins
I don\\\'t thing Jones stats are anywhere near dumas stats. Dumas has elite stats and led the state 2 years in a row if not mistaken. Make no mistake the americas schedule is much tougher then the burges schedule. Dumas stats are just more impressive. My two cents. And the game wouldn\\\'t be fun to watch it would be 1 sided. I dont think Burges could beat any of the 6a upper echelon teams which includes montwood, Franklin, pebble hills, Franklin, or even coronado. My two cents take it for what it is. I think overall the 6as are too strong for burges
I second that opinion, not taking away anything from the Jones kid. He\'s obviously super talented and I wish him the best. But Burgess wouldn\'t want any of that 6A action. I\'ll even throw a no chance at them beating newly risen Eastwood and Eastlake.
Didn't add them because they weren't there last season
Jones and dumas are the best players in ep. jones just happens to be on a “bad” team.

Rgv
FCGriffins
I don\\\\\\\'t thing Jones stats are anywhere near dumas stats. Dumas has elite stats and led the state 2 years in a row if not mistaken. Make no mistake the americas schedule is much tougher then the burges schedule. Dumas stats are just more impressive. My two cents. And the game wouldn\\\\\\\'t be fun to watch it would be 1 sided. I dont think Burges could beat any of the 6a upper echelon teams which includes montwood, Franklin, pebble hills, Franklin, or even coronado. My two cents take it for what it is. I think overall the 6as are too strong for burges
I second that opinion, not taking away anything from the Jones kid. He\\\'s obviously super talented and I wish him the best. But Burgess wouldn\\\'t want any of that 6A action. I\\\'ll even throw a no chance at them beating newly risen Eastwood and Eastlake.
Didn\'t add them because they weren\'t there last season
Jones and dumas are the best players in ep. jones just happens to be on a “bad” team.
I wouldn't say bad. Theybare an above average 5a team that would get beat by 40 against any 7a playoff team. The nicer thing to say is he plays in aess competitive environment.

If you say Burges is bad then you must also say Parkland and Eastlake are bad. Look up the final scores in the last two seasons of Burges against Parkland and Eastlake.

Edgar
If you say Burges is bad then you must also say Parkland and Eastlake are bad. Look up the final scores in the last two seasons of Burges against Parkland and Eastlake.
Hence why i used quotations.... reading comprehension. But then again that district was very weak. Thats facts. We all know 6a teams in ep are at a diff level than those 5as

Rgv
Edgar
Hence why i used quotations.... reading comprehension. But then again that district was very weak. Thats facts. We all know 6a teams in ep are at a diff level than those 5as
I concur

I'm sorry Jones is a good player but not a power 5 type. Dumas should be getting some of these offers from the major conferences not Jones. Jones disappears against superior teams and although he has some talent he is not the next Aaron Jones. What makes Jones better than Dumas and the other top players in El Paso? I know its not his fault that he plays at Burges. Being the big fish in a small pond is nice for inflated stats but is not a realistic indicator of his talent. Lets see how he does going up against 6A schools in El Paso and some from out of town. Why do other talented players get over looked despite having similar stats, size, speed, and grades? Are the coaches at Burges the only ones putting in the effort to get their kids recruited. It seems to me that Jones is connected via family or family friend that is selling him to these programs. I wish him the best and I hope he is successful but Dumas is the real deal and is deserving of a top tier scholarship.

DaMinerMan
I'm sorry Jones is a good player but not a power 5 type. Dumas should be getting some of these offers from the major conferences not Jones. Jones disappears against superior teams and although he has some talent he is not the next Aaron Jones. What makes Jones better than Dumas and the other top players in El Paso? I know its not his fault that he plays at Burges. Being the big fish in a small pond is nice for inflated stats but is not a realistic indicator of his talent. Lets see how he does going up against 6A schools in El Paso and some from out of town. Why do other talented players get over looked despite having similar stats, size, speed, and grades? Are the coaches at Burges the only ones putting in the effort to get their kids recruited. It seems to me that Jones is connected via family or family friend that is selling him to these programs. I wish him the best and I hope he is successful but Dumas is the real deal and is deserving of a top tier scholarship.
If you seriously think that a lot of these coaches are doing the recruiting work for these kids you are mistaken, a lot of it has to do with parents taking these kids to camps and sending film out.

His parents are doing a hell of a job.....they should put on a seminar on how to get a college football scholarship at Power 5 conference.

DaMinerMan
His parents are doing a hell of a job.....they should put on a seminar on how to get a college football scholarship at Power 5 conference.
I looked up his stats and theybare real pedestrian. Nothing to warrant the attention. Yes his parents or whoever should put on a seminar. But back to the game. Would these coaches play. Would draw a bunch of attention. Would be fun to see them go head up.

EP2RGV
DaMinerMan
I\'m sorry Jones is a good player but not a power 5 type. Dumas should be getting some of these offers from the major conferences not Jones. Jones disappears against superior teams and although he has some talent he is not the next Aaron Jones. What makes Jones better than Dumas and the other top players in El Paso? I know its not his fault that he plays at Burges. Being the big fish in a small pond is nice for inflated stats but is not a realistic indicator of his talent. Lets see how he does going up against 6A schools in El Paso and some from out of town. Why do other talented players get over looked despite having similar stats, size, speed, and grades? Are the coaches at Burges the only ones putting in the effort to get their kids recruited. It seems to me that Jones is connected via family or family friend that is selling him to these programs. I wish him the best and I hope he is successful but Dumas is the real deal and is deserving of a top tier scholarship.
If you seriously think that a lot of these coaches are doing the recruiting work for these kids you are mistaken, a lot of it has to do with parents taking these kids to camps and sending film out.
Both of you are wrong. Talk to the local El Paso kids with the D1 offers and ask them what is going on behind the scenes. Stop thinking what you want to be true or what someone told you and seek out the Actual Truth. Ask The D1 kids!!!

IGWT
EP2RGV
DaMinerMan
I\\'m sorry Jones is a good player but not a power 5 type. Dumas should be getting some of these offers from the major conferences not Jones. Jones disappears against superior teams and although he has some talent he is not the next Aaron Jones. What makes Jones better than Dumas and the other top players in El Paso? I know its not his fault that he plays at Burges. Being the big fish in a small pond is nice for inflated stats but is not a realistic indicator of his talent. Lets see how he does going up against 6A schools in El Paso and some from out of town. Why do other talented players get over looked despite having similar stats, size, speed, and grades? Are the coaches at Burges the only ones putting in the effort to get their kids recruited. It seems to me that Jones is connected via family or family friend that is selling him to these programs. I wish him the best and I hope he is successful but Dumas is the real deal and is deserving of a top tier scholarship.
Both of you are wrong. Talk to the local El Paso kids with the D1 offers and ask them what is going on behind the scenes. Stop thinking what you want to be true or what someone told you and seek out the Actual Truth. Ask The D1 kids!!!
Okay.... when I mean parents that also includes them paying for recruiting services there are so many out there heck my son gets messages from "recruiters" on Twitter for a certain fee they will put your highlights out there. Do coaches assist of course they do for the kids they believe have it but they do not assist all their football players.

Stop pretending you know and stop the guessing game. Once again Ask The local area kids that have received D1 offers.

IGWT
Stop pretending you know and stop the guessing game. Once again Ask The local area kids that have received D1 offers.
High school football players who have Division 1 offers will likely not share that information because most players want everyone to know they were offered by university coaches because of their skills and grades not because some help from anyone. For example you don't have people saying I graduated from high school because I received help from tutors.

but there is definitely correlation. Certain high schools have all the kids getting offers. Which schools are those. Obviously there is something different happening at those schools. Someone should look it up. Say last 10 years which schools had the most d1 kids.

but there is definitely correlation. Certain high schools have all the kids getting offers. Which schools are those. Obviously there is something different happening at those schools. Someone should look it up. Say last 10 years which schools had the most d1 kids.
That is fake news.

Certain high schools DO NOT have all the kids getting Division 1 offers. That's an excuse

And there is no need to look it up because this website has a page on it.

http://nextlevel.epgridiron.com/

If you see from 2019 all the way back to 2005 this is what it shows

Chapin 22
Franklin 16
Americas 15
Andress 12
Montwood 11
Coronado 11
Parkland 7
Burges 7
Del Valle 6
Eastwood 6
El Dorado 4
Riverside 4
Irvin 2
Horizon 1
Canutillo 1
Hanks 1
El Paso high 1
Pebble Hills 1
Bowie 1

Actually it isn't fake news and that link solidified my remark. Look at the list and you see certain schools year in and year out and on occasion with multiple kids in the same year.

But back to lining this game up.

Actually it isn't fake news and that link solidified my remark. Look at the list and you see certain schools year in and year out and on occasion with multiple kids in the same year.
2019 all the way back to 2005 Chapin is on top of that list with 22, then Franklin 16 and others below them.

Chapin 22
Franklin 16
Americas 15
Andress 12
Montwood 11
Coronado 11
Parkland 7
Burges 7
Del Valle 6
Eastwood 6
El Dorado 4
Riverside 4
Irvin 2
Horizon 1
Canutillo 1
Hanks 1
El Paso high 1
Pebble Hills 1
Bowie 1

Will be sending my boys to Chapin!!!!!

Rudy
Will be sending my boys to Chapin!!!!!
As I

DaMinerMan
Don't matter on stats or Hudl hi lites. SIZE SIZE SIZE and speed is what D1 recruiters look for.

EastSider
DaMinerMan
I\'m sorry Jones is a good player but not a power 5 type. Dumas should be getting some of these offers from the major conferences not Jones. Jones disappears against superior teams and although he has some talent he is not the next Aaron Jones. What makes Jones better than Dumas and the other top players in El Paso? I know its not his fault that he plays at Burges. Being the big fish in a small pond is nice for inflated stats but is not a realistic indicator of his talent. Lets see how he does going up against 6A schools in El Paso and some from out of town. Why do other talented players get over looked despite having similar stats, size, speed, and grades? Are the coaches at Burges the only ones putting in the effort to get their kids recruited. It seems to me that Jones is connected via family or family friend that is selling him to these programs. I wish him the best and I hope he is successful but Dumas is the real deal and is deserving of a top tier scholarship.
Don't matter on stats or Hudl hi lites. SIZE SIZE SIZE.
Lol this dude is really calling over 1k yards pedestrian lol. Also thats not what coaches are looking at. Theyre looking at skillset , same reason why theres alot of 2k rushers around the us with no offers. Stop the “pedestrian stats” , these coaches are looking at vision, skill speed etc.

Rgv
EastSider
DaMinerMan
I\\\'m sorry Jones is a good player but not a power 5 type. Dumas should be getting some of these offers from the major conferences not Jones. Jones disappears against superior teams and although he has some talent he is not the next Aaron Jones. What makes Jones better than Dumas and the other top players in El Paso? I know its not his fault that he plays at Burges. Being the big fish in a small pond is nice for inflated stats but is not a realistic indicator of his talent. Lets see how he does going up against 6A schools in El Paso and some from out of town. Why do other talented players get over looked despite having similar stats, size, speed, and grades? Are the coaches at Burges the only ones putting in the effort to get their kids recruited. It seems to me that Jones is connected via family or family friend that is selling him to these programs. I wish him the best and I hope he is successful but Dumas is the real deal and is deserving of a top tier scholarship.
Don\'t matter on stats or Hudl hi lites. SIZE SIZE SIZE.
Lol this dude is really calling over 1k yards pedestrian lol. Also thats not what coaches are looking at. Theyre looking at skillset , same reason why theres alot of 2k rushers around the us with no offers. Stop the “pedestrian stats” , these coaches are looking at vision, skill speed etc.
Stats don't matter, what matters is SIZE SIZE SIZE and speed. That's what D1 recruiters look for.

For the last 30 to 35 years I have followed El Paso high school football and have seen huge Hispanics 6ft 6in, 6ft 5in, and 6ft 4in who had speed for their respective positions but were never offered by D1 schools. They always ended up at D2s and D3s or no school at all. There is more that goes into recruiting than simply size and speed. Also factor in that each D1 school looks for players that will fit their play calling schemes.

1 2
w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m