​​​​​​​
EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Student-Athletes with Corona Virus

What does Cathedral’s positive case mean for the rest of the football programs in the city? Did they mess it up for everyone?

Re: Student-Athletes with Corona Virus

WhatNow
What does Cathedral’s positive case mean for the rest of the football programs in the city? Did they mess it up for everyone?
I think it is fake news. If it is actually true and if you say did Cathedral mess it up for everyone if that is the case then all football coaches and players in high school, college and professional are walking on freaking thin ice.

But again I think it is fake news. Alot of fake news going around in this world and that is the real virus.

Might all be fake news that is spreading throughout the globe however the fact remains that a multitude of people are buying into it and that makes it a reality and that is the truth.

Does cathedral even have facilities to conduct workouts or were they just meeting st a gym or park. That could have went into it.

FarEastsider
WhatNow
I think it is fake news. If it is actually true and if you say did Cathedral mess it up for everyone if that is the case then all football coaches and players in high school, college and professional are walking on freaking thin ice.

But again I think it is fake news. Alot of fake news going around in this world and that is the real virus.
Lol im not even gonna say anything. This comment shows alot

Cathedral does have a weight room and a gym lol

WhatNow
You should also ask What does Socorro's positive case mean for the rest of the football programs in the city?

Rudy
WhatNow
You should also ask What does Socorro's positive case mean for the rest of the football programs in the city?

https://www.ktsm.com/sports/high-school-sports/socorro-high-school-postpones-summer-workouts-after-coach-exhibits-covid-19-symptoms/

Rudy
Rudy
WhatNow

https://www.ktsm.com/sports/high-school-sports/socorro-high-school-postpones-summer-workouts-after-coach-exhibits-covid-19-symptoms/
Covid19 aka Rona is here and is not going to disappear. So what do we do? Unfortunately, wait for a vaccine. If your sons or daughters happen to get the virus you wont be happy.

Per EP Gridiron's twitter page

The list of athletics programs in US universities reporting coronavirus cases is growing. It includes

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1270821258066907137

Several Cowboys and Texans players recently tested positive for the coronavirus. Ezekiel Elliott is one of several Cowboys players to test positive for COVID-19

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1272560770388316163

Westsider

Per EP Gridiron's twitter page

The list of athletics programs in US universities reporting coronavirus cases is growing. It includes

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1270821258066907137

Several Cowboys and Texans players recently tested positive for the coronavirus. Ezekiel Elliott is one of several Cowboys players to test positive for COVID-19

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1272560770388316163
I saw that and I don't like saying this but it does not look like there will be a Pro, College or HS Football season. Hoping I'm wrong and things get to 100% normal in a miraculous way later this month or in the month of July.

Rudy
WhatNow
Like I said FAKE NEWS!!!!!

Contrary to what KVIA has posted. Socorro ISD has not cancelled any workouts and there had not been any reports from any SISD coaches today.

https://twitter.com/CoachCal_ADM/status/1272719266043830273

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news(real news) but there will be NO fall sports. . Districts will not risk the liability of kids getting sick on their watch. . SISD is the ginipig here and as soon as the first case hits the ripple affect will begin throughout the city.

Iron horse
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news(real news) but there will be NO fall sports. . Districts will not risk the liability of kids getting sick on their watch. . SISD is the ginipig here and as soon as the first case hits the ripple affect will begin throughout the city.
You're not the only person as the bearer of bad news. Many throughout the state and across the country are also as the bearer of bad news.

FarEastsider
Rudy
WhatNow
Like I said FAKE NEWS!!!!!

Contrary to what KVIA has posted. Socorro ISD has not cancelled any workouts and there had not been any reports from any SISD coaches today.

https://twitter.com/CoachCal_ADM/status/1272719266043830273
Check the SISD web site. It is canceled at SHS.

Iron horse
This is the out come of people not complying with social distancing and wearing masks. You constantly see get togethers and social gathering everywhere. Now we are going to pay the price of our kiddos not being able to enjoy school activities their senior year. Way to go non-compliers.

Westsider
Iron horse
This is the out come of people not complying with social distancing and wearing masks. You constantly see get togethers and social gathering everywhere. Now we are going to pay the price of our kiddos not being able to enjoy school activities their senior year. Way to go non-compliers.
Weak virus would have immediately disappeared if people listened and quarantined like they were really suppose to. Forget football or any sports for the matter. People should have just chilled drinking brew or what have you on their porch or backyard and let the weak virus evaporate but noooooooo people with their optimism positivity nonsense and speaking the virus out of existence. The optimism, positivity and speaking it out of existence was simply quarantine 100% for about a good month or two and it would have been gone. People now have to be serious and do it and forget sports and if quarantined properly it will be completely gone by November.

I am also in the group who says there will be no high school, college or professional football this year.

Lets be clear there is no liability for the school districts as there is no way for it to be proven that the virus was contracted at the school.

Lets be clear there is no liability for the school districts as there is no way for it to be proven that the virus was contracted at the school.
Trust me, the School Districts DO NOT want to see you in court to discuss where the Student Athlete contracted the virus.

there would be absolutely no way to prove it. Have you been out in el paso. It is business as usual

We had Cathedral do it and Socorro HS postpones/cancelled their workouts because a coach has symptoms the Friday before the start of the workouts imagine when the first case of a student pops up, no way it will continue. . It’s unfortunate reality

I went as far as to recommend testing of each athlete and coach prior to the start of workouts and every 2 weeks but guess it was a little two much for them to consider

Iron horse
I went as far as to recommend testing of each athlete and coach prior to the start of workouts and every 2 weeks but guess it was a little two much for them to consider
Good point Ironhorse, try an explain it to the DOT person …..

When was I outspoken against testing. I stated that there would be zero way for anyone to prove exposure happened at the school. I was speaking on the post about districts worried about liability

Unfortunately, the virus is here to stay and the vaccine is months away from mass production. Districts have a few options as do states when it all comes down to it.

They can either just accept that at some point a student, teacher or staff member may contract the virus, and still proceed with business as usual, as if that person had any other illness that required them to be away at some point.

Or, as we have seen across the state, they will shut it down for 14 days in order to disinfect and not allow people to congregate with one another.

School districts have been on the side of caution, as I'm sure they don't want anyone of their students / staff getting sick to the point of a severe hospitalization or death.

Everyone was really excited to get Strength and Conditioning started around the state, and each district ultimately put in place strict guidelines to follow when it came to athletes and their safety. Unfortunately, you can't control what those student athletes and staff do when they are not on campus.

I believe this will be a very unique and challenging year for all involved in high school athletics and schools in general. I would be ready for some radical changes this coming year.

When was I outspoken against testing. I stated that there would be zero way for anyone to prove exposure happened at the school. I was speaking on the post about districts worried about liability
Thanks to all the people how are ignoring the Social Distancing if the School Districts or the UIL decide to close down schools events due to Covid19 issues.

With all the reports coming out from the pro, college and high school teams I don't see a football season happening this year.

Edgar
With all the reports coming out from the pro, college and high school teams I don't see a football season happening this year.
I'm on the same wave length as you. Season will not be taking place this fall not unless a miracle occurs.

Blue Jays and Phillies just shut down after 5 positive test. As long as people freak out every time theres a positive test, we won't start anything. We either learn to live with this or we wait for the vaccine. Originally, the goal was to flatten the curve and not overwhelm the hospitals. Now the goal is a vaccine. Its over. No FALL SPORTS.

Now, a company says they can get the vaccine out in September. If this happens then we can hope for a late start. Otherwise, we may get Spring Football or no football

Yesterday it was reported that Clemson football had 23 players test positive for coronavirus

Yes and none of them contracted it at the workouts they all already had it because its business as usual

Westsider
Yesterday it was reported that Clemson football had 23 players test positive for coronavirus
Wonder what actions would be taking place if Clemson had those 23 players test positive for corona after the first week of the college fb season.

Westsider
Edgar
With all the reports coming out from the pro, college and high school teams I don\'t see a football season happening this year.
I'm on the same wave length as you. Season will not be taking place this fall not unless a miracle occurs.
Like you all I do not and I repeat I do not see football being played this year whether it's NFL, College or High School. Like Westsider said it's going to take a miracle and a big miracle at that.

7on7 competitions taking place are jeopardizing the season. I was hopeful for the season. Not anymore.

High school kids who play football are not paid, Not worth the risk. Too early to start. Move the start date to early next year.

Smart thing to do is have no football this year

That's my 2 cents on this topic.

Larry
7on7 competitions taking place are jeopardizing the season. I was hopeful for the season. Not anymore.
There are others throughout the country who are already starting to host combine format competitions. Players are going at it. Roughing each other up with no consideration to social distancing. Those hosting those combines right now are only thinking about $$$$$ they do not care about the real high school football season. Something has to be done about that.

There is a simple fix for that. Those high schoolers that are right now participating in 7on7s and Combines events should not be allowed to participate in their high school football team's strength and conditioning workouts.

No football twenty twenty

Strength and Conditioning workouts are beginning to be cancelled throughout the state of Texas and the rest of the country.

Bad news coming out today probably by tonight for EP HS football. This will probably tip the scale to no football or fall sports. Sad but necessary

Iron horse stop spreading BS false rumors. Pessimistic people is whats wrong with our society right now. Everything will be fine

I know baseball is way different than football but the MLB announced that they will be starting their 60 game season in July.

Jason
I know baseball is way different than football but the MLB announced that they will be starting their 60 game season in July.
This is my take on that.

Major League Baseball has the millions and millions and millions of dollars along with tons of resources so they can take the risk and handle each issue or case as it occurs. So it makes sense to move forward plus they will make tons of more money in doing so.

High school sports makes peanuts and therefore would be wise not to take the risk. This has nothing to do with being positive or whatever.

Can anyone explain how Hanks will be starting workouts Monday, only 5 days after finding a positive covid result within coaching staff and other coaches exposed to this coach. What happened to the the 14 day quarantine rule??. . Socorro HS postpones their start until July 6 and their coach was negative. Someone can explain??

COVIDConcerN
Can anyone explain how Hanks will be starting workouts Monday, only 5 days after finding a positive covid result within coaching staff and other coaches exposed to this coach. What happened to the the 14 day quarantine rule??. . Socorro HS postpones their start until July 6 and their coach was negative. Someone can explain??
I am sure the coach with positive result will not be present as he will be quarantined for 14 days or more. The other coaches came out negative so no need to worry. Over reaction is not the way to get through this.

I do not know the rush to get everyone back to workouts and training, Texas Covid cases are on the way up. I think more caution should be taken, Are any teams that are working out here in EP really State Title contenders?

Because let's get back to normal. Stop being one if the sheep this virus has a low mortality rate and the people that are in jeopardy if being negatively affected by this should stay home. 90% plus people heal on their own with no medical attention. The ones that need medical help have other issues that complicates things. So stop with the hysteria and let's play.

That in a fantasy world would be great... but as of now 3 EP schools are suspending workouts, give it another week more will postpone. I really don't see season happening. Sure you can social distance while working out what happens when you really have to be in close proximity, locker rooms, busses, huddles, then comes tackling. Then you have older coaches, 40, 50, 60 year olds, they are age of most infections. Well hope all goes well. Best wishes to all teams.

Because let's get back to normal. Stop being one if the sheep this virus has a low mortality rate and the people that are in jeopardy if being negatively affected by this should stay home. 90% plus people heal on their own with no medical attention. The ones that need medical help have other issues that complicates things. So stop with the hysteria and let's play.
“Get back to normal”. . The normal is no longer the normal. We ain’t in 2002 no more Dorothy!!, it’s irresponsible to have that mentality and act like there isn’t something going on that affect people’s health for something as foolish as HS football in EP. Nothing a 5’10 D-end gonna prove his senior year that’s gonna get him an offer . Most D1 kids are spotted long before they’re junior season and the others will get the walk-oon fake ceremonies to WNM or some other D4 school. Cmon

COVIDConcerN
Because let\'s get back to normal. Stop being one if the sheep this virus has a low mortality rate and the people that are in jeopardy if being negatively affected by this should stay home. 90% plus people heal on their own with no medical attention. The ones that need medical help have other issues that complicates things. So stop with the hysteria and let\'s play.
“Get back to normal”. . The normal is no longer the normal. We ain’t in 2002 no more Dorothy!!, it’s irresponsible to have that mentality and act like there isn’t something going on that affect people’s health for something as foolish as HS football in EP. Nothing a 5’10 D-end gonna prove his senior year that’s gonna get him an offer . Most D1 kids are spotted long before they’re junior season and the others will get the walk-oon fake ceremonies to WNM or some other D4 school. Cmon
Scared little sheep. This pathogen is mild for anyone without a severe underlying condition. 95% don't even need medical attention

It is very easy to be cavalier and say if I get it I get or it has a 90 something percent
survival rate, and or to say just take care of the vulnerable, these football players go
to classes and if there is school the risk is to those students may have underlying conditions, remember students
have not yet been truly exposed as school ended early so the big concern is the rate of infection
among the young and whom they might have contact with later. So the "sheep" ideology has actually gone by
the wayside as we are seeing record cases in Texas. I have to believe the one thing we know is that we don't know.
The WHO and CDC changes their directives daily. So the idea that football can go to contact within the next 4 to 5
weeks will probably be very unlikely

1 2
w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m