​​​​​​​
EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
2020-2021 Football Season

Are the rumors true, are Fall(Football) sports really swapping withSpring( baseball ) sports here in Texas??

Re: 2020-2021 Football Season

if we are lucky

https://www.dallasnews.com/high-school-sports/football/2020/06/28/see-details-including-potential-start-and-end-dates-for-each-sport-of-proposal-to-flip-flop-fall-and-spring-sports/

FTR
Are the rumors true, are Fall(Football) sports really swapping withSpring( baseball ) sports here in Texas??
Swapping of sports like football to the Spring and bring those normal Spring sports to the Fall is not going to happen.

FTR

Juco
FTR
That potential calendar looks great and all as a quick fix like putting a Band-Aid on the situation but if and when sports scheduling goes back to normal or as sports scheduling used to be how will UIL reconfigure the sports then???

The way I see it is if that potential calendar happens this year and early next year some sports and the kids who participate in those sports are going to be screwed and cheated out a season in 2021 when UIL schedules the sports back as they used to be. Not unless UIL is thinking of moving forward with that potential calendar and leaving it as is as the new norm.

Bottom line is this

If this potential calendar becomes a reality some sports and the kids who participate in those sports will be screwed and cheated out a season next year 2021.

If this potential calendar does not become a reality only football and the kids who participate in football will be screwed and cheated out this year 2020.

The wisest solution to all of this is for UIL to scrap football this year and keep the student athletes in this case the football players and also the coaches and referees safe 100%. I know it is not fair for the football players and those others involved but it is what it is. Life is not fair just like when a football player suffers a minor or major injury and not able to play football for several games or ever again but many others are able to who were not injured. Life is not fair when a person's life is altered due to an accident while others live life with no accident and function normally. I can go on with alot of examples but the point in all this is that life is not fair so stop trying to play through and around this pandemic and possibly making matters worse if you do for the long term.

Westsider
Juco
FTR
That potential calendar looks great and all as a quick fix like putting a Band-Aid on the situation but if and when sports scheduling goes back to normal or as sports scheduling used to be how will UIL reconfigure the sports then???

The way I see it is if that potential calendar happens this year and early next year some sports and the kids who participate in those sports are going to be screwed and cheated out a season in 2021 when UIL schedules the sports back as they used to be. Not unless UIL is thinking of moving forward with that potential calendar and leaving it as is as the new norm.

Bottom line is this

If this potential calendar becomes a reality some sports and the kids who participate in those sports will be screwed and cheated out a season next year 2021.

If this potential calendar does not become a reality only football and the kids who participate in football will be screwed and cheated out this year 2020.
I agree. No matter what UIL decides upon a group of individuals in a specific sport will be coming out at the losing end. What UIL should be putting their focus on is which group of individuals in a specific sport should be the sacrifice. Which group of individuals in a specific sport will take one for the team and be proud of it rather than thinking and feeling they have been robbed or cheated of an experience in their chosen sport.

Football take the hit and be the hero during this pandemic. I don't like saying that but the writing is on the wall.

It is not high school football but rumor going around that Ivy League football teams Columbia, Yale, Cornell, Princeton, Harvard, Dartmouth, Penn and Brown are moving their season to next year in the Spring. If this rumor comes to be true I think other college football conferences will follow and then high school football.

Be positive. Think covid19 out of existence.

Eastsider
Be positive. Think covid19 out of existence.
You're probably going to also tell people to use the law of attraction. :face_with_rolling_eyes:

Juco
FTR
No way they will move forward with that calendar.

At this time this calendar is nothing but a rumor, it was my understanding that a coach
from a Dallas Private school proposed this switch. I am told that many baseball coaches were
already aggressively vocalizing their displeasure as they have already lost a season. It stands
to reason, the spring sports lost their seasons when there were 100 new cases a day and now with 9000
new cases a day UIL is going to say "Hey boys let's go play a contact sport". UIL today said they were
proceeding with the fall schedule as planned but I can't see it happening as we are seeing spiking numbers
among much younger people

Multiple School Districts now announcing that if their sport gets cancelled, coaches don't get paid.

Districts need to let coaches know if they are getting paid or not so they can make plans, many rely on this extra stipend to make ends meet.

If they are not going to get paid why should they be doing FREE work in the S&C workouts?

Very sad canutillo coaches work hard. We'll take them any day

New El Paso City Ordinance states no extracurricular activities until after Labor Day in Schools. Pretty Much Delays or cancels the season.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m