​​​​​​​
EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
No Sports til Sept. El Paso Public Health Order

Sports are not allowed under the order until face to face classroom instruction is allowed in schools on Sept. 8.

Re: No Sports til Sept. El Paso Public Health Order

That pretty much cancels football for fall at least

Exactly. We all know the drill by now. Delay until September 8th. As we get pretty close to September 8th, delay until the 22nd. Then as the 22nd approaches, delay until October 12th......and on and on

Deion Flanders
Exactly. We all know the drill by now. Delay until September 8th. As we get pretty close to September 8th, delay until the 22nd. Then as the 22nd approaches, delay until October 12th......and on and on
You got that right. That's what they have been doing for months.

New Mexico Governor just cancelled football season as well as other sports for fall season.

These districts that arent paying their coaches. I would love to see the next time an Administrator ask them to help them with a students discipline to reply, "I get paid to Coach Games." The next time a kid needs shoes to tell that kid, "I get paid to coach games." The next time they have to stop a work out to help maintenance move furniture, "I get paid to coach games." The next time a parent ask to help talk to their kid about his behavior, "I get paid to coach games." The next time a teacher emails them about a kids production, "I get paid to Coach games." The next time their about to teach character counts lessons, "I get paid to Coach games." The next time they're trying to fundraise so their team can look like the other teams, "I get paid to Coach Games." The next time their volunteering to help build that playground, "I get paid to Coach Games."

The sad thing is, as a coach in El Paso, I cant say this without disguising my name.

You are so right!

From reading UIL and TEA guidelines, it is not up to the city; they just released approval that allows students who are doing distance learning to play fall sports. In the end it will leave it up to the school districts to make that decision.

So will El Paso do what the RGV is doing and breaking up their districts into zones then have a playoff week to determine seedings?

Example 31-6A has 9 teams they broke up into a zone of 5 and 4 with one non-district game and seeding week on December 4. 32-6A also did something similar as with our 5A districts.

The latter had it a bit difficult since they fall within two counties who have different start dates. All of 31-6A falls within one county so it was simple for them to break up with one start and end date.

EP probably going to cancel. We haven't heard a single thing yet!

EP probably going to cancel. We haven't heard a single thing yet!
That's a bummer it should be easy in 6A as for 5A it might get tricky with there being three 5A districts and one having what 3 schools in it? Seems like someone is dropping the ball in El Paso or coaches are keeping a hold on it. I see the health mandate is supposed to finish September 8 not very much time left to make a decision

when I say we haven't heard anything it is the truth everyone has been quiet. People in general out here are on the fence on whether it's safe or not.

Man this forum is too quite...….I am sure some of you have schedules already post them up

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m