A little bit of normality for these youngsters, hopefully everyone has a safe and fun season under these circumstances! Here are my top teams for this upcoming season!
My Top 10 Teams in the 915
1. Americas- Coach Melton returns two time All State RB Dumas along with District 1-6A Defensive MVP DE Kemp. The #1 spot is theirs until someone dethrones them! Dumas and company proved they could compete last year by winning a District Championship and Bi-District Championship. They will now try to prove the naysayers wrong by trying to repeat and go further in the playoffs this year.
2. Burges - Coach Routledge returns QB Caldwell, RB Hall, and UTIL Jones, who make up one of the best backfields in the city. The Mustangs will look to go further than last year (Area Finalist)! Four Star recruit Jones (highest recruited player ever from El Paso) will electrify on offense, LB Marenco will spearhead the Defense! Look for his team to make some noise with all the talent they have amassed!
3. Franklin- Coach Walker and the Cougars high octane offense are looking to be back as one of the top teams in the city . When the dust has settled look for QB Byrd, WR Clark, and RB Gutierrez to put up some big numbers. Their Defense will be led by a physical defensive line along with LB Powers.
4. Eastlake- Coach Rodriguez returns one of the top teams in the city in my eyes, they are loaded at almost all skill positions. This proud program will try to continue the winning tradition in a loaded 1-6A . QB Olivas is one of the best athletes in the city, couple him with WR Jones and WR Compean and we have something scary on the Horizon! This team returns 15 starters and knows that it can challenge for the district crown as well as make a playoff run.
5. Del Valle- Coach Contreras kept the OFOD tradition alive by getting into the playoffs. This team should emerge in their district easily and healthy enough to make a playoff run. District Offensive MVP RB Serrano and Defensive MVP LB Calderon will lead the way.
6. Montwood- Coach Famalagi looks to compete in a loaded 1-6A District. Whoever inherits the QB spot will have weapons in WR Oaxaca, WR Morales, WR Soto, and WR Jackson all key targets on that offense, look for the Wood to burn the ship!!
7. Eastwood- The Troopers move back to 6A where the Troopers are yet to win a district Championship under Coach Lopez. However this is a team not to sleep on and if they get hot at the right time you better watch out! QB Martinez and Company’s Air RAID offense will be fun to watch and will give their opponents fits. LB Tellez will power the defense.
8. Pebble Hills- Coach Torres and Company are on a quest to win their first ever district championship and make a playoff run. Whoever emerges at QB should have weapons in the form of ATH Donacio, ATH Partida, and WR Clemons. Look for the Spartans to try and Rise to the occasion this year.
9. Hanks- Coach Blair had a great first season in making the playoffs and pulling of an upset to a really good Austin High School last year. Dual Threat QB Molina is one of the best Athletes in the city! This kid is the real deal and ready to prove that the Knights run last year was no fluke! Look for that studs DE Thomas and DT Herrera to lead the Defense.
9. Parkland- Coach Frontz and his team from the Northeast usually doesn’t get the press it garners. However they have quietly made playoff runs the past 3 years. Look at The Park to do the same this year! RB Barron and WR Ford will lead the way on offense while LB Chavirra and LB Montalvo will lead on Defense.
10. Austin- Coach Pichardo and the Panthers shocked everyone by winning District last year. However their one dimensional offense might have cost them a Bi-District Championship. The Panthers will try to avenge that loss. Leading the way will be the two headed monster RB
Rodriguez and RB Witterstauter.
10. Andress- Who will be the next D1 prospect at Andress? Coach Woodruff will sure have some playmakers! QB Trosky, WR Cooper, and ATH Jones to lead the offense. Their is plenty of football talent at Andress, they are eager to show the city how far they can go this year.
My Top 10 Teams that will go furthest in the Playoffs
1. Burges (4th Round) Quarter Finalist
2. Americas (3rd Round) Regional Finalist
3. Eastlake (2nd Round) Area Finalist
4. Del Valle (2nd Round) Area Finalist
5. Parkland (2nd Round) Area Finalist
6. Austin (2nd Round) Area Finalist
7. Hanks (2nd Round) Area Finalist
8. Mountain View (2nd Round) Area Finalist
9. Franklin (1st Round) Bi-District Finalist
10. Montwood (1st Round) Bi-District Finalist
Like the top ten, however for your playoff predictions I do not see Americas going past RD 2 as they will more than likely meet either SLC, Trinity, or Fossil Ridge. That is if they get through the first round which shouldn't be a problem as long as they win District so they can get the lower end from district 2, but I do see RD 2 being difficult.
you do realize that these are just guidelines, nothing has been decided as of yet. It will still
be up to county health officials. Houston is becoming the New New York and cases are still rising.
Not trying to bust the bubble but we still will have to proceed with caution. I would suggest maybe
just Varsity sports. All it is going to take is a couple of kids to be positive and it is all over
Montwood will dominate district 1-6a including Americas and the rest of them!!!!
Eastwood will win their first 1-6A championship under Coach Lopez. No one can’t stop their air raid offense!!!!
No love for Canutillo Eagles?
Call up the coach office and tell them to play your son so they can be the best coaches in the city.
Jefferson gonna mow them all down