​​​​​​​
EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dumas Chooses UNM. REALLY?

A tremendous talent in Aaron Dumas Chooses UNM Lobos to pursue he's football career. Out of all the Options he chose Albuquerque NM. Don't understand his decision. I'm sure the coaches at UNM promised him the world. But in a city were it's notorious for drug usage,violence, homeless, police brutality not sure if that's a wise decision. Now in football terms. UNM went 2-10 and 0&8 in conference last year. Lastly does the UNIVERSITY OF NEW MEXICO sound or acts like a FOOTBALL TOWN. He'll miss that real college football experience. Not hating, just facts

Re: Dumas Chooses UNM. REALLY?

Gottabsmarter
A tremendous talent in Aaron Dumas Chooses UNM Lobos to pursue he's football career. Out of all the Options he chose Albuquerque NM. Don't understand his decision. I'm sure the coaches at UNM promised him the world. But in a city were it's notorious for drug usage,violence, homeless, police brutality not sure if that's a wise decision. Now in football terms. UNM went 2-10 and 0&8 in conference last year. Lastly does the UNIVERSITY OF NEW MEXICO sound or acts like a FOOTBALL TOWN. He'll miss that real college football experience. Not hating, just facts
I believe playing time and depth at the other colleges was a big factor IMO. Would you go to a P5 conference team to fall in the depth chart for multiple seasons? I am also wanting to believe that choice of degree has an impact and what it will do for him in the future.

Gottabsmarter
Deion Hankins same thing. Picked UTEP over way better programs

Hankins waited just a little too long holding out for the "better" offer in order to go to those other schools. By the time he wanted to commit to other places, there weren't any scholarships available for him. Arkansas was a perfect example of that situation happening to him. UTEP should be a good fit for him, but only time will tell. I hope he has an outstanding career there.

As far as Dumas goes, hopefully he will be apart of the rebuilding there at UNM with a new HC. I commend him for accepting the challenge of going to a lesser known football program and wanting to make it better. He will hopefully get some early playing time in his career and opportunities to see the field. Good luck to that young man and make El Paso proud!

Gottabsmarter
A tremendous talent in Aaron Dumas Chooses UNM Lobos to pursue he\'s football career. Out of all the Options he chose Albuquerque NM. Don\'t understand his decision. I\'m sure the coaches at UNM promised him the world. But in a city were it\'s notorious for drug usage,violence, homeless, police brutality not sure if that\'s a wise decision. Now in football terms. UNM went 2-10 and 0&8 in conference last year. Lastly does the UNIVERSITY OF NEW MEXICO sound or acts like a FOOTBALL TOWN. He\'ll miss that real college football experience. Not hating, just facts
He will get his looks there in the mountain west. I think it was a good choice from a business standpoint. Hell have s great chance to get on the field while playing in a decent conference with some recognition

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m