WELCOME TO THE EP GRIDIRON FORUM                                                                                          FORUM RULES & GUIDELINES: CLICK HERE
EPGRIDIRONFORUM
Index > EP GRIDIRON - News and Opinions > - VARSITY > Del Valle 2011
Forum: - VARSITY
Start a New Topic 

« | | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | | »
Author
Comment
Re: Del Valle 2011

Look guys, I'm sure the coaches don't care what anybody says on here, good or bad. They're good at what they do, thats for sure otherwise they wouldn't produce championships every year in a tough district and bi-district. So praise, hate, whatever, it doesn't make a bit of difference. Del Valle is a great football program. One of the top 3 in the city. I don't think anybody can dispute that.

Quote: DV Nation
Look guys, I'm sure the coaches don't care what anybody says on here, good or bad. They're good at what they do, thats for sure otherwise they wouldn't produce championships every year in a tough district and bi-district. So praise, hate, whatever, it doesn't make a bit of difference. Del Valle is a great football program. One of the top 3 in the city. I don't think anybody can dispute that.

DV nation i'm not saying DV is not producing championships against local el paso teams. nah congratulations to DV for accomplishing that which is something that many el paso teams have accomplished.

all i'm saying is that DV has NEVER beaten a out of town team in the playoffs under coach perales. that is all i'm saying which is true but for some reason some people are getting hurt by that fact. that is all i have been saying all this time.

props to DV for winning championships against local el paso teams. good for them!!! way to go!!!

BUT when in the heck is DV ever going to beat a out of town team in the playoffs??? WHEN???!!!! they have NEVER done it!!!!!

And when oh when Oscar will montwood with all it's talent and coaching consistently go DEEPER than the first round. Even better, when will they win state? Really, shouldn't they have by now?! Why haven't they?

I think Veliz peaked years ago and is now just a big fish in a small pond. I mean 10 years ago was his finest moment? Montwood fans should ask for their money back ( no pun or double meaning intended)

HOW DARE YOU DV NATION??? Don't you know that DV has never won out of town under coach p?? I know they beat the living crud out of everyone in town. I know they haven't lost in 2 years. I know they have 3 straight district titles and 5 straight bi-district titles, I know, I know. But they haven't won in Midland so they're no good. They should get rid of everybody on that staff, let the kids transfer to Ysleta. Now there's a program. And DV should hire Jim Altoff so he can beat an out of town team in pre-district. So what if he gets pummeled in district? As long as he beats somebody, anybody from out of town so we can finally get the approval and recognition from brilliant football minds like Oscar's.

i know guys the pain hurts of DVs unsuccessful playoff losses against out of town teams. i know and i understand and feel your pain. but there is no need to bring up proven coaches in the playoffs against out of town teams like veliz and althoff. you guys are in pain and looking for a way to ease the pain the hurt. just relax and take a deep breath and go talk to your coaches. support them and help them in anyway possible to try to be successful in the playoffs against out of town teams.

No one is hurting at Del Valle you tard. Just locked up a third district title in a row. About to get a 6th bi-district title in a row. All is well in Conquerer land. If you think that comments like "beat an out of town team" can rain on their parade, you give yourself far too much credit.

Oscar, will you say that montwoods season was for naught and that Veliz and his staff failed his kids since they lost in the first round last season and didn't beat an out of town team in the playoffs? Again, talking exclusively about LAST seasons team.

Quote: Commentator
No one is hurting at Del Valle you tard. Just locked up a third district title in a row. About to get a 6th bi-district title in a row. All is well in Conquerer land. If you think that comments like "beat an out of town team" can rain on their parade, you give yourself far too much credit.

Congrats on another "EL PASO" title!!lol..

Honestly talent and size comes a long way.
Veliz had the talent.

You guys say DV isn't good but they don't have the talent nor the size and most of D 1 prospects.

You guys depend on 5a too much.

Instead of being good el pasoans. You guys jump on the computer and put Dv down.
You guys talk about all these other schools so much... When's the last time they beat an out of town team. And I'm not talking about weak teams neither. I'm actually talking about contenders. You guys get so wired up on weak teams that they beat and hold your arguments behind that. It's annoying. And ridiculous.

Do us all a favor and support each team instead of putting them down.

Who cares if they loss? Or if they win?

Isn't this football game just for us kids to have fun?! Honestly putting down kids because they lose wow.

Ruining el paso
This game is for fun. Don't take it serious.

Just for kids to have fun??? What in my world!!!! This is not little league football lady. This is Texas high school football where all that matters to many of us is the sport of football.

Don't take it serious??? What in my world!!!!

Football is a serious sport and there is a reason why players wear pads and helmets because it is a aggressive sport. In addition to that football is a sport where past, former, and current players work their butts off because they take it serious and know the seriousness of the sport and love doing it.

Football is the best sport in many peoples minds, hearts and souls. It's a serious sport that is fun. People pay money to watch football because the people know that the players are laying their mind, body, heart and soul out there on the football fields. Sacrificing themselves for a passion which I think you do not understand.

I dare you to go to a team's practice and tell high school football players to be nice to each and don't hit so hard because it suppose to be fun and to not take their practice serious. I dare you!!!

Lady football is dangerously fun and dangerously serious and dangerously awesome that people so dangerously love to death.

If you don't understand this passion by those that have played the game of football or have coached it, and those that eat, shet and drink football on a daily basis then you shouldn't be around the sport of football.

Quote: Hello?!?!
Honestly talent and size comes a long way.
Veliz had the talent.

You guys say DV isn't good but they don't have the talent nor the size and most of D 1 prospects.

You guys depend on 5a too much.

Instead of being good el pasoans. You guys jump on the computer and put Dv down.
You guys talk about all these other schools so much... When's the last time they beat an out of town team. And I'm not talking about weak teams neither. I'm actually talking about contenders. You guys get so wired up on weak teams that they beat and hold your arguments behind that. It's annoying. And ridiculous.

Do us all a favor and support each team instead of putting them down.

Who cares if they loss? Or if they win?

Isn't this football game just for us kids to have fun?! Honestly putting down kids because they lose wow.

Ruining el paso
This game is for fun. Don't take it serious.

WHAT???????

that's why there is tennis and golf!!

Del Valle has won bi-district championship 5 years in a row. 3 vs Andress in very lopsided games and 2 vs Chapin in which only 1 was close 5 years ago. Last year DV put a bruising on Chapin. Looks like DV owns the 1-4A.

DV can only compete with a second place Chapin team, I don't consider 21-28 a "bruisin". C'mon now playboy?! Everytime they've beaten Chapin, DV has played a second place 1-4a Chapin. Thats Dv's best vs Chapin's average and you barley win. Put my money 9 times out of ten, if it were possible and a 1st place 1-4a Chapin team vs a first place DV team. Chapin would merk it! Plain and simple you guys lost by 1 to this years Canutes. Just wait and see what dem' Huskies do to Canute 1st rd, and I know it won't be a 1 point game.

Quote: Bugsy
Just for kids to have fun??? What in my world!!!! This is not little league football lady. This is Texas high school football where all that matters to many of us is the sport of football.

Don't take it serious??? What in my world!!!!

Football is a serious sport and there is a reason why players wear pads and helmets because it is a aggressive sport. In addition to that football is a sport where past, former, and current players work their butts off because they take it serious and know the seriousness of the sport and love doing it.

Football is the best sport in many peoples minds, hearts and souls. It's a serious sport that is fun. People pay money to watch football because the people know that the players are laying their mind, body, heart and soul out there on the football fields. Sacrificing themselves for a passion which I think you do not understand.

I dare you to go to a team's practice and tell high school football players to be nice to each and don't hit so hard because it suppose to be fun and to not take their practice serious. I dare you!!!

Wow are you dumb or something? Did I say it was for girls? No, I don't think so.
I lived for football my whole life all 10 years of my life was dedicated to it.

I played for Dv 2 years I never stepped off the field. I played corner and runningback. I won east overall offensive MVP.

So don't tell me who to go watch practice.

Because i was probably on the field last year longer then your favorite player.
And I noticed something I did take it serious but not to the point where I'm criticizing some other team and putting them down.

Realize something it's a sport people love to play. Why make them sad and mad for saying they suck?!?!

Mmmmm

Lady football is dangerously fun and dangerously serious and dangerously awesome that people so dangerously love to death.

If you don't understand this passion by those that have played the game of football or have coached it, and those that eat, shet and drink football on a daily basis then you shouldn't be around the sport of football.

Quote: MR NE
DV can only compete with a second place Chapin team, I don't consider 21-28 a "bruisin". C'mon now playboy?! Everytime they've beaten Chapin, DV has played a second place 1-4a Chapin. Thats Dv's best vs Chapin's average and you barley win. Put my money 9 times out of ten, if it were possible and a 1st place 1-4a Chapin team vs a first place DV team. Chapin would merk it! Plain and simple you guys lost by 1 to this years Canutes. Just wait and see what dem' Huskies do to Canute 1st rd, and I know it won't be a 1 point game.

cry me a river and quit dwelling on the past..sheesh -_-

how i see it, is no ep-school should be putting any other ep-school's program down. congrats franklin, chapin, etc for getting to area and what not. you still didn't make it to state tho. sure, maybe you all got one game ahead in the playoffs from the rest of the ep teams but in the end it doesn't mean jack squat. because you still came on the bus back to ep with a loss and no trophy.

for now, every ep team is considered nothing compared to the rest of Texas teams who have proved themselves by winning state. so all we can do for now is have city bragging rights until one of us whether it be 4A or 5A, gets all the way to state and/or wins. anything below that final round doesn't count. so enough of being the one of the only ep schools to make it to the 3rd round.. it still didnt get you anywhere.

one more regular season game DV and its do or die time. you all gotta show ep critics what BIG BAD BLUE FOOTBALL is about.

Del Valle has won bi-district championship 5 years in a row. 3 vs Andress in very lopsided games and 2 vs Chapin in which only 1 was close 5 years ago. Last year DV put a bruising on Chapin. Looks like DV owns the 1-4A.

Wow, are you kidding me bro? I played o line for DV last year. We beat Chapin's d line and linebackers up so bad that their answer for us was to just fall on the ground at the snap. They would just dive at our knees. We were like wtf?? I asked one of their d lineman about it during track season and he told me that there d line coach told them to do that so they wouldn't get driven back so bad. Our o line coach told us that there was no bigger compliment than a d line laying down for you and he's right. Chapin couldn't match our strength so they resorted to ho tactics. Gimme a break homie.
As for the score 28-21...if i remember right, we took a knee 3 times on the 1 yard line. Coulda been worse but in the playoffs, a win is a win. No need to embrass the huskies. They did that to themselves by chopping at the snap of the ball. Chapin aint got shnit on DV.

Quote: blue22ro

cry me a river and quit dwelling on the past..sheesh -_-

how i see it, is no ep-school should be putting any other ep-school's program down. congrats franklin, chapin, etc for getting to area and what not. you still didn't make it to state tho. sure, maybe you all got one game ahead in the playoffs from the rest of the ep teams but in the end it doesn't mean jack squat. because you still came on the bus back to ep with a loss and no trophy.

for now, every ep team is considered nothing compared to the rest of Texas teams who have proved themselves by winning state. so all we can do for now is have city bragging rights until one of us whether it be 4A or 5A, gets all the way to state and/or wins. anything below that final round doesn't count. so enough of being the one of the only ep schools to make it to the 3rd round.. it still didnt get you anywhere.

one more regular season game DV and its do or die time. you all gotta show ep critics what BIG BAD BLUE FOOTBALL is about.

blue22ro congratulations. You just typed that stupidest post ever on the internet in the entire planet. lol

Quote: DarkMatter
blue22ro congratulations. You just typed that stupidest post ever on the internet in the entire planet. lol

maybe to someone 'slow' like you it might look stupid...

its the truth tho buddy. franklin, montwood, chapin, even the school i support: Del Valle, etc.. can't be acting like bullies here in ep and be putting other top ep teams down because no one has come back with a state championship (yet) until that happens, then the 1st state champ ep-team can talk all they want.. whether you get taken out the first round or make it to the 3rd..its still shy of reaching the ultimate goal..STATE! and you comeback home in the same month (nov) with everyone else who might have gone out of town to play another school and lost. you just might have played an extra week of football. but no ring, nothing.

DV certainly hang their hat on the fact that Deneton Ryan went state last ..well yea what did you want them to do stop in the next round? that is the idea, a loss to Abilene cooper after getting a 24 to nothing lead in the first quarter..that means Del Valle gave up 51 points in three quarters...a loss to cooper by 50 the year before...I think what people are saying is Del Valle has a great program in town against weak 5A and 4A competition...that is another question..chances are they will beat Andress and have Denton Ryan again..Oh by the way Midland beat Del Valle by 40 and has not not a district game in their district..Abilene, cooper, permian etc..althugh 5A it does say volumes about the level of socorro,Bel Air. etc...Chuck Beat Abilene ten years ago in the area playoffs but since that time how many times has he won Area? One upset win does not create legendary status anywhere else in the state other than El Paso..so if Perales can win one Area game in his career he will equal Veliz status? thoughts>>>>>

Quote: JJ10

Wow, are you kidding me bro? I played o line for DV last year. We beat Chapin's d line and linebackers up so bad that their answer for us was to just fall on the ground at the snap. They would just dive at our knees. We were like wtf?? I asked one of their d lineman about it during track season and he told me that there d line coach told them to do that so they wouldn't get driven back so bad. Our o line coach told us that there was no bigger compliment than a d line laying down for you and he's right. Chapin couldn't match our strength so they resorted to ho tactics. Gimme a break homie.
As for the score 28-21...if i remember right, we took a knee 3 times on the 1 yard line. Coulda been worse but in the playoffs, a win is a win. No need to embrass the huskies. They did that to themselves by chopping at the snap of the ball. Chapin aint got shnit on DV.

LMAO!!! coming off a year where all the senior leadership was gone. clap. clap. A year after we dominated Frenship. yes don't get ahead of yourself. Like I said before beat Canute by more than 1 point and then you can talk. Props to DV for being the Beasts of 2-4a. But I think Chapin this year would beat DV of this year. Thats all I'm sayin'. Good Luck in the TX playoffs!

maybe to someone 'slow' like you it might look stupid...

its the truth tho buddy. franklin, montwood, chapin, even the school i support: Del Valle, etc.. can't be acting like bullies here in ep and be putting other top ep teams down because no one has come back with a state championship (yet) until that happens, then the 1st state champ ep-team can talk all they want.. whether you get taken out the first round or make it to the 3rd..its still shy of reaching the ultimate goal..STATE! and you comeback home in the same month (nov) with everyone else who might have gone out of town to play another school and lost. you just might have played an extra week of football. but no ring, nothing.

I kind of agree with what your saying. All of el paso teams riverside, del vale, montwood, chapin need to step it up and make it to state. they can't be happy wit a half accomplishment of making it to the third round of the playoffs but then getting blown out and sent packing home. I hope all el paso teams step it up

DV WIN STATE? forget that!!!!
how can DV win state when they can't even beat 1 out of town team in the playoffs under coach perales?

atleast other el paso teams and other teams throughout the state beat out of town teams in the playoffs on their way trying to get to state.

DV can't even beat 1 out of town team in the playoffs!!!!!!

Noone is asking DV to win state but to atleast beat 1 out of town team in the playoffs. atleast 1. start with that first and then DV can talk about winning state.

Oscar, your keen insight amazes me. Yes, other teams around the state beat out of town teams on their way trying to win state. How did you ever figure that one out?!

However, I am still waiting on your response to my question...was Montwood's season last year a big waste and failure since they lost in the first round?

Quote: Ouch
Oscar, your keen insight amazes me. Yes, other teams around the state beat out of town teams on their way trying to win state. How did you ever figure that one out?!

However, I am still waiting on your response to my question...was Montwood's season last year a big waste and failure since they lost in the first round?

this topic is titled """DEL VALLE 2011."""

it is not titled
"""My username is OUCH and I think Montwood's 2010 season was a failure because they lost in the first round of the playoffs to a out of town team when DV has it easy by playing a el paso team in the first round"""

dude DV has NEVER beaten a out of town team in the playoffs under coach perales and DV 2011 will fail again as usual.

Quote: Oscar
Quote: Ouch

this topic is titled """DEL VALLE 2011."""

it is not titled
"""My username is OUCH and I think Montwood's 2010 season was a failure because they lost in the first round of the playoffs to a out of town team when DV has it easy by playing a el paso team in the first round"""

dude DV has NEVER beaten a out of town team in the playoffs under coach perales and DV 2011 will fail again as usual.

why dont you go say that to coach p yourself tough guy
and how come your not a coach since you have the all the answers and you know what it takes

Thank you, Oscar, for setting me straight. I shouldn't have used another school's record in making my argument. I'm sorry. Please forgive me oh rulemaker of the gridiron forum. I should have known only YOU can bring up Franklin and Montwood and Chapin to make YOUR argument.

My mistake in thinking (what was I thinking) that you might actually get a point that someone was trying to make...if Montwood can lose right away and still call themselves a success, why can't other schools? If Montwood (and I'm sure many other high schools, including wherever it is you are attending) can make their football t-shirts highlighting their many district (read: against local teams) championships, why can't anyone else?

Oh yeah, cuz Oscar says so.

yes i am a tough guy and i do not associate myself with coaches who cannot beat atleast 1 out of town team in the playoffs.

and i did not say i have all the answers. all i have been saying is that DV has NEVER beaten a out of town team in the playoffs under coach perales and that is the real truth.

i don't know why you dummies are hating on me for speaking the truth. it is only the truth. it is not a lie and i'm not talking trash and hating. i'm only saying the truth that DV has NEVER beaten a out of town team in the playoffs under coach perales. that is all i have been saying but alot of you are getting your panties in a bunch. i don't know why you all are getting upset at the truth.

i know the district trophys at del valle look nice but don't let the beautiful sparkle of the local el paso trophy championship blind you from the truth and that is that DV has NEVER beaten a out of town team in the playoffs.

i know bidistrict trophies that del valle got by beating a local el paso team in the first round look cool but don't let the sparkle of the trophy blind you from the truth and that is that DV has NEVER beaten a out of town team in the playoffs.

don't hate me for speaking the truth guys come on!!!

i actually want DV to beat a out of town team in the playoffs this year because they have NEVER accomplished this under coach perales.

DV followers think DV are some big shots and a powerhouse in el paso but they can't beat atleast 1 out of town team in the playoffs??? there is something wrong with this picture. if DV faithful say DV is the best team in el paso this and that yada yada yada then why can't DV beat 1 just 1 out of town team in the playoffs??? why??? where is the DV powerhouse team that you DV faithful say exist when they play a out of town team in the playoffs???

DV please beat a out of town team in the playoffs already. it has been 10 years since DV has done it when coach Veliz was the head coach at DV. Do it already under coach perales.

The truth hath been spoken!

Now put a sock in it.

I have to agree with Oscar to a certain extent..Del Valle has an excellent record going back to the late 90s starting with Chuckie..Most coaches at the time always felt that Del Valle could be a good program..Once they got rid of Eloy Alvarado and chuck became Coach that certainly happened,,,didnt chuck have four district championships in a row..and a couple of undefeated seasons..and Only one uspet at the area round. so i guess in what/ fourteen years that Chuck has been a head coach he has only won district once..so dont be so hard on Perales...He has done a great job with the program at the level it is at..Oscar Chuck won one area game ten years ago..since that time he has played Abilene several tiems and has not even been close..if Chuck had taken that same team and played Abilene ten they probably would lose nine..not hating but chuckie is cetainly not the guru...with the new disricts and clssifications El paso teams are still not very consistant even against fourth seeded teams from the amarillo lubbuck area..and looking at the new classifications for next year our first round could be the Abilene , Midland lee district...you are right Del Valle and Montwood should reach for more than just a district title..but what else do they have when they cant get any further?

realist you are not being a real.

and i'm not comparing coach veliz to coach perales. besides everyone who knows football in the state of texas know that perales does even come close to veliz.

anyways its not a whos better topic coach veliz or coach perales. everyone knows the answer to this
coach veliz.

realist person you have to be more real than what you are being. coach veliz at montwood plays out of town teams in the first round of the playoffs. so for veliz to get passed the 2nd round he has to beat 2 out of town teams.

not like perales at DV where all perales has to do is beat 1 out of town team in the playoffs because DV players a local el paso team in the first round.

big difference and if you do not see this and come up with excuses then i don't know what to tell but that you do not know squat about football.

look at it this way maybe it will smarten you up a little.

being that DV cannot get to the 3rd round of the playoffs when all they have to do is beat only 1 local el paso easy team then beat only 1 out of town team and bam there DV is in the 3rd round.

montwood or any other 1-5a team has to beat 1 out of town team in the first round then another out of town team in the 2nd round in order to get to the 3rd round.

like i said big difference. as it is it is difficult for DV under coach perales to beat 1 out of town team in the playoffs to get to the 3rd round now imagine the 1-5a teams having to beat 2 out of town teams in the playoffs to get to the 3rd round.

think about that for a while. if you don't see the difference then i don't know what to tell you but to tell you that you are being blinded by your love for DV and nothing cause you to see the truth.

Oscar, is Del Valle the ONLY team in El Paso that plays a local team in the first round? No, there are 7 others. So SEVEN other teams have it as "easy" as DV. You make it sound like DV is the only one.

If only Perales had peaked 10 years ago and beaten Abilene he would be immortalized and given a free pass like veliz all these years

ouch say whatever you will the fact remains

DV has NEVER beaten a out of town team in the playoffs under coach perales.

no matter what you say or how you try to twist and turn things trying to change the subject.

DV
HAS
NEVER
BEATEN
A
OUT
OF
TOWN
TEAM
IN
THE
PLAYOFFS
UNDER
COACH
PERALES

Quote: Oscar
ouch say whatever you will the fact remains

DV has NEVER beaten a out of town team in the playoffs under coach perales.

no matter what you say or how you try to twist and turn things trying to change the subject.

DV
HAS
NEVER
BEATEN
A
OUT
OF
TOWN
TEAM
IN
THE
PLAYOFFS
UNDER
COACH
PERALES

Thanks for clearing that up for us. We missed it the first 40 times you posted the SAME EXACT THING. People try to argue with you but I can tell it's like arguing with a wall. Sure, Montwood beats an occasional out of town squad but most of them barely make the playoffs don't they? Pretty sure DV, Chapin, Riverside and Canutillo could beat the out of town teams y'all face. Frenship, Abilene Cooper, Denton Ryan (state runner up) and other schools that beat us would wreck the rams. Just so that everyone knows though, Del Valle has never beat an out of town team in the playoffs under coach p, and oscar is just telling the truth mmkaaayyy?? lmao you're funny ;)

Show the haters what's up. Big Bad Blue.

I have to admit this oscar seems to really have it out for Coach Perales and I really dont understand his love affair with Chuck Veliz..I really dont think he understands the make up of the districts...4A has two districts in El Paso whereas 5A has one therefore they have to play Amarillo or Lubbock in the first round...So when Chuckie beats a 4th place team with a record of 3 and 7 or 2 -8 oscar puts into godlike status...that is why the question must be asked as to the amount of times Chuckie has gotten into area...I would give Del Valle the bensfit of the doubt and say that they would beat a Dumas, Hereford, Lubbock Cooper if they played them in a Bi-district as well..Chuckie may have beaten out of town teams but there is a big difference between a 3 - 8 Lubbock high and a 10 - 0 Denton Ryan..Dont get me wrong I am no big fan of perales but give him his due..Del Valle has won alot in the last few years...I realize he is not Texas High school hall of Fame material, but oscar when you attend Chuck's induction maybe you can post pictures for all to see

Quote: realist
I have to admit this oscar seems to really have it out for Coach Perales and I really dont understand his love affair with Chuck Veliz..I really dont think he understands the make up of the districts...4A has two districts in El Paso whereas 5A has one therefore they have to play Amarillo or Lubbock in the first round...So when Chuckie beats a 4th place team with a record of 3 and 7 or 2 -8 oscar puts into godlike status...that is why the question must be asked as to the amount of times Chuckie has gotten into area...I would give Del Valle the bensfit of the doubt and say that they would beat a Dumas, Hereford, Lubbock Cooper if they played them in a Bi-district as well..Chuckie may have beaten out of town teams but there is a big difference between a 3 - 8 Lubbock high and a 10 - 0 Denton Ryan..Dont get me wrong I am no big fan of perales but give him his due..Del Valle has won alot in the last few years...I realize he is not Texas High school hall of Fame material, but oscar when you attend Chuck's induction maybe you can post pictures for all to see

Great point. Of course, to a hater, the point is lost. The out of town teams Chuck beats when he's ranked 1st, is a 4th place Lubbock team. Not the state runner up like Denton Ryan. Oscar you asked "Why can't he beat an out of town team, tell me why" Well Realist and the rest of us have been telling you why for a while now. Let me guess what you're gonna say: DV has never beat an out of town team in the playoffs under perales, right? Give him a 4th place Lubbock team and see if that remains true.

And another thing. When Chuck won at DV, they were 5A. So it was basically the same thing. He finished 1st and got matched up with a 3rd or 4th place Abilene team. It doesn't work that way in 4A. You get Big school/small school. So even if you finish in 1st place with a 10-1 record after bi-district, if you're the big school, your reward is you get 11-0 Denton Ryan, the eventual state runner up. Bit of a difference. "Tell me why." I just did.

I think Oscar, Commentator, Realist and Rnz should all get together and have good time with each other at the OP.

Oscar probably is Veliz
Nobody cares that much about a coach.

Quote: Seriously
Oscar probably is Veliz

And Commentator is coach P!!

Quote: susie
Oscar probably is Veliz

its funny how oscar has nothing to say

Actually, when Veliz took dv, wasn't 1-5a and 2-5a still both in el paso? So Veliz got A LOCAL TEAM in the first round the year of his great triumph?!!

Oscar probably is Veliz

I agree, but DV Coach Commentator changes his name numerous times.

and Rnz is NC9Overtime's Rick Hernandez.

Del Valle is going to win State. I swear this group of guys are awesome. I love you DV!!!!

Quote: Blitz
Oscar probably is Veliz

And cooljazz is ESPN's Herm Edwards.... You play to win the game!

Quote: cooljazz
Quote: Blitz
Oscar probably is Veliz

And cooljazz is ESPN's Herm Edwards.... You play to win the game!

HAHAHA! and irish4life is Raul Martinez from Channel 7. Boy, is he proud of his Cathedral Fighting Irish...

Nobody cares is right! Its just a game.

Good luck to DV in the playoffs.

What the What? What happened to the big bad blue? Are they big soft red with embarassment? A shut out? Come on man?

Like everyone said all week ...don't talk about how good u are till u leave El Paso.... And the big bad blue men.... Did a lot of talking about how they were going to dominate this year.... They couldn't get out of bi-district with points.....

yeh it sucks.. i cant believe DV didnt put any points on the board and let their 9-1 season end so quickly. in the playoffs, its do or die and there is no time for a 'bad' game. i still support Big Bad Blue football and look forward to the future success they'll have next season.

good luck to rest of the ep teams

Blue22ro,

Keep your head held high. No shame in a 9-2 season. Most folks would kill for that record...and they are kidding themselves if they say otherwise.

Somehow DV has attracted many detractors on this and other threads. Pay no mind, as the many like to take pot shots at successful programs. I look forward to the next few years as the Big Bad Blue welcome Eastlake into 2-4A varsity competition. Should be a good rivalry.

Quote: El Ferna
Blue22ro,

Keep your head held high. No shame in a 9-2 season. Most folks would kill for that record...and they are kidding themselves if they say otherwise.

Somehow DV has attracted many detractors on this and other threads. Pay no mind, as the many like to take pot shots at successful programs. I look forward to the next few years as the Big Bad Blue welcome Eastlake into 2-4A varsity competition. Should be a good rivalry.

thank you i believe dv got out coached and olivares has no respect whats so ever but i am proud of dv ofod for life. good luck against ryan andress

Quote: FAITH
Quote: El Ferna
Blue22ro,

thank you i believe dv got out coached and olivares has no respect whats so ever but i am proud of dv ofod for life. good luck against ryan andress

Ferna you are so naive , dv will put 60pts on your eastlake if they get the chance every time and your gonna defend them .

Naïve? Interesting words used to describe me when you don’t even know me. All I did was send a positive message to DV. Perhaps a positive word in kind would be appropriate:-)

Not sure if DV will put up 60 points on Eastlake next year. Perhaps if you backed up your statement with some hard facts and analysis then I might listen. But for now, all I see is the asinine opinion of a feeble minded person who obviously has not been following the JV and freshmen scores of the last two seasons.

Good luck to DV in their upcoming football seasons.

How does it feel sitting at home after the first round? Big shots or Big mouths?

Quote: Tito
How does it feel sitting at home after the first round? Big shots or Big mouths?

not to good it sucks but thats the name of the game you win some you lose some

not making excuses for DV because there is not time for error in the playoffs. its do or die. unfortunately DV had been playing well throughout the season and had a bad game which was the most important one. I know DV's 2012 seniors will step it up and show EP that DV is still one of the best programs in the area!

sounds like excuses to me...DEL VALLE had a bad game...why can't you guys over there just say the truth..we got beat by a better teamin Andress....when you look at the sechedule....socorro, Austin, Jeffeson, san eli, parkland , ysleta and two other playoff losers in horizon and canutillo one can say that your district was horrible,,riverside had the benefit of the weakest team in 1-4A..so who did you guys play,,absolutely no one..so why dont you give credit to Andress since they just basically manhandled Del Valle..it is easy to play good with that schedule..del valle has been big on beating the small teams and making excuses for losing..we almsot beat midland we had denton in the first half,,,,CMON MAN...

for all their smack talking and to loose the way they did, it wasn't that they had a bad day, Andress was the better team -period!!! next time keep it humble and you won't get so many negative responses!!!!

aint that the truth ,,Del Valle always says that everybody hates..not the case they bring it on themselves...moral victories and weak victories..they were already planning their trip to play denton..Andress controlled them the whole time...I think Del Valle had less than fifty yards total offens the whole second half...not like playing san eli is it...maybe next year they will show some humility...

DV has benn bidistrict champ for the past 5 years. DV finally lost and all of a sudden its the end of the world. Cmn on people just admit it DV is one of the gratest programs in El paso anyone who can admit that is just a hater.

Quote: YOU
DV has benn bidistrict champ for the past 5 years. DV finally lost and all of a sudden its the end of the world. Cmn on people just admit it DV is one of the gratest programs in El paso anyone who can admit that is just a hater.

and your happy with bidistrict championship s?

I do congratulate the DV Conxistadores for a great year. They had a good team and they should be proud. The reality is teams are judged by what they do in the playoffs, not for the regular season. Until DV makes another run in the playoffs they are just another team that wins all year and then fold under pressure in the playoffs.

haters all over..

LMAO unfortunately DV slept on a weaker andress team. yes i said it, weaker andress team...

all these franklin, montwood, etc fans shouldnt say anything because you all still got whooped in the playoffs. your no better than any other team from ep that made it to the playoffs. congrats you had 1 extra week of having your pads on for practice and one final game.. franklin, montwood, etc hasnt changed any ep history this year.. same old story.. so dont just single out DV because you all fell too... lol. Andress, riverside, etc will be sad coming back to ep with a loss after today

DEL VALLE IS ONE OF THE BEST PROGRAMS IN THE EP AREA.

you are right mojican...who couldnt beat san eli, socorro,etc..del valle at best would have been a athird place team in 1-4A and would not have even come close to making the playoffs if they were five A..Good team yes,,greatest programs...CMON MAN..

Quote: el fernando
you are right mojican...who couldnt beat san eli, socorro,etc..del valle at best would have been a athird place team in 1-4A and would not have even come close to making the playoffs if they were five A..Good team yes,,greatest programs...CMON MAN..

lol and who couldnt beat the weakness in 1-4a? del valle put some whoopings on some 1-4a teams this season.. andress couldnt even beat burges or chapin. the only lone school in 1-4a that is respectable in my eyes is chapin but thats it. andress got whooped by americas who didnt even make it past the first round lol. at the end of the day, andress did beat DV but oh well, andress aint gonna do anything special today for ep history.. hope they have their bags already packed to come back home since last night hahaha

DUDE Andress has almost the exact schedule that Dv had this year or easy games like socorro,horizon,austin,jefferson,bowie,irvin, and el paso u cant say we had an easier schedule CMON

lol and who couldnt beat the weakness in 1-4a? del valle put some whoopings on some 1-4a teams this season.. andress couldnt even beat burges or chapin. the only lone school in 1-4a that is respectable in my eyes is chapin but thats it. andress got whooped by americas who didnt even make it past the first round lol. at the end of the day, andress did beat DV but oh well, andress aint gonna do anything special today for ep history.. hope they have their bags already packed to come back home since last night hahaha

Andress did get spanked by Americas, and guess what? dv got spanked by Andress, so what do u think Americas would do to dv? Or any of the top 4 in 5a for that matter? Exactly. Theyd beat that booty up and down the field and send "big bad blue" (lmfao) in body bags. End of story. Thanks for trying dv.

ANDRESS EAGLES SHUT OUT DILL VALLE!!!

Quote: RedZoneThreat

Andress did get spanked by Americas, and guess what? dv got spanked by Andress, so what do u think Americas would do to dv? Or any of the top 4 in 5a for that matter? Exactly. Theyd beat that booty up and down the field and send "big bad blue" (lmfao) in body bags. End of story. Thanks for trying dv.

look you cant blame us for blues comments but we are one of the best programs its like everyone said in the beginning dv lost all starting players in seniors and they are gonna suck this year rhs and canutillo are gonna be competing for the title. now dont get me worng i would have loved a state championship from dv but was i really looking at that no its not because im from dv and that is the mentality but its because i was being realistic to myself. the matter for me was can coach P. take this team that just lost all there starting players and make something out of nothing. the answer is yes he just proved how good the dv program is he took a dv that was suppose to be nothing and turn them into dc. now lets hope that we can give coach p a second chance with a team that has everything and lets see if he can turn that team into state champ. although he missed it once in 2010 lets give him the benefit of the doubt and wait for a 2nd complete team to come along dv

Quote: FAITH
Quote: RedZoneThreat

look you cant blame us for blues comments but we are one of the best programs its like everyone said in the beginning dv lost all starting players in seniors and they are gonna suck this year rhs and canutillo are gonna be competing for the title. now dont get me worng i would have loved a state championship from dv but was i really looking at that no its not because im from dv and that is the mentality but its because i was being realistic to myself. the matter for me was can coach P. take this team that just lost all there starting players and make something out of nothing. the answer is yes he just proved how good the dv program is he took a dv that was suppose to be nothing and turn them into dc. now lets hope that we can give coach p a second chance with a team that has everything and lets see if he can turn that team into state champ. although he missed it once in 2010 lets give him the benefit of the doubt and wait for a 2nd complete team to come along dv

Uummmmm... Del valle will be in the same boat next year. Arent they garduating something like 25 seniors this year?! So next year is back to rebuild again?!? What excuse then.

Bottom line is, Del Valle should be beating the smaller schools, because they are a big school in a small pond! They arent allowed to move up to 5a becuz they only have 1950 students whcih is about 120 students from the 5a cutoff of 2069. But they can play riverside w/1250 students, parkland w/1300 students, San Eli w/ 1100 students, horizon w/1400 students.... To top it off they arent vlowing these teams away! Other than san eli!

They ran into Andres that is almos and equally sized school and got SMASHED! They beat up on the bottom 5a teir schools and call that good wins?! If a 1-4a team in andress beat your "Supposed best programs in el paso" theory. What the hell would happen if you played Chapin? Burgess (this year)? Hell what if they played Franklin, El Dorado and Montwood, where these schools would now be the big fish and they have coaches who can actually coach!

Del Valle is good, but far from being one of the best programs in el paso! They are big fish in a little pond and once put in the same pond with equally sized fish or bigger fish, they get eaten up!

well said rnz well said..of course perales took them to a district title..look at the district,,every other school lost seniors as well. but when you lost ten seniors at san eli you lose more than half the team..So proportionaly it is the same...big fish small pond exactly..well said

Quote: marco
well said rnz well said..of course perales took them to a district title..look at the district,,every other school lost seniors as well. but when you lost ten seniors at san eli you lose more than half the team..So proportionaly it is the same...big fish small pond exactly..well said

but you see ppl werent saying this at the beginning of the year which is my whole point they said that dv was gonna place 3rd or 4th in the district and they got dc and yeah they did lose to andress for the first time in what 4 5 years? so we lost to andress this year oh well but you cant let that blind your judgment we are one of the best programs in the city the reason we get socorro and jeff and austin is because we compensate it with midland and besides we try to schedule franklin and montwood year in and year out but they always turn us down when we have permian on our schedule they pull out last minute and play teams like cedar hill so its like we just get whats left. i think the matter is that people just hate dv and yes there are reasons like "blue" but dam people your gonna take away all the hard work that dv has done. you guys sound like the "out of town" people you guys beat this team because they were weak this year but you wont get past the next team. you guys won district because your district is weak this year but you wont get bi district. CMON MAN!

Here is my view on it, when it comes to big school vs. Small school.

Del Valle takes great joy in beating riverside, san eli, horizon and parkland. But their enrollement is about 400-600 students less than Del Valle. Now if we go by the same ratio and put Del Valle to play schools that have 400-600 students more than them they run into the same problem, they would then play Montwood and Coronado, which we know they cant beat.

Why is student enrollement important? Why is their big fish in small pond syndrones? Because the more students u have, the more talent you have to pull from. The smaller the school, the less talent to draw from. Now does student enrollment always come into play? No not always, look at socorro, bel air, eastwood and even Ysleta, they have good enrollent numbers for their districts, they just dont have good coaching.

But if you match Del Valle vs. Riverside or Horizon, it will be a decent/good game even with the student enrollment being far greater for Del Valle. If you put Del Valle vs. Coronado or Montwood and you talking about it not even being a game on Del Valles part. Which brings me back to Del Valle is a big fish in a little school pond. They can berely beat these smaller schools even though they are bigger and couldnt give the same game that smaller schools give them, to bigger schools with the same enrollment numbers going against them.

Quote: Rnz

Del Valle takes great joy in beating riverside, san eli, horizon and parkland. But their enrollement is about 400-600 students less than Del Valle. Now if we go by the same ratio and put Del Valle to play schools that have 400-600 students more than them they run into the same problem, they would then play Montwood and Coronado, which we know they cant beat.

Why is student enrollement important? Why is their big fish in small pond syndrones? Because the more students u have, the more talent you have to pull from. The smaller the school, the less talent to draw from. Now does student enrollment always come into play? No not always, look at socorro, bel air, eastwood and even Ysleta, they have good enrollent numbers for their districts, they just dont have good coaching.

But if you match Del Valle vs. Riverside or Horizon, it will be a decent/good game even with the student enrollment being far greater for Del Valle. If you put Del Valle vs. Coronado or Montwood and you talking about it not even being a game on Del Valles part. Which brings me back to Del Valle is a big fish in a little school pond. They can berely beat these smaller schools even though they are bigger and couldnt give the same game that smaller schools give them, to bigger schools with the same enrollment numbers going against them.

thats the thing with ep mantality that i hate i know for a fact therer are 2a schools that can beat 5a with ease so be quiet already i know for a fact that 2010 dv could have whopped on every 5a team in ep and then some if dv was back in 5a like they were before i give it a year if anything that dv gets back on top. they have already proven they can be in 5a and be among the best year in and year out

But if you match Del Valle vs. Riverside or Horizon, it will be a decent/good game even with the student enrollment being far greater for Del Valle. If you put Del Valle vs. Coronado or Montwood and you talking about it not even being a game on Del Valles part. Which brings me back to Del Valle is a big fish in a little school pond. They can berely beat these smaller schools even though they are bigger and couldnt give the same game that smaller schools give them, to bigger schools with the same enrollment
numbers going against them.

Howdy u know they wouldn't beat Coronado or 'MW. Canutillo beat Coronado . Franklin and eldo, would have1000 more students than dv why don't u single them out

well said rnz.finally someone with some sense and poor poor faith. those coaches have given a load of crap. Why would Montwood want to play Del Valle when they can play Mayfield and Midland Lee before they start district and Permain, Why wouldnt they want to play cedar Hill rather than Del Valle.Makes perfect sense to me I mean the beating Del Valle took at the hands of Midland..OUCH..THe beating that Andress Gave Del Valle...Ouch..With the exeption of the Veliz upset ten years ago Del Valle has been a pretty good El Paso Team but that is about it..Nothing more..but I understand next year they Have Americas and Coronado as well as Everman..so there You go DEl Valle..this is your chance to silence the critics..

Ep football in all honesty i dont expect much from Americas next year or for a while. I think personally that Melton road the Fields train the past 2 seasons as much as he could. Take away Fields from that equation and what else can you truly say they had? He was literally 90% of their offense, which is great becuz he is a hell of a player, but what good was that for the program and the years to come? What did they do against montwood and franklin and everyone else they played. They averaged what like 300+ yards a game and 200+ were Fields yards. Next year in all honesty i expect them to be a .500 team at best. Franklin and Montwood will continue to be at the top of that district becuz they have some good coaching, El Dordo will be there becuz of the shear numbers they have that are talented, coronado has a good squad growing and should only struggle against the top 2 i already named and el do.

So Del Valle's only test should be Coronado from 5a next year. I truly think americas falls to the Hanks/Eastwood standings mark at best.

But u never know. Del Valle is lossing their Starting rb, qb, half their oline. So they wont be in the totally best position next year. Yes they lost a bunch of players last year and did it this year with new starters, but they dont have the same talent level or ball carrier coming up for next year. Last year they had clark and their qb, this year they road Hector all year long and couldnt muster much when he got hurt. Hector showed last year that he had what it took to run it this year. So unless coach P is able to recruit some players from others, next year they look to be a bit normal. I still think they will be in the top 4, but i dont see them running the table like this year.

But as i always say "what do i know, i watch from the stands just like u guys." but these r my 2 centavos on this subject.

fianlly someone with some sense and honesty..I would agree with everything you just said..Americas never quite flourished as many thought they would..Del Valle struggled with their lower levels but the district as a whole is pretty weak..Americas should have a pretty good QB so they may fight for a fourth spot. I am interested to see if Eastwood can get in now that Hanks is dropping...Bel air just doesnt have the talent and who knows what is going on at Socorro..
Riverside doesnt have the recruiting power they had with Tom Work so you see where they are now..Ysleta just needs the right fit...have not had it since Craig Ritchey left...I am picking Hanks to be tops in the New district..They can score points..their problem is defensivly and trying to recycle coaches who failed other places and continue to do the same thing they failed at.

Ep football in all honesty i dont expect much from Americas next year or for a while. I think personally that Melton road the Fields train the past 2 seasons as much as he could. Take away Fields from that equation and what else can you truly say they had? He was literally 90% of their offense, which is great becuz he is a hell of a player, but what good was that for the program and the years to come? What did they do against montwood and franklin and everyone else they played. They averaged what like 300+ yards a game and 200+ were Fields yards. Next year in all honesty i expect them to be a .500 team at best. Franklin and Montwood will continue to be at the top of that district becuz they have some good coaching, El Dordo will be there becuz of the shear numbers they have that are talented, coronado has a good squad growing and should only struggle against the top 2 i already named and el do.

So Del Valle's only test should be Coronado from 5a next year. I truly think americas falls to the Hanks/Eastwood standings mark at best.

But u never know. Del Valle is lossing their Starting rb, qb, half their oline. So they wont be in the totally best position next year. Yes they lost a bunch of players last year and did it this year with new starters, but they dont have the same talent level or ball carrier coming up for next year. Last year they had clark and their qb, this year they road Hector all year long and couldnt muster much when he got hurt. Hector showed last year that he had what it took to run it this year. So unless coach P is able to recruit some players from others, next year they look to be a bit normal. I still think they will be in the top 4, but i dont see them running the table like this year.

But as i always say "what do i know, i watch from the stands just like u guys." but these r my 2 centavos on this subject.

exactly you dont know you watch. thats exactly what ppl were saying this year even worse they were saying dv was gonna suck but they got dc and now its because the district sucks. you guys sound like the "out of town" ppl, you beat this team because they suck this year but you wont get past the next team cause there good. you got dc but you wont get bi district. you still have yet to see tommy #9 its the same old story with everybody when it comes to dv and them being bad. oh and by the way clark and tury werent the reason dv was good it was behind the oline where the success came. still havent seen a better line btw.

The reason dv keeps winning is because you haters motivate us. Keep talking haters and we keep working and winning bottom line.

Quote: DV
The reason dv keeps winning is because you haters motivate us. Keep talking haters and we keep working and winning bottom line.

reason dv keeps winning? what in the hell are you smoking? whatever it is you need to break that habit.

dv got their butts kicked by andress in the playoffs this year and dv under coach perales has never beaten a out of town team in the playoffs ever. i'm not hating i'm just stating facts.

this truth has nothing to do with hating on dv. do your research and see that andress kicked dvs butt in the playoffs this year. also do research in the playoffs and see that dv under coach perales has never beaten a out of town team in the playoffs ever.

when you research that you will see that it is the truth and that i am not lieing or hating.

my research shows that dv has won 4 district championships and 4 bidistrict championships in the last 5 years. I know to you Oscar that is nothing but show me who in el paso has more district and bidistrict championships in the last 5 years

By the way Oscar who is your team?

yes that is a nice accomplishment indistrict 24A which includes san eli,ysleta,horizon,parkland, really the only team you need to beat is canutillo,,lets face it the district is very weak, better teams than andress the last few years,,but I hae to agree with oscar outside of weak teams that you have played outside of the district like socorro and jefferson,,really what have you done,,,weak district, weak schedule,,like oscar said not hating just the facts

Question remains who has more district and bi district championships in the last 5 years? you and oscar can say it was a weak district or we haven't beaten an out of town team but who has more district and bidistrict championships than dv the last 5 years?

Question remains who has more district and bi district championships in the last 5 years? you and oscar can say it was a weak district or we haven't beaten an out of town team but who has more district and bidistrict championships than dv the last 5 years?

district championships? might as well say district potatochips.

answer me this question. how many out of town teams has del valle beaten in the playoffs in the LAST 5 YEARS? and please stop with your district potatochips.

also tell me and everyone else what happened to del valle this year when they got their district potatochips kicked out of them by andress.

Its easy to win district and bi-district when you play 2nd and 3rd tier teams week in and week out. Andress wasn't even that good this year and dv couldnt even SCORE on them?? What?? You call that winning?? You and charlie sheen need to lay off the smack. Play some real teams like the one you scheduled next year for pre-district and WIN, then you can talk about being one of the best programs in the city. As of right now, dv is a mediocre 4a team.

Uy que miedo!! We wouldn't want to play those big bad 5a schools..... Especially the Hanks, Eastwoods, Bel Airs, and Socorros!!! It's funny how those 5a schools only mention the top 4 schools in their districts but fail to mention how they also play the carpet teams "week in & week out". LMAO!!!!!!

Quote: .......
Uy que miedo!! We wouldn't want to play those big bad 5a schools..... Especially the Hanks, Eastwoods, Bel Airs, and Socorros!!! It's funny how those 5a schools only mention the top 4 schools in their districts but fail to mention how they also play the carpet teams "week in & week out". LMAO!!!!!!

Siii guey, los 5a's es unos monstros... y que jajajaja. Yeah ur right u wouldnt wanna play bel air eastwood socorro or hanks. Youd rather stick to san eli and ephs, that way u can continue to pick on the little ones :)

Del Valle played 5A El Paso El Dorado twice and lost both times.

Crazy how you us "El Paso" people still talk down about other teams, when really we should be supporting.

Oscar you need to get over your self dude really, what kind of person are you who talks about other teams this way.

That really dies show what type of person you are.

Ungrateful, lack of respect and ignorant.

Quote: Hello?!?!
Crazy how you us "El Paso" people still talk down about other teams, when really we should be supporting.

Oscar you need to get over your self dude really, what kind of person are you who talks about other teams this way.

That really dies show what type of person you are.

Ungrateful, lack of respect and ignorant.

what??? lack of respect??? why you calling me ignorant??? all i said is that andress kicked del valles butt in the playoffs. is that true or not true??? it is true. also del valle has never beaten a out of town team in the playoffs under perales. is that true or not true??? is is true.

it is all true why you saying ungrateful, lack of respect and calling me ignorant??? i don't understand when all i am saying is the truth.

is it that i said district potatochips??? i was only playing with that. it is district championships but everyone in the state of texas knows that district championships do not mean squat in texas. what really matters are wins against out of town teams in the playoffs which is something del valle has not be able to do under perales.

« | | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | | »

Copyright © 2004-2014 EP GRIDIRON. All Rights Reserved.