WELCOME TO THE EP GRIDIRON FORUM                                                                                                            FORUM RULES & GUIDELINES: CLICK HERE

Index > EP GRIDIRON - Forum > - VARSITY > AMERICAS 2011-2012
Forum: - VARSITY
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
AMERICAS 2011-2012

Where is the team headed? Who are our top notch players moving up from JV to Varsity? Is the Freshmen QB going to be our Varsity starter? Are there any impact players that anyone believe will stand out this year!

Will Americas make the playoffs. If so, what must the Blazers do, in order to accomplish this feat?

Re: AMERICAS 2011-2012

I see Americas in the playoff mix next year. With an improved QB to go along with that good run game, I think it looks good. I do not know who may be the QB, but I am going on my opinion that it will not be too hard to improve that position.

DC, I am hoping that Coach Melton adds the passing game this year. Americas must do better in this area. I am concerned with our QB position?

I believe we have a good defense and offense returning. I know my son has been working out like crazy getting ready for next year.

He must make the playoffs and do damage in his final year of high school. We don't care about all district RB selectionS...I told him get your team in the playoffs.

what about that kid albert delgado,i heard he was good i didnt see much of him is he good or not ?

Quote: ?
what about that kid albert delgado,i heard he was good i didnt see much of him is he good or not ?

I am asking the same question!

Albert has exceptional hands and strength for a receiver. He was supposed to play varsity this year but the transfer from Montwood didnt allow him to. So he ended up playing after half the JV season. He could improve speed though but im sure coach Melton will have him working on that.

Quote: The Trailblazer
Albert has exceptional hands and strength for a receiver. He was supposed to play varsity this year but the transfer from Montwood didnt allow him to. So he ended up playing after half the JV season. He could improve speed though but im sure coach Melton will have him working on that.

Thanks for the input!!! The season started after the loss to El Dorado, so Blazer kids hit the weight room hard and continue to work on your strengths and weaknesses!

Quote: AHS SUPPORTIVE PARENT

Thanks for the input!!! The season started after the loss to El Dorado, so Blazer kids hit the weight room hard and continue to work on your strengths and weaknesses!
Your welcome sir. Ive seen great improvement in the size of the kids since they started workouts and i heard that coach melton is going to put the kids on a nutrition plan. Not sure if thats true though but it could really help the kids build/grow more and stay healthy for the upcoming seasons.
question: do you have any idea on who the quarterback might be for next year? And if so, can i have so input on him please?

Your welcome sir. Ive seen great improvement in the size of the kids since they started workouts and i heard that coach melton is going to put the kids on a nutrition plan. Not sure if thats true though but it could really help the kids build/grow more and stay healthy for the upcoming seasons.
question: do you have any idea on who the quarterback might be for next year? And if so, can i have so input on him please?

I am clueless about AHS starting quarterback for the upcoming season. I had the pleasure of watching the Freshmen and the JV quarterbacks this season.

Both did some good things, so I am looking forward to Spring Football and 7 on 7 tournaments to gauge the progress of our quarterbacks.

I don't know the names of either QB!

I saw the freshmen and jv qb's and was more impressed with the freshmen qb. He had a stronger arm and looked more poised than the jv qb. I also heard he's getting moved up to varsity in the spring so it looks like there's going to be an open competition for the starting position.

The Trailblazers athletes looked good at the 3 school Power lifting meet with Eastwood,Horizon and Americas that was held at Americas H.S. last week. Keep up the hard work and it will pay off. Good luck next season and I hope you guys go 9-1 and show El Paso what you can accomplish with hard work discipline and good coaching.

Winning in the Texas state playoffs takes more than just power lifting, hard work, discipline and good coaching. Lots of teams throughout the country do this and they don't go very far some do not even make the playoffs. It takes alot more than that. I swear many people are so in the dark about what it takes to win in the Texas state playoffs.

Quote: EZ tackle
Winning in the Texas state playoffs takes more than just power lifting, hard work, discipline and good coaching. Lots of teams throughout the country do this and they don't go very far some do not even make the playoffs. It takes alot more than that. I swear many people are so in the dark about what it takes to win in the Texas state playoffs.
Wow...sorry if I touched a nerve... that was not my intention. I was simply trying to give some positive encouragement to some kids that seemed to have been putting in some hard work. You think too small my friend...Playoffs...I worked with a High school in another state that at the time was in the top ten in the COUNTRY so I know exactly what it takes to make the playoffs. So you continue thinking that you know the secret ingredient to high school football and I will continue to encourage hard work,discipline and good coaching because after all these are the only things that we have any real control over if we are going to play by the rules. If your talking about depth of natural talent then I have to say that I completely understand that this comes into play for a teams success as well but like I said...you have no control over who lives in your schools zone so unless you are going to break the rules you can't worry about this. You need to lighten up and try to be more proactive...if you even know what that means !

Like I said it takes more than just power lifting, hard work, discipline, good coaching and positive encouragment. Everyone knows that "you can walk a horse to water but you can make it drink."

Like I said it takes more than just power lifting, hard work, discipline, good coaching and positive encouragment. Everyone knows that "you can walk a horse to water but you can make it drink."

Ez tackle, please enlighten the masses on what it takes to make the playoffs and succeed. All ideas are welcome!

Thanks

yeah EZ Tackle Iam wanting to know as well.....Maybe we can get coach brooks to do those things.

Quote: kitty
I saw the freshmen and jv qb's and was more impressed with the freshmen qb. He had a stronger arm and looked more poised than the jv qb. I also heard he's getting moved up to varsity in the spring so it looks like there's going to be an open competition for the starting position.

Kitty, I asked Coach Melton about the QB position, and he said the QB spot will be an open competition. Man, that Freshmen must be good...wow!!!

Kitty, I asked Coach Melton about the QB position, and he said the QB spot will be an open competition. Man, that Freshmen must be good...wow!!!
seen the freshman qb play 2 or 3 times and he is very good. didnt get to see the jv guy.

Quote: been there done it

seen the freshman qb play 2 or 3 times and he is very good. didnt get to see the jv guy.

What is his measurable's? Wow, for a Freshmen QB to challenge for a starting position, he must have immense measurable's i.e., speed, quickness, passing, poise, and most importantly football smarts.

I cannot wait to see this kid during the spring game and against Parkland the week before the regular season starts.

Go Blazers

What is his measurable's? Wow, for a Freshmen QB to challenge for a starting position, he must have immense measurable's i.e., speed, quickness, passing, poise, and most importantly football smarts.

I cannot wait to see this kid during the spring game and against Parkland the week before the regular season starts.

Go Blazers

The freshmen kid name is orlando some thing the kid is a baseball player the kid is alright but he is way to scared saw all the freshmen games the kid was great against sloppy teams but once the good teams came kid couldn't do anything at all there's anotherfreshmen drew ramirez he a big boy plays like tim tebow he also plays lb kid is go but not fast but he is not scared to get him kid trains with austins qb ERNEST RAYA so should be a okay season just gotta see how the coaches make it cuz melton like orlando since his brother played for americas and there always there brownnoseing so we will see

Orlando is in baseball right now so the reps are going between Andrew and Jacob. Right now it looks like Andrew is the better of the to. Orlando will be behind when he comes back from baseball but he was working hard with our recievers before baseball started. As far as coach he is going to play whoever is gonna make us win. I even heard him say he might put Pietre back at QB, (D-Rangel). We Got more of a passing game this year and that is all we been working on really.

Quote: Bullet12

Go Blazers

The freshmen kid name is orlando some thing the kid is a baseball player the kid is alright but he is way to scared saw all the freshmen games the kid was great against sloppy teams but once the good teams came kid couldn't do anything at all there's anotherfreshmen drew ramirez he a big boy plays like tim tebow he also plays lb kid is go but not fast but he is not scared to get him kid trains with austins qb ERNEST RAYA so should be a okay season just gotta see how the coaches make it cuz melton like orlando since his brother played for americas and there always there brownnoseing so we will see

Thats funny because i know the kids brothers and how is it possible that the brothers are "brownnoseing" if they are both out of the state playing baseball and rarely come home... what people do to try and make some one look bad its a trip.get your facts stright before you post them.

did americas loose another coach?

Quote: blazer 2013
Orlando is in baseball right now so the reps are going between Andrew and Jacob. Right now it looks like Andrew is the better of the to. Orlando will be behind when he comes back from baseball but he was working hard with our recievers before baseball started. As far as coach he is going to play whoever is gonna make us win. I even heard him say he might put Pietre back at QB, (D-Rangel). We Got more of a passing game this year and that is all we been working on really.

"As far as coach he is going to play whoever is gonna make us win." I hope so kiddo, maybe this time Melton will make a good sound decision on who is going to be at QB, it needs to be fair and square with no parental influences... Jack Jr. will not be able to carry this team on his own, he is going to get burnt out before he goes to Boise. And he doesn't want that! Not sure what this years team will do, I truly feel that this past season was Melton's chance to put himself on the map. Good luck Blazers... I'll be watching.

P.S. Congratulations Jack Jr. Good luck!

Copyright © 2004-2014 EP GRIDIRON. All Rights Reserved.