WELCOME TO THE EP GRIDIRON FORUM                                                                                                            FORUM RULES & GUIDELINES: CLICK HERE

Index > EP GRIDIRON - Forum > - VARSITY > Oline 5-A
Forum: - VARSITY
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Oline 5-A

How does the oline look for all the 5-1 schools. Who will be the players to step up for each team???

Re: Oline 5-A

Elmendorf and Potts for Franklin will be juniors this year but will be the best 2 takles in the city, the rest of the line is new. gonna be interesting to see what they can do for their star QB.

For Eastwood MacNeil is the only full time starter to come back. he was a 2nd team all district pick last season and he should be one of the best Guards in the City next year, after him their are a lot of question marks. Probably looking at Zamudio at Center ,if he can stay injury free and rehab his knee he should do a respectable job. Valenzuela got honorable mention all district Tackle and he should do well...he would do better with a bit more size as he is a bit undersized for an OT even by El Paso standards. I have heard rumors about a D line starter from last year moving to the O line and of a transfer from another school but don't know enough to say for sure. In any case Eastwood has been winning the Heavyweight division of every tri school power lifting meet they have entered.... Hopefully this strength can translate into something on the football field and especially on the O line because Eastwood has a stud of a running back in Chris Ross who is gonna shock some people but a good O line will help big time!

I have watched Hanks games and they have 4 lineman returning. Jacob Baumler is a junior who will be Center it looks like, also Miguel Vaquera and Ruben Martinez should be guards. Josh Holcomb will probably be one tackle and they need another. I'm a parent and this is what I have observed through the years of following these kids.

Quote: Eastsidedweller
I have watched Hanks games and they have 4 lineman returning. Jacob Baumler is a junior who will be Center it looks like, also Miguel Vaquera and Ruben Martinez should be guards. Josh Holcomb will probably be one tackle and they need another. I'm a parent and this is what I have observed through the years of following these kids.
Is that 4 returning varsity linemen or 4 legit starters? If it's 4 starters then Hanks should have a very strong O line. By starter I mean that they were first string for a majority of the season. Eastwood only has 1 legit starter returning on the O line. Good luck next season...especially in that first game.

Quote: TrooperX
Is that 4 returning varsity linemen or 4 legit starters? If it's 4 starters then Hanks should have a very strong O line. By starter I mean that they were first string for a majority of the season. Eastwood only has 1 legit starter returning on the O line. Good luck next season...especially in that first game.
Lets see Vaquera started until he got injured at Bel Air. Not sure on Martinez i think he was injured throughout season. Holcomb started. And Baumler was back up center but played tackle at the end of the year due to injuries by other possitions. This is what i know from people.

Lets see Vaquera started until he got injured at Bel Air. Not sure on Martinez i think he was injured throughout season. Holcomb started. And Baumler was back up center but played tackle at the end of the year due to injuries by other possitions. This is what i know from people.
Looks to be a pretty solid group...good luck

Good luck to your troop too.

Big Potts

Big D

enough said.

hanks oline may be a little undersized...

Quote: lol
Big Potts

Big D

enough said.
Heard Potts will play the left side and Elendorf the right, sorry to say but Potts is nowhere near elendorf's footwork, strength and mobility, bad move i think the line coach is just trying to get potts more recognition, just hope it does not come back and bite him in the butt. Good luck franklin

Quote: spectator
Quote: lol
Big Potts

Big D

enough said.
Heard Potts will play the left side and Elendorf the right, sorry to say but Potts is nowhere near elendorf's footwork, strength and mobility, bad move i think the line coach is just trying to get potts more recognition, just hope it does not come back and bite him in the butt. Good luck franklin
Honestly your splitting hairs at this point. This may be the best O Tackle tandem in the city and it really does not matter who plays on what side with them. I'm sure the O line coach has a good reason for placing them where he has. Your theory about the O line coach trying to get Potts more recognition does not hold water.... Potts did not sit out games last year due to injury,Potts is not the one that has to prove that his knees are not a big question mark and Potts was the one who did get selected to the All District roster last season. Both of these athletes should do great next season but it's obvious to people that are looking at the big picture that Elemendorf has MUCH more to prove next season. Stop splittig hairs and let a very capable coach do his job!

Saw Elmendorf at a camp and he handled himself very well in one on one drills. I believe him and the N.G. from El Dorado ( yeah he's my kid) were the only Juniors that got recognized as camp standouts. Anyway I think I spelled the young man's name wrong. He will be a tough force to deal with. If he is their best lineman why would they put him on the QB right unless the QB is left handed?

Quote: Black and Gold
Saw Elmendorf at a camp and he handled himself very well in one on one drills. I believe him and the N.G. from El Dorado ( yeah he's my kid) were the only Juniors that got recognized as camp standouts. Anyway I think I spelled the young man's name wrong. He will be a tough force to deal with. If he is their best lineman why would they put him on the QB right unless the QB is left handed?
we are asking the same question ourselves. my son plays at franklin and for him and other kids who play and practice with these two kids to have there doubts about this move really raises questions, but who knows maybe the coach has different plans for Elmendorff or maybe you know it all trooper x.

I play for Franklin and we agree that Derek should be playing left tackle for his skills are much more advanced, but why they moved who knows, Derek is busting is tail off at workouts and it's paying off, Derek and Potts will have great seasons!!

Quote: Little C
I play for Franklin and we agree that Derek should be playing left tackle for his skills are much more advanced, but why they moved who knows, Derek is busting is tail off at workouts and it's paying off, Derek and Potts will have great seasons!!
I am VERY surprised to see parents and players on this PUBLIC message board downplaying one of their own team mates skills to build a case for another player. There is a big question mark for Eastwood's right wTackle position. I have a definite opinion about which athlete should get the spot but neither I or any of the current Eastwood players would get on here and downplay the skills of the other kid if the coach went with him. Franklin is my pick for DC this season but if this is an example of the type of team integrity they have then I may be starting to have my doubts.

I am VERY surprised to see parents and players on this PUBLIC message board downplaying one of their own team mates skills to build a case for another player. There is a big question mark for Eastwood's right wTackle position. I have a definite opinion about which athlete should get the spot but neither I or any of the current Eastwood players would get on here and downplay the skills of the other kid if the coach went with him. Franklin is my pick for DC this season but if this is an example of the type of team integrity they have then I may be starting to have my doubts.
Derek is my son and i appreciate the comments posted on this website good or bad its just made him work his butt off that much more this summer. We really don't care were he plays this year as long as he does, if the coach decides that's were he will help Franklin the best then so be it. Just to let you guys know hes knee is perfectly find, last years injury is part of the sport but has recovered well and is ready to go this year... good luck to all the schools out there especially Franklin and to my son.. Do work Big Boy!!

its not the players getting on this board, its a few parents of the players that think they always know more than the coaches. Welcome to the westside... There are always a few parents out there that seem to never be happy. Its not their kid, its not their job, and its wrong when they like stirring the so called pot of doubt. To those few parents(not the 90%good parents at franklin) worry about your kid and quit trying to coach the team.

Quote: elmendorff
Derek is my son and i appreciate the comments posted on this website good or bad its just made him work his butt off that much more this summer. We really don't care were he plays this year as long as he does, if the coach decides that's were he will help Franklin the best then so be it. Just to let you guys know hes knee is perfectly find, last years injury is part of the sport but has recovered well and is ready to go this year... good luck to all the schools out there especially Franklin and to my son.. Do work Big Boy!!
Well said Mr. Elemendorf! As an athlete yourself I know you understand that this will need to be the teams attitude if they are to live up to their capabilities. Best of luck to Derek next season... (I just hope him and Potts both have an off game when they play Eastwood)

Quote: elmendorff

Elmendorff it's parents like you, Jack Fields father, and Dominique Hamiltons father who many El Paso parents can learn from on this board. Most parents hide or are influenced by the coaches to not speak openly about their son, team and their love of the game of football.

On other boards, forums, blogs, facebook, twitter and other websites throughout the internet parents speak freely about their son, team and the love for the game of football. But for some reason when parents from El Paso speak freely on this board whether they think they know it all or not it's a problem for some El Pasoans and even some El Paso coaches. This bothers me because it tells me that El Paso is still way behind the times.

Elmendorff we need more parents on this board like you, Fields father and Hamiltons father who speak freely about your son, team and the love for the game of football. You guys keep it real. I take my hat off to you gentlemen for being true to yourselves.

Ez tackle I agree with you on this. Not sure why I was criticized so much when I was open about who my son is last season on this forum. Guess it's an El Paso thing.

It is an El Paso thing but hey if WE put our thoughts and son's names out there we have to expect some criticism. My son,Trey Smith, plays NG at El Dorado and this will be his first varsity season. Much like the parents that stay involved and push their kids we have ENJOYED going to football camps this summer. He has met a lot of kids, been coached up by NFL coaches, and has had a chance to dare to dream. It has lit a new fire under him to work even harder and to be apart of his teams success this year. I will not talk about what El Do is doing and personnel moves because the coaches may see something I do not. I will talk about if I think we need to run or pass more. Bottomline I do not get paid tomake those decision but I can respectfully comment when I desire. Key word respectfully.
Also before anyone makes a comment about not all can afford to take their kid to camps around the area and that does not make them less involved. I never said that it does. God has blessed my wife and I and we bust our butts daily for all of our children. I have been reading these blogs long enough to know someone would have said that.LOL

This year Montwood has the best all around O-Line. With 4 returning starters, we saw how well they did last year and will do even better this year. this O-line is smart, knows their plays, and is explosive. These kids are going to make D-lines look dumb, and give a great running path for the run game, and alot of time for the pass game.

Copyright © 2004-2014 EP GRIDIRON. All Rights Reserved.