WELCOME TO THE EP GRIDIRON FORUM                                                                                                            FORUM RULES & GUIDELINES: CLICK HERE

Index > EP GRIDIRON - Forum > - VARSITY > El dorados defense the best in the city for 2012 With returning stars??
Forum: - VARSITY
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
El dorados defense the best in the city for 2012 With returning stars??

I saw alot of good players on there defense. Id like to say they will have the best defense in the city this season with mata an outstanding d-line a sack monster, gonzalez probably the best inside linebacker in the city he will return hungry. olivas coming up ive see him play before that kid never gives up and works hard. More kids on that d getting ready to show the city whats coming.

Re: El dorados defense the best in the city for 2012 With returning stars??

So this Means You guys are going to be district champs Since you have the best DEF in the city. that a big statement and a bulleyes.

Here we go again about how good El Dorados defense is going to be. Yet every year they cant win district and lose to Montwood. Just be quiet and play football. El Dorado is the only school every year that starts that topic. Just get ready for the season and shut-up!!!!!!

Here we go again. You started later than last year, but how did that work out for you?

I am a little league coach. Its my opinion on what i saw throughout last season. Americas had a good defense too but i believe el dorados defense is great probably the best. And why does everybody have to bring montwood up when el dorado is the topic??? Get over yourselves have some class!!

Then stay in little league or post in the freshman or jv posts.

Quote: Monkey Business
Then stay in little league or post in the freshman or jv posts.

wow bro hes statn an opinion i thinks thats what ep gridiron is for>you don gotta get all buthurt be positive bro, dam no one was even talkn bout montwood so how bout you shutuhp bro

facts are facts eldo's defense hasn't been good enough to beat montwood. whenever you beat them you can brag about being the best. u aztecs r funny!

When has beating MHS become the end all? How about winning playoff games and making a run? Let's see Bi-district Champs trophy or district? Regional or district? State...gt my drift El Do goals are far beyond beating MHS. Do they want to? Yes. Does it make or break the season?HECK NO.
Now get back to the blog topic.
The defense does look tremendous on paper up front with Mata, Alvarez, Gonzales, and some new faces. The secondary will be young and that could be the one weak area. They will be very athletic but young.

When teams win a bi-district title that is a great accomplishment no matter what anybody says. Winning a district title is also a huge accomplishment. Sometimes in the play-offs you get a very tough draw. I dont know who Montwood played but they lost. El Dorado won their bi district game and i dont know who they beat. But IMO Montwood was better than eldo last year regardless. MW was the DC of a very tough 5a district. If i were eldo i wouldnt knock on them. El Do you should win district bi district and more. Stay quiet and win. Thats all you have to do.

My vote for the school in the whole city who talks more thrash then anybody and has done nothing great my Vote El dorado

El do gets my vote also. Can't beat Montwood!!!!!!! Except in talking.

Montwood wasn't the best in 5A last year.. It was El Dorado, Coronado, Montwood, Franklin. And I'm a Coronado supporter..

El dorado has the best athletes in 5A but one of the worse coaches.. They were outcoached in the games they lost not outplayed..

ElDo had the best defense last year.

My vote too shut up and play football u all talk too much and yes winning district should be your goal every year and winning playoff games. We should get a vote going about how many times a year they talk about there defense.....And yes word was u all were out coached not out played.

that makes no sense at all. Eldo was the best team but got outcoached. UHH green bay wasnt the best team in the nfl they just outplayed everybody. pittsburgh was the best team but they got out coached. The proof is in your record. Im not a montwood fan but they were the district champs so they earned the best team in 5a honors for what ever reason. if eldo wins district they will be the best in 5a and so on and so on.

Yes they were outcoached.. If you ask anyone who was the best team besides their own they would say .. After ElDo was down to coronado were they outplayed or outcoached? When coronado was down by a TD to abilene going to half was abilene outplayed or outcoached.. You all act as if the players are the reason teams win or lose but its actually the time to coach puts forming a gameplan..

Congrats to el dorado they have a couple good players. It takes more than a few good players to have a strong d. You need to be even more connected, bonded to, and experienced with every other palyer on your defense. With defense, everyone has to be on the same page. One loose screw and the whole mechanism falls apart. You see el do has a good dlineman and linebacker, and then you just jump on the chance to say theyre the best, please...give me a break...

Yusee, you are somewhat correct bit the players are the pnes performing the actions. The palyers sleep eat and bleed football and give their all out on friday nghts. The coaches are fifty percent of the wins, and the players are the other half. The players must have the heart to be sucesscful and make their coaches and team successful. Don't take away from the players.

Would you rather have great players and average coaches or great coaches and average players?

Quote: BLACK AND GOLD
When has beating MHS become the end all? How about winning playoff games and making a run? Let's see Bi-district Champs trophy or district? Regional or district? State...gt my drift El Do goals are far beyond beating MHS. Do they want to? Yes. Does it make or break the season?HECK NO.
Now get back to the blog topic.
The defense does look tremendous on paper up front with Mata, Alvarez, Gonzales, and some new faces. The secondary will be young and that could be the one weak area. They will be very athletic but young.

Hey u guys won a playoff gAme last season great for your program. As for eldos defense being the best then why did they go down to Coronado and Montwood? Hey stats are great but wins iis what counts at the end of the day. And no Americas defense is not better because I saw u guys light them up this season and that game was done by the half!!!!!!!!!

Quote: Alright
Congrats to el dorado they have a couple good players. It takes more than a few good players to have a strong d. You need to be even more connected, bonded to, and experienced with every other palyer on your defense. With defense, everyone has to be on the same page. One loose screw and the whole mechanism falls apart. You see el do has a good dlineman and linebacker, and then you just jump on the chance to say theyre the best, please...give me a break...

No one said they are the best just because of a couple of players. Unless you want us to download the roster, people just name a couple of key players. It is done for all teams for example Fields at AHS is a key player and will be the focal point of why people may say AHS has best "O". Now for those that want to jump on the last sentence look at how it started "for example"so I am not saying they have the best "O".

no actually they did say they were the best> He said eldo is the best defense. Then he named a few players that are "big names." Lets put two and two togehter big guy, its exactly what he said.

Did not say he did not say El Do is the best I said it was not just based off of a couple of players. You name a couple of leaders, we all do, but the defense being the best is based off of the totality of the talent not just two players.
Now, I would not call anyone the best at anything in February.

Accept for the face that you did say they were the best...ya your totally right

doesn't really apply because the thread is talking about next year but I am going to post 2010 stats, and if its true that they have lots of returners then it might be pretty accurate. Here are the points allowed per game from 1-5a

in order of how they finished in district

Montwood= 23.3
Franklin= 20.9
Cornado= 16.6
El Dorado= 14.8
Americas= 11.6
Hanks= 37.2
Bel Air=37.2
Eastwood= 40.6
Socorro= 47.3

thats this year Americas, El Dorado, and Coronado seemed to be the most consistantly good defenses in the district. If EL Dorado is returning a bunch then the statement can be accurate....The question is how many are the thunderbirds and trailblazers bringing back they had pretty good defenses as well.

Cannot argue with the numbers. Only thing is the secondary was almost all seniors last season. You have a young crew coming in that are hitters but will have to learn to cover the pass better. That is why this 7 on 7 is really good for them. They also will have guys moving around in the secondary. As a whole if they get a good pass rush it will help the young secondary.

Eldo lost to Rams last year with those 23 points . LMBAO....

Quote: .....
doesn't really apply because the thread is talking about next year but I am going to post 2010 stats, and if its true that they have lots of returners then it might be pretty accurate. Here are the points allowed per game from 1-5a

in order of how they finished in district

Montwood= 23.3
Franklin= 20.9
Cornado= 16.6
El Dorado= 14.8
Americas= 11.6
Hanks= 37.2
Bel Air=37.2
Eastwood= 40.6
Socorro= 47.3

thats this year Americas, El Dorado, and Coronado seemed to be the most consistantly good defenses in the district. If EL Dorado is returning a bunch then the statement can be accurate....The question is how many are the thunderbirds and trailblazers bringing back they had pretty good defenses as well.

Why is it that when someone starts a thread stating that they are the best/greatest and then someone else disagrees, they turn around and get angry and start making derogatory statements?

If you think you are the best, put up some facts to justify your statement and let others try to debunk your statement.

So which teams keep their number ones in the entire game worrying about this stat and which let their number 2s play in a meaningful way even though it may mean giving up a few points in a blow out game?

Also, are these averages for the 10 regular season games or are you including playoff games for the top 4?

Quote: .....

Montwood= 23.3
Franklin= 20.9
Cornado= 16.6
El Dorado= 14.8
Americas= 11.6
Hanks= 37.2
Bel Air=37.2
Eastwood= 40.6
Socorro= 47.3

Copyright © 2004-2014 EP GRIDIRON. All Rights Reserved.