WELCOME TO THE EP GRIDIRON FORUM                                                                                                            FORUM RULES & GUIDELINES: CLICK HERE

Index > EP GRIDIRON - News and Opinions > - VARSITY > 2011 Spring Games in El Paso, Texas
Forum: - VARSITY
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
2011 Spring Games in El Paso, Texas

Eastwood's Blue and Gold Spring Game is on thursday June the 2nd.

Anyone else know of any other spring games taking place in May or June??? Post the date

Re: 2011 Spring Games in El Paso, Texas

Bel Air Spring Game is scheduled Saturday May 21st in the Sun Bowl.

does anyone know the day and time when Americas and Montwood will be having their spring game???

I think Americas spring game is May 21 at the Sac.
I don't know the time. I'll get that later and post it.

Quote: Roger
Eastwood's Blue and Gold Spring Game is on thursday June the 2nd.

Anyone else know of any other spring games taking place in May or June??? Post the date

Just tell me what time and I'm there!!!

Is hanks having a spring game. if so when and what time???

Hanks will not be doing spring ball this year.

huh???? why isnt hanks doing spring ball????

I think El Dorado's is May 24th

Montwoods is on may 19th at the sac

Why aren't coaches and players posting dates and times of their teams spring game??? What in the hell your hiding from or afraid of???? Do you suck that bad that you don't want anyone going??? Typical El Paso mentality. No wonder everyone out of town makes fun of El Paso football. Someone please tell me if Del Valle is having a spring game or not??? If they are post the dammmmmmmm date and time. Stop being asses and let me and everyone else know. What do you expect all of us Del Valle freaks to call the school with this guestion???? Just post it here so that I and everyone else can know quicker.

What time is the varsity spring game for Montwood?

Meangreen looks like the spring games are a secret. Teams are having them but I guess they don't want anyone to go watch them suck. I can't even get anyone to post Del Valle's spring game date and time.

dv plays its spring game at 9am on may 21st at the sunbowl!

STFU and be patient, spring ball is not for another three weeks.

You shut it. I know it's this month and I need to know in advance in order to make plans to go watch them. People have lives you know. Are you so dumb not to know this. How can I plan on going and take my kid if I or anyone else do not have dates and times. You can't just tell me or everyone else that week of the spring game or the day of the spring game and expect me and others to go watch the game. People have lives dummy and 3 weeks is like tomorrow for alot of us.

hahaha next time be respectful towards those of us that used to play and those of us that want to be there cheering the players on.

Franklin Spring Game is May 20th at the Sun Bowl....

Or maybe they aren't telling you because they themselves don't know yet.... Some schools have to set it up so maybe people aren't dumb, they just havent't been informed yet. And if you want to know that bad then take the time you spend posting on EP Gridiron and CALL THE **** SCHOOL, if your crzy about Del Valle then take some initiative and find out yourself. And besides players and coaches have better things to be doing rather than posting things online for you to see. Why waste time on here when they could be getting ready for that spring ball that you've been complaining about seeing.

King Kong why do I have to call when Del Valle coaches and players have computers and cell phones. They can post the date and time on here. What you expect me and all Del Vall freaks to call the school??? Are you dumb? You must be!!! Just post it in here where every Del Valle freak like myself can see it and it's done.

You also say that players and coaches have better things to do rather than posting things online. That is the stupidest thing I have ever read and heard. Without spectators or fantatics about Del Valle like myself then the Del Valle football team would be playing in front of an empty stadium.

Think before you speak king kong. It is not a waste of time coming to this website or reading the newspaper about football. If you actually thought it was a waste of time then why in the hell are you on here responding???? Think before you speak.

To the person that posted that date and time on Del Valles spring game. Thank you for do it and for not being a dumass like those that didn't do it.

Quote: King Kong
And besides players and coaches have better things to be doing rather than posting things online for you to see. Why waste time on here when they could be getting ready for that spring ball that you've been complaining about seeing.

King Kong you stated that why would players and coaches waste their time on here? Well I've seen head coaches and assistant coaches on EP Gridiron while in their office or in class. I have also seen players on here on their laptops and phones. I'm always on it on my cell. Anyways when you say why would the players and coaches waste their time on here is ridiculous because majority of them are on it and believe me I know this for a fact. Any coach or player who says otherwise is lying through his teeth. They usually do not post stuff just like me who doesn't post much but we read the stuff.

El Dorado's Spring Game in May 24th 6pm at the SAC.
No big deal just post dates and times.

yeah just post dates and times. is Socorro having one?????

Any word on Canutillo's spring game? date and time.

socorro's spring games is on may the 26th at the sac at 5:30

Here are the Venues for all the El Paso area 5A football Spring games.

Montwood- SAC

Eldorado- SAC

Socorro- SAC

Coronado- Sun Bowl

Bel Air- Sun Bowl

Americas- SAC

Franklin- Sun Bowl

Hanks- Has opted out of Spring ball so they can come in earlier for summer two a days

Eastwood- On their rutted ,grassless,Pot holed, Baseball field!

Seriously...whats wrong with this picture! It's no wonder these kids can't take themselves serious and nobody else does either. Last year was a Gimee because Coach Satcher was not here long enough to be held accountable. YISD prides itself on fairness between the schools. How is this fair? Well a year has passed and now I do believe Coach Satcher, Eastwoods faculty and YISD should be held acountable for this blatant disregard for one of their schools well being!
I really hope this post does not get deleted because it's true, relevant and needs to be addressed!

If I were Coach Satcher I would just cancel the spring game because of the field alone and just be like Hanks and hold out for earlier summer two a days

Quote: Charles
If I were Coach Satcher I would just cancel the spring game because of the field alone and just be like Hanks and hold out for earlier summer two a days
I agree 100% ... or he could do like Parkland and have the earlier two a days with the second session being under the lights. But unfortunately it looks like " The Pride Of The East Side" is going to just have to just get the short end of the stick and try to make chicken salad out of dog crap as usual.

how is eastwood the "pride of the east side?"

Quote: RedZoneThreat
how is eastwood the "pride of the east side?"
I guess you missed the sarcasm???? But that really is their slogan and they were worthy of it at one time....The verdict is still out on whether they ever will be again!

I think YISD should be embarassed that Eastwood is having to have their spring game on a baseball field. It seems like they waste thousands of dollars every year re-sodding the football field but then they don't do anything to maintain it.

Quote: kitty
I think YISD should be embarassed that Eastwood is having to have their spring game on a baseball field. It seems like they waste thousands of dollars every year re-sodding the football field but then they don't do anything to maintain it.

Americas is going through the same ordeal!

Quote: AHS SUPPORTIVE PARENT
Quote: kitty

Americas is going through the same ordeal!
Could it be that the El Paso Good ol Boy network has blackballed the two Houston Coach imports? ... This is interesting. If Americas and Eastwood are the only 5A teams having a hard time finding a decent venue for their Spring games it should probably be looked into by the Districts. Americas will definitely have College scouts at their Spring game to look at Jack Fields. Eastwood has athletes that may be getting looked at as well...It would be a shame for these two teams to look so pony league for these games. It will make all of El Paso H.S. Football look very bad!

TrooperX don't be stupid. The El Paso Good ol Boy network as you stated is not attempting to blackball the 2 no district titles and no playoff appearance Houston Coach imports.

Eastwood, Americas and many other teams throughout El Paso have crappy venues. It's been like even before your Houston Coach imports arrived.

Don't start with your excuses

Quote: Oscar
TrooperX don't be stupid. The El Paso Good ol Boy network as you stated is not attempting to blackball the 2 no district titles and no playoff appearance Houston Coach imports.

Eastwood, Americas and many other teams throughout El Paso have crappy venues. It's been like even before your Houston Coach imports arrived.

Don't start with your excuses
Oscar why don't you try to make a point without throwing out personal insults and for goodness sake try to state a FACT that's relevant to the topic at some point! Simply name the 5A teams that have these "crappy venues" that you speak of. The fact is THAT YOU CAN'T! Every 5A school is playing their Spring games at the S.A.C. or the Sun Bowl except Eastwood and possibly Americas. You can look at it any way you want but it sure looks like favoritism to me.
Secondly....when did I make any excuses for anything? I actually think both of these are going to be improved from last year and will do pretty good next season. I am simply trying to point out a blatant difference between the way they are treated from other schools in the area that are in the same District as them. Playing these games in the better Venues does give these teams an advantage and If I have to spell it out for you what they are I will in a later post but anyone should be able to easily and clearly figure out what those advantages are on their own! The good news is that Eastwood has moved it's Spring Game to Eastwood Knolls Jr High on June 2nd starting at 4:30 for JV and 5:30 for Varsity....so this is slightly better than the baseball field.

Trooper our spring game is in the sac. Actually we have been practicing there every day.

Quote: Blazer
Trooper our spring game is in the sac. Actually we have been practicing there every day.
Thank you for the information I had heard a rumor to the contrary. Well then Oscar....It's Official...Eastwood is the ONLY 5A team not playing their game at the SAC of Sun Bowl... so I'm back to where I started...How is this being fair and equal? Like I stated in my other post..I'm not making excuses because I believe Eastwood will surprise some people and do well this season. It's simply not fair to the young athletes at Eastwood who are working every bit as hard as the athletes at the other schools.

Coach Satcher should go after all the Eastwood alums with money to burn and ask and then beg to fund a project like to fix the field. Or find and think of other creative ways to get what he wants for the program.

MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!! Don't wait for administration or someone to hand you something on a silver platter!!!!! You sound like a kid complaining that he or she has this and that and that you should have it too. Damm crybaby

Doesn't Coach Satcher teach or preach to the athletes and students if they want it or want something they got to to make it happen? To make do with what you have at this moment or at this instant?

NO EXCUSES
Stop crying a river and MAKE IT HAPPEN especially start now for the trooper athletes of tomorrow.

Majority of people always expecting free handouts and freebies. Just disgusting. MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!!

NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEVER GIVE UP!!!!! TEAM!!!! SACRIFICE!!!!!!! ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL!!!!!! DETERMINATION!!!!!PERSEVERENCE!!!!!EXECUTE!!!!!

Quote: Roosevelt
Coach Satcher should go after all the Eastwood alums with money to burn and ask and then beg to fund a project like to fix the field. Or find and think of other creative ways to get what he wants for the program.

MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!! Don't wait for administration or someone to hand you something on a silver platter!!!!! You sound like a kid complaining that he or she has this and that and that you should have it too. Damm crybaby

Doesn't Coach Satcher teach or preach to the athletes and students if they want it or want something they got to to make it happen? To make do with what you have at this moment or at this instant?

NO EXCUSES
Stop crying a river and MAKE IT HAPPEN especially start now for the trooper athletes of tomorrow.

Majority of people always expecting free handouts and freebies. Just disgusting. MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!!

NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEVER GIVE UP!!!!! TEAM!!!! SACRIFICE!!!!!!! ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL!!!!!! DETERMINATION!!!!!PERSEVERENCE!!!!!EXECUTE!!!!!
Actually you sound like a kid who is ranting. All I am saying is that all athletes deserve the same advantages. Actually you sound like a kid who plays for one of the other teams that has the advantages and you know by beating a team that's not receiving equal consideration then your win is diminished...and if you lose to a team that does not receive the same accolades and benefits as you do .....well then you just plain suck!
You know NOTHING about what this coach has tried to do and he has been met by numerous roadblocks. I am not an Eastwood football player. I am a fan and former parent who is simply pointing out something that's unfair. The players have never complained about any of this and they are doing all the things you ranted about. They are focused on playing football as they should be. But it's our responsibility as adults to insure all teams are receiving equal advantages. Coach Satcher is trying to do this but is being met by resistance from the district. So unless you know the whole story (which you don't) you should keep your childish rants to yourself.

and more crying, geezus stop already

All athletes deserve the same advantages? Get out of here with that nonsense. Life is like a box of chocolates you never know what you're gonna get. Damm it deal with what you get in life and stop making excuses that others have an advantage over you. That's is crying a river to the highest extreme.

Coach Satcher should have known what he was getting into. Every damm coach should always expect the worse when taking over a program. Every damm coach should expect resistence!!!!! That is life and people often say that football is like life which is true. In order to score a touchdown there is resistence trying to prevent you from scoring.

Stop crying a river about this advantage and disadvantage nonsense and focus, draw up a plan, execute and score no matter how long it takes.

Resistence is always going to be there no matter what you're after or what you want.

and another thing I don't need to know the whole story about what Coach Satcher has been done or been through nor do I have to know any other head coaches story or any person's story because all stories are the same and it's called LIFE!

LIFES A BIATCH so stop whinning and start making it happen for the Trooper athletes of tomorrow.

Quote: TheTruth

All athletes deserve the same advantages? Get out of here with that nonsense. Life is like a box of chocolates you never know what you're gonna get. Damm it deal with what you get in life and stop making excuses that others have an advantage over you. That's is crying a river to the highest extreme.

Coach Satcher should have known what he was getting into. Every damm coach should always expect the worse when taking over a program. Every damm coach should expect resistence!!!!! That is life and people often say that football is like life which is true. In order to score a touchdown there is resistence trying to prevent you from scoring.

Stop crying a river about this advantage and disadvantage nonsense and focus, draw up a plan, execute and score no matter how long it takes.

Resistence is always going to be there no matter what you're after or what you want.

and another thing I don't need to know the whole story about what Coach Satcher has been done or been through nor do I have to know any other head coaches story or any person's story because all stories are the same and it's called LIFE!

LIFES A BIATCH so stop whinning and start making it happen for the Trooper athletes of tomorrow.
If you don't see how this is wrong then there is nothing I can say that would make you change your mind. If you were an athlete,Parent,Fan or teacher at Eastwood instead of whatever school your affiliated with then you would probably have an opinion closer to mine than the "suck it up and drive on "mentality that you seem to have. I am a retired Recon Marine and 2 time Combat Veteran so I don't need a lesson on "suckin it up and driving on" from someone who has probably never left El Paso in his entire life. We need to remember that these are High School Kids where Fairness should definitely still be considered.
Spring Games:
Eastwood: June 2nd, 4:30, Eastwood Knolls Feild
Americas SAC
El Dorado SAC
Socorro SAC
montwood SAC
Franklin SUN BOWL
Coronado SUN BOWL
Bel Air SUN BOWL
Just fill in the dates, times and venues and lets all "drive on" as The Truth put in...... Should be about the end of this thread........

TrooperX
The reason that the Socorro schools are having theirs at the sac is because that is their stadium. All the schools that are doing at the sun bowl are doing it in conjunction with the Officials clinic. (college officials have a huge clinic here) and they use the high school spring games for practice. Coach Satcher could have had theirs at the sun bowl but his spring ball ends too late. It would have needed to end this week. Also because satcher isn't from here he might not know about this and might not be able to contact the correct people. It isn't any kind of discrimination against Eastwood. Next year maybe he can align spring with the officials clinic

Quote: TrooperX
Quote: TheTruth

If you don't see how this is wrong then there is nothing I can say that would make you change your mind. If you were an athlete,Parent,Fan or teacher at Eastwood instead of whatever school your affiliated with then you would probably have an opinion closer to mine than the "suck it up and drive on "mentality that you seem to have. I am a retired Recon Marine and 2 time Combat Veteran so I don't need a lesson on "suckin it up and driving on" from someone who has probably never left El Paso in his entire life. We need to remember that these are High School Kids where Fairness should definitely still be considered.
Spring Games:
Eastwood: June 2nd, 4:30, Eastwood Knolls Feild
Americas SAC
El Dorado SAC
Socorro SAC
montwood SAC
Franklin SUN BOWL
Coronado SUN BOWL
Bel Air SUN BOWL
Just fill in the dates, times and venues and lets all "drive on" as The Truth put in...... Should be about the end of this thread........

TrooperX you are putting words in my mouth. I never said "suck it up and drive on"

I stated to MAKE IT HAPPEN. If you cannot figure out how to make it happen or how to set a goal in order to achieve something then you got yoursefl a problem like you do now.

I don't care what training you have or what knowledge you possess. A person can be the smartest SOB out there and doesn't know how do MAKE THINGS HAPPEN. You can be the stupidest SOB out there and MAKE THINGS HAPPEN. There are so many people out there with degrees in this and that on whatever but what's funny is that they can't MAKE THINGS HAPPEN and many are even jobless and don't know where to turn.

The British had large troops with top of the line weapons and this and that stuff while the Americans had toothpicks to fight with. Who won? AMERICANS won the Revolution with their toothpicks. Americans did not complain and cry that the British had nicer uniforms, powerful weapons, big ships, beautiful houses, more education, etc... no they did not they fought with what they had at the time and got it done and we have them to thank for today. They weren't whinners.

Stop crying about what others have or how others are treated and MAKE IT HAPPEN some way or another. Be REAL great role models by doing something rather than complaining and crying to people that others have some or a crapload of advantage over you.

Canutillos spring game is May 26th

The truth, how can you not see what TrooperX is trying to say? While I can aprecieate your Revolutionary War analogy, we are talking about High School Athletes not soldiers in a war. I do agree that when given situations beyond your control you should try to "make things happen" to the best of your ability. If you lose your star Running back then you adapt and "make things happen". If you lose starters to injury then you adapt and "make things happen". If your team is not as big and strong as the other teams then you work hard adapt and "make things happen". But what I believe TrooperX is trying to say is that the basic starting point as far as what is provided by the districts in uniforms,practice fields,playing fields,equipment and just cooperation in general should be equal and fair. What a team does from there is up to them. You have no idea about the walls Coach Satcher has encountered by YISD while trying to "make it happen" and put Eastwood on an equal playing field as the other 5A teams in thier district. And normally when Coach Satcher is shot down for his requests the answer by YISD is "We need to be fair" with all our schools. So how can they say that only when it's in Eastwoods best interest but they turn a blind eye to it when other schools are getting perks. Like Troop already said, your opinion would probably be different if you were affiliated with Eastwood!

Quote: .....
TrooperX
The reason that the Socorro schools are having theirs at the sac is because that is their stadium. All the schools that are doing at the sun bowl are doing it in conjunction with the Officials clinic. (college officials have a huge clinic here) and they use the high school spring games for practice. Coach Satcher could have had theirs at the sun bowl but his spring ball ends too late. It would have needed to end this week. Also because satcher isn't from here he might not know about this and might not be able to contact the correct people. It isn't any kind of discrimination against Eastwood. Next year maybe he can align spring with the officials clinic

Disappointed that Coach Satcher is not making the proper contacts in order to help the Eastwood Program.

Quote: TrooperDad
Quote: .....
TrooperX

Disappointed that Coach Satcher is not making the proper contacts in order to help the Eastwood Program.
Coach Satcher did make contact to set up the Sun Bowl/Coaches Clinic but as previously stated he is not from here and was too late to get on this year. Coach Satcher has a legitamate reason for starting his Spring Ball later. He has explained that there are other sports that are ending their season like Track etc. and he would prefer to have all his players present for the entire Spring Ball and he feels this is in the teams best interest. He has stated that he now knows how it works and he is already on the list for next year. He says he will start spring ball later as normal but will play in the Sun Bowl in the second week of Spring Ball. Then the Blue Gold Game will be held at Eastwoods field sa usual. I know this does not help this years team but at least he has an explantion and a plan. This will be my sons last Blue Gold Game so I wish it did not work out this way as much as anyone but I honestly believe that Coach Satcher is GREAT for this program and will do Outstanding things for Esstwood in the future!

MontWood Rams

Green v.s White

May 19,2011 5:20 p.m
@SAC

should be a great game be there!

7:00 pm tonight under the lights!

El Dorado will be scrimmaging May 21st in the Sun Bowl at 1:30!

Quote: Gus
Canutillos spring game is May 26th

at what time?

noone cares about canutillos spring game of when it is or what time. the only one anyone cared about was coronados.

I care and the rest of the Eagles supporters CARE!!! WOW, people these days....

Well I'll be there.

GO EAGLES

well i won't

Ur right..... U'll be watching the Coronado spring game... From the bench!!!!!! Loser, talk abt something else idiot.

el dorados spring game is today at 5:30 at the SAC.

Copyright © 2004-2014 EP GRIDIRON. All Rights Reserved.