WELCOME TO THE EP GRIDIRON FORUM                                                                                                            FORUM RULES & GUIDELINES: CLICK HERE

Index > EP GRIDIRON - News and Opinions > - VARSITY > San Elizario Football
Forum: - VARSITY
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
San Elizario Football

Can anyone tell me what happened with Coach Gurrola at San Elizario?

Re: San Elizario Football

Is the job open???

That's the rumor. He took the gamble and lost. It is a tough choice for head coach wannabes. You go to a school that traditionally struggles and the odds are against you. The coach at Austin had to have 8 subpar years to get to the 2 awesome seasons. He showed a lot of patience to get to that point (as did the administration).

The guy at Bowie has done a great job. The current coach at El Paso High had a great junior class to work with and did a good job with it. More often though, it will be a struggle.

Some young coach needs to "roll the dice" and see if he can make a name for himself at San Elizario.

Yes the job is wide open. With it being this late in the year they should keep it in house

Keep it in house???? You must be nuts. Those assistants there are part of the big problem at San Elizario.

There are a couple of bad apples. Gurrola ran off the original staff he brought with him. San Eli has 2-3 coaches on their staff that are good coaches.

If they were any good they would of helped San Eli win district or atleast make the playoffs. They were not even close. Those assistant coaches at San Eli are part of the virus there. They need to get rid of them like yesterday.

they shouldn't of even been in 2-4a, if they were in 3a they would of made playoffs

If San Elizario would have been in 3A they would have made the playoffs?????? What?????

It's like saying if Coronado was in 1A, 2A or 3A they would have won state.

Saying that if San Elizario was in 3A they would have made the playoffs is utterly ridiculous. This statement had to have come from someone who is weak minded.

san eli should announce coach by the end of the week

Does anyone know any of the front runners?

no its not like saying that and besides saying that is just plain stupid. How is it ridiculous? do you even know the student population

Coach from El Dorado got it, Barraza

Another coach from a "quality" program coming to rescue san eli. The last coach came from Chapin as an "ace" coordinator. This is a tough place to coach football. Successful years are few and far between.

Is the coach a young coach... I think thats what San Eli needs.. a young coach with new ideas.. not someone who knows how to win with all the talent in the world..

He s in his late 30s. Very good guy good attitude should make the program better. I think the best san eli could ever be on a perfect season for them will be 6-4 maybe 7-3

Quote: Here and There
Coach from El Dorado got it, Barraza

You were correct with your post from back May about Barraza. Richard Barraza has offically been inked in as the new head coach at San Elizario.

He is a young coach who knows how to motivate players. I admire him for taking on a tuff challenge. Give him a couple of years and you will see this program turned around. He has a lot of knowledge of the sport.

Wasn't he head coach @ Socorro @ one point? He didn't impress me there.

Copyright © 2004-2014 EP GRIDIRON. All Rights Reserved.