WELCOME TO THE EP GRIDIRON FORUM                                                                                                            FORUM RULES & GUIDELINES: CLICK HERE

Index > EP GRIDIRON - Forum > - VARSITY > El Paso Coaches Clinic
Forum: - VARSITY
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
El Paso Coaches Clinic

I have been a coach in El Paso for quite a few years now. This weekend was the 22nd El Paso Coaches Clinc. What was disappointing about this clinic is the amount of schools that did not show up. All of EPISD's high schools were accounted for, they even had coaches from Ross MS, Canyon Hills MS, Lincoln MS, Henderson MS, Morehead MS, and Richardson MS. Which schools showed up from YISD, Ysleta, that was it! Where was Bel Air, Eastwood, Del Valle, etc. Where was Hanks? Coach Cleveland is always talking about getting coaches in El Paso involved and then your whole staff doesn't even show up. Which Schools from Socorro ISD showed up, El Dorado and Socorro that's it. Where was Americas, Montwood, and the new school East Lake? Other schools in the El Paso area that showed up were San Eli, Canutillo, Horizon, Mt. View, Clint and even a team from Juarez Mexico. If I left out any schools that attended, please forgive me. This was a pathetic display by the Socorro and Ysleta district. I know that all schools were notified of the clinic well in advanced. I also know that most coaches stipends are good enough that you can afford a $50 registration fee. It was embarrassing for me to be sitting in the clinic room listening to the coach from Cibolo Steel and Jackson State and seeing only 45 coaches still there. Before anyone say I'm coach Pete from Jeff or someone on his staff, I'm not! I do coach for an EPISD and just felt like I needed to say something. My hat is off to all the coaches who showed up for the clinic. You received a lot of great new information hopefully you can use. I just hope this wasn't the last clinic that El Paso will be having!

Re: El Paso Coaches Clinic

I don't know about the other schools but the coaches at Bel Air had my son and some other players in team jersey asking for donations at every intersection on Yarbrough from I-10 all the way down to Alameda. Coaches were with them at every intersection. They had signs reading donations accepted.

Quote: disappointed coach
I have been a coach in El Paso for quite a few years now. This weekend was the 22nd El Paso Coaches Clinc. What was disappointing about this clinic is the amount of schools that did not show up. All of EPISD's high schools were accounted for, they even had coaches from Ross MS, Canyon Hills MS, Lincoln MS, Henderson MS, Morehead MS, and Richardson MS. Which schools showed up from YISD, Ysleta, that was it! Where was Bel Air, Eastwood, Del Valle, etc. Where was Hanks? Coach Cleveland is always talking about getting coaches in El Paso involved and then your whole staff doesn't even show up. Which Schools from Socorro ISD showed up, El Dorado and Socorro that's it. Where was Americas, Montwood, and the new school East Lake? Other schools in the El Paso area that showed up were San Eli, Canutillo, Horizon, Mt. View, Clint and even a team from Juarez Mexico. If I left out any schools that attended, please forgive me. This was a pathetic display by the Socorro and Ysleta district. I know that all schools were notified of the clinic well in advanced. I also know that most coaches stipends are good enough that you can afford a $50 registration fee. It was embarrassing for me to be sitting in the clinic room listening to the coach from Cibolo Steel and Jackson State and seeing only 45 coaches still there. Before anyone say I'm coach Pete from Jeff or someone on his staff, I'm not! I do coach for an EPISD and just felt like I needed to say something. My hat is off to all the coaches who showed up for the clinic. You received a lot of great new information hopefully you can use. I just hope this wasn't the last clinic that El Paso will be having!

There is a feud between Cleveland and Pete. And they don't hide it either.

Cleveland and Pete shouldn't even be coaching anymore. They have failed their schools.

These Coaches really should not be judged too harshly for not showing up to this clinic. I can't speak for all the schools but as for Eastwood's Coaches....they have been attending several clinics throughout the state in the off season and have been working very closly and visited a VERY successful Texas school that runs the same offense they will be running. Attending the other clinics and working with those coaches from that school will be a lot more beneficial to Eastwoods staff then hanging out with the local High School and JR HIGH SCHOOL coaches the weekend before their spring ball starts!
You are correct though in some respect. The coaches that did not show up simply out of laziness or that have not been doing other clinics in the off season should not be coaches and their attitude will probably reflect in their teams play this season.

I understand what you are saying about the easwood coaches and the bel air coaches, but they were notified in plenty of time to make plans. Are you telling me this is the only weekend of the year that bel air could have their fundraiser. And the eastwood coaches can travel all over the state to go to clinics, but can't afford or have the time to go to the one in this city? I just don't understand why coaches from this city can't support something that is good for el paso.

Quote: TrooperX
These Coaches really should not be judged too harshly for not showing up to this clinic. I can't speak for all the schools but as for Eastwood's Coaches....they have been attending several clinics throughout the state in the off season and have been working very closly and visited a VERY successful Texas school that runs the same offense they will be running. Attending the other clinics and working with those coaches from that school will be a lot more beneficial to Eastwoods staff then hanging out with the local High School and JR HIGH SCHOOL coaches the weekend before their spring ball starts!
You are correct though in some respect. The coaches that did not show up simply out of laziness or that have not been doing other clinics in the off season should not be coaches and their attitude will probably reflect in their teams play this season.

At least pay the entry fee and pick a couple of decent speakers to sit in on.

From what I heard some of the Andress coaches were there. It is going to be a good year for the Eagles.

Americas coaches dont need to be in some wack clinic there hot this year,

Yeah they don't need to be there because melton knows it all. I say they will beat onate, bel air, eastwood, socorro. They will lose to Franklin, Coronado, Montwood, Andress, and Eldorado!!!

Melton Knows it all? Yeah right! That guy thinks his shizz dont stink. He thinks he owns el paso and has not done a **** thing here. If I recall correctly he hasn't even made the playoffs, and to top it all off he has horrible people skills.

wow coach gaines that is your 1st and only post. I guess you just have an ax to grind LOL. I can only speak for the Thunderbird staff, I know they went and that they go every year.

Quote: Coach Gaines
Melton Knows it all? Yeah right! That guy thinks his shizz dont stink. He thinks he owns el paso and has not done a **** thing here. If I recall correctly he hasn't even made the playoffs, and to top it all off he has horrible people skills.

Melton own el paso? Wow. Alot of talk coming from americas. But Melton this will be your season to either get into he playoffs or continue being a middle of the pack team.

Quote: Boobie Miles
Yeah they don't need to be there because melton knows it all. I say they will beat onate, bel air, eastwood, socorro. They will lose to Franklin, Coronado, Montwood, Andress, and Eldorado!!!

There go the haters again. So personal. Who knows what plans those schools have. I know for a fact that Hanks, Americas, Fabens, and a couple of other schools just attended a clinic a couple of months ago in Dallas. There is also another Ft.Worth Clinic that's has already been invested in. I'm sure that no coach is(was) restricted from attending this event, but maybe they didn't feel like coming out of their own pocket. Maybe some coaches feel that they get a better deal from the Dallas and San Antonio Clinics....Or even the one that was held in Phoenix and Las Vegas within the last 8 weeks which I'm sure a majority of the coaches here didn't attend. Quit judging...quit hating. Please (-:

Hey Americas coach (disguylikesfootball), if going to out of town clinics works for you guys then that is great. But really are you going to get the info or just going on a trip to get away from work??? Well anyways just saying it how I see it. until melton respects ep football he will continue to be a middle of the pack team!!!!

Quote: BOOBIE MILES
Hey Americas coach (disguylikesfootball), if going to out of town clinics works for you guys then that is great. But really are you going to get the info or just going on a trip to get away from work??? Well anyways just saying it how I see it. until melton respects ep football he will continue to be a middle of the pack team!!!!

No, not a(Americas coach), but i am a fan of football that knows people. just not a fan of haters.

Hey I don't think people hate Americas. But I guess their coach probably is not liked by many. That would include members on his staff. Not a coach just a fan who knows people. Why do u think some of his former coaches left the staff!!

Copyright © 2004-2014 EP GRIDIRON. All Rights Reserved.