WELCOME TO THE EP GRIDIRON FORUM                                                                                  FORUM RULES & GUIDELINES: CLICK HERE
EPGRIDIRONFORUM
Forum: - VARSITY
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Hanks 7 on 7 Tournament

Any news or updates on this Hanks Tourney?

Re: Hanks 7 on 7 Tournament

I'll try and gather the pools on Monday...since its the only SQT in El Paso I imagine it'll be full

Sounds good!!

Hey Matthew any news yet?

Pool A
EP Hanks
EP Coronado
Clint Horizon
EP Socorro

Pool B
EP Del Valle
Fabens
EP Eastwood
EP El Dorado

Pool C
EP Franklin
EP Riverside
Clint Mt View
EP Chapin

Pool D
EP Montwood
EP Parkland
EP Bel Air
EP Eastlake

Top two teams advance to state

when is the Hanks tourny?

This Saturday

Hey Matthew what time does this tourney start?

GAMES WILL BE AT INDIAN RIDGE AND DESERT VIEW MIDDLE SCHOOLS ....9AM IS FIRST GAME....GREAT JOB RANGERS!!!

Lmao... Hanks would put themselves in the easiest bracket and then have riverside and Franklin in the same one..

Hey games played at middle schools? Okay so who is going to be playing where?

Quote: Yusee
Lmao... Hanks would put themselves in the easiest bracket and then have riverside and Franklin in the same one..

What the???? The top 2 teams from a week ago (Franklin and Riverside) are in the same pool???? And Chapin is added in there too?????

Good job coach Cleveland.

Cleveland always does that crap. Hanks is hosting it so they try to get any advantage for Hanks as possible.

hes sorry as usual!

I heard they are going to redo the pools because of complaints. Chapin, Riverside, Montwood, and Franklin were all in the same pool.

Problem is, he thinks 7 on 7 is what you're supposed to win and puts more effort into that than the regular season.

He is looking for a free trip back to east Texas to try to find his next job.

The games at 2 sites? What happened to hanks stadium and their practice field? So where are these games then?

Montwood takes out parkland, bel air, and eastlake. Eastlake game was close but the rams won! Don't know about chapin and Franklin. Any news on who is winning at dvms?

4 semi-finalists are

El Dorado
Riverside
Coronado
Montwood

Riverside takes it again!! Them boys are good this year

Riverside and Coronado qualify for state

I only attended the finals but riverside played two great games the first game against Montwood. The rangers were without both starting corners due to injuries one corner was forced to move to safety and the other was out with a broken nose. Montwood took advantage of the youth and hit the rangers with two touchdowns on wheel routs. The rangers had problems defensively but the offense came up big putting up points over and over I dont remember the final score but riverside ended up winning by two or three td's.
(One thing I want to note about Montwood where was EB Britton because they had a different qb but the kid throwing the ball today was pretty **** good, he had a very good deep ball nice touch?)

Now for the finals it was Between coronado and riverside. The game started off great with coronado marching all the way down the field only to have the ball picked in the end zone and have the ball returned for a TD. The next drive coronado scored. It was another good offensive battle both teams putting up points. However rangers gained the upper hand scoring on a 45 yd strike to the end zone to end the half. The rangers got the ball at the half and put up another TD as well as the conversion. this put rangers up by 1. On the final drive rangers where up by seven points coronado drove the ball to about the 15 yd line, with one final attempt to the end zone cornado's receiver has the pass broken up by a ranger defender to have the Ranger Win the tourney.

Great game for both school i didnt see the el dorado vs coronado game but it must have been good because that one came down to the last play as well or so i heard.

As far as pool play i head rangers played a closer game with Franklin this time around and handed chapin a big loss putting up 62 points on them.
(IF ANYONE KNOWS HOW OTHERS SCHOOLS DID PLZ LET ME KNOW THANKS)

Nice read exranger43. thanks

These Rangers seem like they are the real deal! The QB BH has to be the best in the city.

Thanks a lot and I have said it before if the rangers have an even decent offense line the offense will put up plenty of point they just need to find a defensive line to stop the run which they couldn't do last season. If they can stop the run this season i expect big things. Lets see if Coronado and Riverside can both make some noise and rep El Paso well at state.

hey what happen to chapin's state tournament? why aren't they having theirs this year?

Coronado had some fine receivers in the mix. There was one particular kid that kept making acrobatic catches in the finals games at the end that were just amazing. I don't know who he was, but he was good. They were good at separating from coverage, and had good hands. This is only 7 on 7 though.

1. Riverside
2. Coronado
3. Montwood
4. El dorado

This is how they finished. Good luck at state to the rangers and t-birds.

Copyright © 2004-2014 EP GRIDIRON. All Rights Reserved.