WELCOME TO THE EP GRIDIRON FORUM                                                                                                            FORUM RULES & GUIDELINES: CLICK HERE

Index > EP GRIDIRON - News and Opinions > - VARSITY > Del Valle wins first annual New Mexi-Tex 7on7 tournament
Forum: - VARSITY
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Del Valle wins first annual New Mexi-Tex 7on7 tournament

Not many El Paso schools headed out there but DV still represented Tx football well. Good job Conquistadores!!

Re: Del Valle wins first annual New Mexi-Tex 7on7 tournament

What NM and El Paso teams played?

Socorro was there. Bel Air, Del Valle, Tornillo,Horizon, Bowie, are the Texas teams I can remember off the top of my head. Deming, Alamogordo, Santa Teresa, Albuquerque Sandia, Albuquerque El Dorado, Chaparral, Onate, and Grants are some of the New Mexico schools.

There were 19 teams in total. The teams played pool play and then were seeded.

The Semi-finals were Socorro vs. Santa Teresa and ABQ El Dorado vs. Del Valle. Santa Teresa and Del Valle played for the championship with Del Valle winning in Double Overtime.

Im not suprised they won it considering they won the high school 8 on 8 tournament as well this spring.

I'm not surprised Del Valle the New Mexi-Tex 7on7 as well just look at the weak competition they played. I don't see Del Valle going to college station for the real state 7on7 championship against real competition.

Quote: Oscar
I'm not surprised Del Valle the New Mexi-Tex 7on7 as well just look at the weak competition they played. I don't see Del Valle going to college station for the real state 7on7 championship against real competition.
i just wanna see you play us before you run your mouth.

No thank you. I don't play weak comp

well no good NM comp there if mayfield or Cruces high were there they win for sure!!!

DV vs Santa Teresa on a double OT? Isnt ST a 3a school?

ABQ El Dorado is a top 5 NM School. Santa Teresa is better than you think. They are a 4A school. Sandia is also a top ABQ 5A school.

If you're gonna bash the tournament, then you should have signed up. Franklin backed out because they said guys wouldn't show up on a Saturday. At least the teams there were working hard. Schools that didn't sign up, are ones who have kids who party too hard the night before and don't show up on Saturday's.

Good job DV, even though we didn't play our varsity vs. yours, you guys came to play. Don't listen to the haters, you guys know what you have. These idiots talk about teams not be committed in the off-season and College Station or whatever, yet they can't work on a Saturday, Give me a break.

Santa Teresa Beat Coronado Varsity in pool play at UTEP.

Why do people pay so much attention to 7 on 7? I understand it helps in terms of timing, staying in shape, and developing chemistry, but it is never a good indicator of how good or bad a team will be. It is a glorified 1-hand touch football. Please...

Just enjoy it, have fun, but don't take it so seriously. Relax people. Wait for the pads to come on... Then we'll talk.

Quote: MadDog Football
ABQ El Dorado is a top 5 NM School. Santa Teresa is better than you think. They are a 4A school. Sandia is also a top ABQ 5A school.

If you're gonna bash the tournament, then you should have signed up. Franklin backed out because they said guys wouldn't show up on a Saturday. At least the teams there were working hard. Schools that didn't sign up, are ones who have kids who party too hard the night before and don't show up on Saturday's.

Good job DV, even though we didn't play our varsity vs. yours, you guys came to play. Don't listen to the haters, you guys know what you have. These idiots talk about teams not be committed in the off-season and College Station or whatever, yet they can't work on a Saturday, Give me a break.

Wow! Don't throw Franklin in the mix as us backing out! We went out to texas tech this weekend and won the whole dam thing! It was a state qualifier tourney where we qualified for state in college station! Get your facts straight those tourneys are far better competition than this mexi 7 on 7 tourney you speak of... Of all the schools you throw Franklin under the bus and affiliate us with not working hard and partying hard the night before.. Let me also throw in that we won the nmsu 7 on 7 tourney as well where again far better competition was present and we made it to the championship game at the utep tourney having only lost our one game against riverside...

Then Coronados JV team beat Santa Teresa with a Freshman QB

Coronados JV team? Dang maybe this year coronado should let the varsity team play the JV games and let the JV team play the varsity games with that freshman qb.

Copyright © 2004-2014 EP GRIDIRON. All Rights Reserved.